“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Election day x's TWO --help donate $100K for vets!!!

Even tho, I keep up with all the pre-election hoopla, and the poll results for different states' flow of who's ahead by so much, I never let that influence me and my vote. Registered with one party, I still vote for who I think would be the best candidate for leader of our country ...in other words if I feel one would do better than the other, the party has nothing to do with my vote. Other times, I've voted just straight one party....but this election, I'm going to pay attention to those running for re-election to Congress and vote 'em out!!! I'm fed up with those. And when it comes to local elections, I'm fed up with our city council too...so re-elect? No....I will vote THEM out of office also. I'm hoping if I get to the polls early enough, I won't find a huge, long, line?!!!! It's a privilege to vote, of course, but it would be super nice to not have to wait for hours to vote my say in the General Election. I've never voted early before, but perhaps next time, I will seriously consider it. Next time.


But, in the meantime, if you're still in a votin' mode when you visit with me today, Purina [a pet food company here in America] is holding their annual Dog--Cat Debate...you vote...either for 'dog' or 'cat' to help decide if USA is PURRfectly matched for a cat country...or is American going to the Dogs? To vote all you need to do is type in a five number zip code ---if you're here from somewhere other than USA, use this one from Texas ---78410 and then tick one of the choices below "cat owner" etc...then, click 'vote'. IF and WHEN you vote, Purina will donate $1 up to $100,000.00 to help with pet therapy for our soldiers who served our country!!!

It's a win win situation...

GO VOTE

18 comments :

  1. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Washington state we vote by mail, all done! I wonder why they don't do this everywhere. Have you seen the pictures of the Florida early voting? Yikes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh yes, we have mail in voting, and early voting....but it's a choice only...not a 'given'. I personally would rather vote in person.

      Delete
  3. I have to confess that some of my votes will be going against the incumbents. ;-) I'll be going to vote in a few minutes ... hopefully the pre-work crowd will be gone and there won't be much of a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a privilege to vote. No matter the outcome.

      Delete
  4. I've just come back from voting. My hubby said when he was there, the line stretched out into the parking lot. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Now I'll go and vote for cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni, We also keep up with all of the political stuff and we did vote about 2 weeks ago here in TN. Today we are praying hard for our country and its future.

    Don't know what it is with people --but they/we just keep on voting people back into office--over and over and over.... Doesn't make sense especially for the ones in congress who are NOT doing their jobs....

    The country is split... Half of us will be happy and half of us won't... The next years will be hard --unless we get a leader who will work across the isle and bring us back together.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I know just what you mean, the voters complain over and over again during the course of one's term, yet they re-elect. It boggles my mind.

      Delete
  6. We always queue for HOURS when we vote. Hubby and I often go in the evening just before the polls close, as by that time most people are done and the crowds aren't too bad. We don't get to vote early, unless one is handicapped or out of the country. Pretty archaic rules here! Vote by mail?? Wow! I guess that's pretty first world. Too smart for Africa! :) Hoping the elections go well and that the best man gets the job. I have to be honest and say that I haven't followed the two candidates at all this time, so wouldn't be able to make a fair choice! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me personally, I like the 'old ways' of going to the polls to vote.

      Delete
  7. DB and I early voted last week and canceled each other out; but, we still vote. How can you pick between dogs and cats? It's a winner either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, I really don't think it's all about cats vs. dogs --it's the donation that counts.

      Delete
  8. Since I have very little confidence in any of the political candidates I find the Purina election much more to my liking. That is an awesome thing for Purina to do

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your voting system sounds so complicated to me. Now the shows are over, the two dogs stopped barking at each other and this morning I read that Obama won ! That at least makes the Europeans happy ! From what I have heard in other countries news. Hope you are happy too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina!!!! I'm so happy to see that you stopped by for a visit.

      Delete

.