“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






...a corn cob pipe, a button nose & 2 eyes made out of coal...

While I was doing little bits and pieces of work around the house the past week, preparing for Thanksgiving, I dubbed around in the garage on the work bench. In between cleaning house, baking pumpkin pies, preparing the garage for another car to be parked in there during the holiday, I began the last of the gnomes I've been wanting to make. Of course there is a Santa Gnome that I finished a couple of weeks ago....but, with Santa and the season, there should be along with him the other story told through lyrics....FROSTY THE SNOWMAN.


So, I painted the larger wooden ball and the smaller one all a creamy white. Then, while the paint was still wet, I sprinkled on 'snowflakes' with white glitter. After the paint and glitter dried, I glued his head on....


...waiting for that to dry, I began making his hat and decorating it with chain stitch brim, a bit of 'frosty' snow, a red pompom and tied a yarn bow around the peak of the hat with a couple of metal, mini, snowflakes at the end of the bow ties.


...the nose is a white BUTTON with the thread eye shaft broken off for a bit more sturdiness, and the two eyes made of out coal are seed bead chips. The CORN COB PIPE is dowel, etched to look like a corn cob, and the smoke is nylon rope fragments glued into the pipe bowl. Of course, Frosty didn't have a beard [but in the Burl Ives, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer TV special, that snowman had a beard...and a gnome should have a beard. LOL]


18 comments :

  1. That is really cute Anni, right down to the corncob pipe. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gnomes! This Frosty is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas crafts make me actually look forward to the holiday and all the treats I'll receive here. I hope your Thanksgiving week was as good as mine, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, I hope you're feeling much better tho.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are enjoying your time with family, love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we did enjoy the company.

      Delete
  5. So, so cute. You are so creative!

    Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Kathy, and we did enjoy.

      Delete
  6. OMG he is tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are extremely talented with the blog and with crafts. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very talented lady, Anni... SO CUTE!!!!!

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with family. We certainly did.

    Love your header.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad for the positive feedback Betsy.

      Delete
  9. Now that is really clever. Don't forget that there's no place like gnome for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh, oh. Now I'll be humming that song most of the day. ;o)

      Delete

.