“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Can U Guess?

Take a look, before reading my post, can you figure out who this is?

[all in jest] 'Tis a sad day to report that this beautiful gal is all washed up!! After over 5 decades of giving us pleasure and entertainment and friendship over the years, her eyes haunted us amongst the refuse found on Whitecap Beach this week along the Texas Coast!!! B. Millicent Roberts, from Willows, Wisconsin was born to Ms. Ruth H in 1959.  The beloved one came to a broken end; her perfect model-like beauty was dragged and tortured, she finally succumbed and vanquished in the turmoil of currents.

With her allure, and our attraction to the celebrity of her long time standing in cultural America, she blossomed with a popular following; dedicated were we that we all dreamed of having an hour-glass figure and milk and honey complexion just like she retained and possessed over the years. At the beginning of her career, she became a teen-aged model. And throughout her ambitious and lustrous life, she held as many as 125 different jobs. With over 70 fashion designers producing her famous gowns and every-day clothes; using 105 million yards of fabric to date. Tho weighing in at only 7.25 ounces, and at the time of her demise this week, reaching a height of a mere 11.5 inches tall, she was a giant to most!!!

Close relatives are her parents, Ruth and Elliot H...co-founders of Ma-tell™ Creashuns.  Being a breast cancer victim herself, Ruth also was the inventor of "Nearlee Me" a natural looking and feeling prosthesis for women who needed her invention after having mastectomies.  B. Millicent's longtime boyfriend, K. Sean Carson mourns her life in their dreamhouse they've shared since 1961...



[original photo before it was cropped for macro monday]




CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone






_ _ _

MONDAY MORSELS

First off, I wrote the above 'storyline' for fun...and for that, I am not going to apologize or post anything in regards to it being offensive, if it bothers you that I tried to make it humorous, that's your personal problem. [names have been abbreviated to protect those who may still be 'alive'] So...in continuing with this 'story'....I just gotta share this conversation today with you who read the eulogy I created in jest above after I saw this on the beach and photographed it. Okay, are you ready?

Me: "Bud? You have to proof read this article for me if you will".
Bud sitting down at the computer desk: "It's not scrolling!!"
Me: "Use the scroll bar on the right side".  [thinking to myself "He needs a book computers for dummies"]

silence as he reads and scrolls at the same time [thinking to myself "What a concept!  Being able to do two things at once"]....

When he's done and re-enters the living room, he looks to me and asks:

"So, who died?"

OMG!!!!!!!!!

...[thinking to myself  "Are you serious?"]
...after I stumbled back a bit and showed a sign of true disbelief for the fact he couldn't figure out who I was writing about, he started to grin....those dimples in his cheeks told me he was pulling my leg all the while. He said:
"GOTCHA".

I walked away mumbling "Turd".


_ _ _

PS...you'd be surprised what kind of junk is found on the beaches. I won't even get into it but let's just say, sometimes, it's items that are found in bedroom waste baskets and drawers. LOL Okay, 'nough said. But I did want to answer the question DJan asked in her comment yesterday on my goggles shadow shot [also found on the beach] ---No, I didn't arrange it, the photo is just as I found it. I wouldn't touch that stinking seaweed if they paid me!!!! :o) Even when I go hunting for shells and drift seeds, I'm wearing latex gloves.

32 comments :

  1. Those guys...sometimes that word you used is the absolute best description. I was laughing out loud at the 2 of you - sounded a lot like my house! I thought your post today was a hoot...I was trying to figure out which doll it was...or statue. Loved this today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...keeps life interesting I guess. But, they think they're so smart sometimes. rofl

      Delete
  2. I thought this was hilarious - and so is Bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I won't tell him you said that, that would just instigate him being more arrogant. LOL

      Delete
  3. Anni thanks for the Monday morning laugh. That must be Beach Barbie
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhh, I love this. Beach Barbie. What a clever duo you two make.

      Delete
  4. Good story! She's lived a good long life. I think of some little girl somewhere who loved her when she was alive. Bud got you back. And that stinking seaweed must be pretty gross. It doesn't look like it, though. It actually looks pretty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...pretty stinky!!! And it takes hours to get the smell out of your system, long after you leave the area.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading! Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC
    Liz @ YACB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to know it was enjoyed by you Liz

      Delete
  6. Clever use of your find washed up on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting what you can find washed up on the beach! Love at the macro shot, Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I just cropped the eye from the original.

      Delete
  8. Woo Hoo, love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...right backatcha Denise.

      Delete
  9. I had a good laugh here. At first I thought it's a real person ^_^ You are clever! ^_^


    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but, to some Barbie IS real. If you didn't know, now you do. rofl

      Delete
  10. LOL! Fun post! I imagined at first it was a beautiful model at the helm of an old ship wreck! Thanks for the giggle! :) Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...glad it made you giggle. I had fun writing it up.

      Delete
  11. Hi Anni, I'm BACK... Did you miss me???? ha ha ... We were in HOT Arkansas for several days --and had a great time. BUT--this weekend's weather here at home has been PERFECT in every respect. I'm SO ready for FALL.

    Your Bud is hilarious... He really did 'get' you!!!!! Love it.... Cute post... There are always strange things found on the beach, aren't there???? AND--they do give us good stories to tell.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy...I wondered if you two were out gallivanting around the countryside searching for waterfalls.

      Delete
  12. Beach Barbie...
    Over the weekend my daughter and I were discussing the two huge boxes of Barnie and Barbie accessories I STILL
    Have in my closet.mmwe do this about once a year. I suggested we donate them...she wants to take a stroll down memory lane first. So you see Barbies were on my mind
    Lol
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha!!! So, that explains it all. In any case, it was giving me the giggles.

      Delete
  13. I looked at the first picture and thought I know that face. Her and I were friends years ago. You wrote a great eulogy and I love the last shot. Your conversation with Bud made me laugh. If I that had been Wade he would have read it and been totally lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....LOL, men....they just don't know the fine art of life. [insert wink]

      Delete
  14. That was pretty funny Anni...Bud got you good. Great find at the beach though. I can only think of a forensic beach investigator when you say you wear latex gloves!!! Makes me laugh...maybe I watch to much NCIS and CSI???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha!!!! So, there is another NCIS fan in my midst, huh? I love that show and each time I don a latex I think of Abby.

      Delete
  15. Wow, double hilarity in one post and it's a Monday! Great eulogy, I loved it, and couldn't have been anymore of a perfect surprise Macro! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks....glad you enjoyed the double whammy of comedy.

      Delete
  16. :) I enjoyed reading your story!!!

    ReplyDelete

.