my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




the answer is blowing in the wind...


[very old] SHADOWED WIND CHIME - Backyard corner under pyracantha bush. When the sea breezes blow [which is almost a constant this far south, and so near the gulf....], I never tire of hearing its musical tones.






CONNECTING TO:





_ _ _


SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

If you've been visiting here this past week, you know that I've done not much at all throughout the week. Just a bit of yard work on Monday [then, half finished, it rained so that put the hipper dipper to anything getting completed 'cause everything was too wet to work with 'til Thursday...we then finished the two yards]. I've been reading, and quickly finished the book: Hitler's Last Secretary written in memoir style by Ms. Junge who was one of Adolf Hitler's secretaries during the Russian/American Invasions during WWII. I am not one to read non-fiction [when I see a book and thumb to the last section and find an index in the back of the book, a light bulb immediately goes off telling me it's boring!! lol]. So novels are my preference. But, for the most part, after seeing the movie in German, The Downfall, I was very interested in finding the book she had published about her days in the bunker with the "Fuehrer". I highly recommend the book. On the 4th, I stopped at Wal Mart after our short birding expedition [short, because of the extreme heat index], and bought some new throw rugs for the kitchen and master bathroom. Also, been working on the Norwegian genealogy for my brother in law and I'm learning a lot of family cultures. Not only HIS family but how a 'law' back long ago was in effect on naming families' children. Which makes it most confusing for a genealogist who has nothing to go on in the beginning. Did you know that if a couple had a son, they were to name him for his father...the father's first name and add 'sen' to the end of it? And if they had a daughter....they had to name her for the father again and add datter on the end. For instance, if the father was named Lars, the daughter would be then named Mari Larsdatter...Larsdatter was her SURNAME for life; even after marriage. Oh boy, talk about a gazillion Larsdatters in research!!! Whoa, and who's to know which Mari Larsdatter is relation? Same with the boy child...for example, birth, naming....father's name with sen behind it... etc, etc, etc. Thankfully in the late 20th century, the country changed the law and allows them to name their children Bob, Henry, Jake...so on and so forth. Interesting bit of culture, but not good for those who are doing research online and can't speak the language well. Let's see, that about sums up my week. It's been a quiet week. Too quiet. I didn't even cook anything for a 3 course meal...we just made sandwiches and ate chips and veggies for the most part... I don't like just sitting around idly like that for long....I start gettin' antsy. Coming back to the book, Hitler's Last Secretary, I still for the life of me can't see the infatuation of the man....so many women flocked to him...what was it?

Oh, I wanted to share this with y'all. Irene, our daughter, shared this with me. Now what surprised the heck out of me...she is NO DOMESTIC Goddess to be sure. And here she comes up with posting this!!?!!! I can't get over it for the fact that she actually earmarked something of this nature. But, I loved the idea after I picked myself up off the floor from shock:




38 comments :

  1. Okay, that bottle top idea is genius, LOL! I cannot wait to try that. Bonus points for demonstrating with chocolate chips. With that bottle top do-dad, I could dribble those chips straight into my mouth, eliminating the probability of melty chocolate fingers....Oh, yeah, this will work out just fiiiiineeee.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!!! Me too. I can sit and eat way too much of these now, without any tell-tale evidence in my hands.

      Delete
  2. I would gladly share the shadowy music with you, for I love wind chimes!

    Shadowy Stones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the sound really does soothe the soul.

      Delete
  3. I really like your wind chime and wish I could hear it! I don't understand the whole Hitler allure either. Maybe they like power cause I don't see anything else.
    I can't imagine how hard it is to follow Norwegian geneology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a rich, deep and soft tone. And ya, I just don't see anything in Hitler, but he is an interesting read.

      Delete
  4. I love wind chimes too! And that bottle topper? Oh how cool is THAT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe my eyes that this little ditty came from our not-so-domestic daughter. LOL

      Delete
  5. What a clever idea for the bottle tops! I was giggling while I read your reaction to your daughter's posting. I learn new things about my daughter... with shock sometimes too. :) We think we know them so well. :)
    The sound of chimes is so calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.....our kids never cease to put us into shock sometimes.

      Delete
  6. Very cool wind chimes. Like Joan I also think their sound is calming. ;-)

    The reuse of bottle tops idea is a great one.

    Have a fun week seeking shadows, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Patti.

      Delete
  7. The wind chime is cool...and that bottle top thing is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a GREAT IDEA with the plastic bottle. I will need to try that myself one of these days. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too.....but first I need to buy a bag of chocolate chips!!! [kidding]

      Delete
  9. I love to hear that wind chime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick...it's been a long time since you've stopped by...it's good to see you.

      Delete
  10. O how clever is that bread idea! Brilliant! Intrigued by the old Norwegian law of surnames! Didn't know that! And those amazing wind chimes! I imagine that they have a deep sound! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a sweet, melodic, deep tone.

      Delete
  11. Anni
    I love wind chimes too. I have a small set on my front porch such a peaceful sound. I think my B might be interested in the book you just finished. Great tip on the storage too
    I'm glad you were able to figure out the Olympic submission. Hugs
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for the offer to help me out you two!!

      Delete
  12. love the idea from your daughter...and i am a BIG fan of your wind chime. it looks like it would have a lovely sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does have a 'throaty' deep relaxing song

      Delete
  13. I love wind chimes too! They just give me a soothing feeling especially when the wind blows and the music is created.

    Oh, the last photo is indeed an ingenious creation. My grandmother will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Blowing in the Wind" reminds me of a song. Lovely capture Anni!


    My Shadows
    Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that was my intention 'cause the windchime does play its own song.

      Delete
  15. We have similar wind chimes, but ours aren't very musical!!
    Like the bottle top idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by and left a comment...much appreciated.

      Delete
  16. I love the sound of wind chimes and they drive my husband nuts. I suspect the set I had may not have been a victim of the elements as it appeared :)
    I've seen that idea with the plastic bottle and it is genius

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catch him in the act of destroying the wind chime and you're in like flint...he'll buy you anything you desire. LOL [-kidding of course-]

      Delete
  17. Hey Anni, how ya been?? I know it's been awhile but I had to stop by today and check out your latest. That wind chime is gigantic! I take it the tones are very low, right. The book sounds like a good read. I like reading about other angles of WWII. I believe the women were attracted to Hilter for the power he commanded...as still happens today, certainly not for his looks!! That idea with the bottle is very clever and useful...I am for sure going to try it out. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuck!! It's good to see you here. But thing is, I can't find your blog link through Blogger any more?!!! Where are you? I miss reading your posts.

      Delete
  18. Thanks for the tip....
    It is still hot...hoping for a break soon.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.