my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Wonderful World of Wordless Water....







CONNECTING TO:


USE MOUSEOVER over the image to read what you're seeing...




_ _ _


HODGEPODGE



1. How many students were in your high school graduating class? Did you know most, if not all of them? Let's see....high school graduation....that was nearly 50 years ago!! I'm guessing there were about 300...give or take a few. Did I know most of them? Ya, probably. Not by name but by being classmates with most throughout the four years I was there. I was only good friends [hanging out together during pep club or ball games or dances] with my groupies.

2. What was the last thing you photographed? I carry the camera where I go, and always have a back-up cellphone with camera. So it was probably a bird, or a cloud, or a bayfront scene.

3. Pickles-love 'em or loathe 'em? If its love what's something you eat that needs a pickle? Love 'em. Sweet, dill, and bread 'n' butter pickles. What I eat when I have to have a pickle with it is a CHEESEBURGER! Tons of pickle. If I order a cheeseburger at a restaurant, I always ask for extra pickles.

4. What's a stereotype you seem to perpetuate without meaning to? Panhandlers. I seem to put them in a group of lazy good-for-nothings, when a lot of times they really ARE homeless and out of work/money.

5. Ever been horse back riding? If so is it something you enjoy? If not, do you have any interest? Did you watch the Kentucky Derby? Will you be watching the last leg of the Triple Crown this weekend? More like did I have a horse?!! Yes, I did....Lucky was her name. And yes, horseback riding in the Foothills of Colorado was always an adventure. I have no interest in horse racing...

6. What's your favorite 'wedding' movie?
I'm not much on the 'romance' genre of movies. Too sappy and so just not for me.  One I really enjoyed,  that comes to mind right away, was/is the wedding vows in the animated movie...CORPSE BRIDE. I LOVE THAT ONE!!! When a shy groom practices his wedding vows in the inadvertent presence of a deceased young woman, she rises from the grave assuming he has married her. Mainly 'cause I love the artwork in movies that are animated, tho I must add the story [or plot] wasn't all that bad either. I never tire of just looking at the skills and talents of movie makers when it comes to 'cartoon' movies, and Tim Burton and his crew never disappoints.  In fact, I liked this 'bride' so much, I had to do a pencil sketch [link] of the two during their 'wedding'.   The movie's wedding scene follows...



Victor Van Dort: "With this hand I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine."



7. What is one 'tourist attraction' in the USA that you'd like to see in person? I've seen just about most of the continental U.S. when it comes to 'tourist' attractions; from Washington D.C. [once I flew into D.C. just to go to the National Zoo to see a panda bear!!] From the Chesapeake and Atlantic Ocean to California coast ---from Montana to the Gulf Coast...and most of them I've seen way before they became so commercialized [for instance... The one I'm thinking of right off hand is Yellowstone Park...I saw it in the mid 50's ---beautiful and pristine...the Grand Tetons are still a favorite mountain range of mine. Then, we took our kids there so they could see it ---late 70s, and in just a little over twenty years, they had 'super highways' and overpasses, colossal lodges taking away from the remote feeling of being the first explorer long ago...it was in my opinion; ruined!!!] Also, been to Hawai'i. Oahu to be exact...to the USS Arizona Memorial and Diamond Head. So I guess I would have to say Alaska...the glaciers maybe. Tho, I'm not really much on travel these days; after all they ARE tourist traps these days, and the airport security is less than to be desired. So, I really can't get too excited over any prospect of seeing anything but what is around me now within a day's drive, I'm very content with day trips. And not to any 'tourist attractions'...just driving and seeing the country that is nearby. From cotton fields to bird sanctuaries to the lesser known Texas Missions and lighthouses that still exist - some quiet, out of the way adventure is more my style anymore.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I can't believe I forgot all about this meme last week....it's one of my favorites. Our hostess posts some good, thought provoking, questions.






CONNECTING TO:

58 comments :

  1. Wahrlich wunderschöne Wasserspiele!!

    LG Mathilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your hodgepodge - and thanks for participating in WW! Love those water shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda....and thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  3. You pictures are awesome! I also enjoyed you hodgepodge. How could I forget about that movie. It was a great one. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to share photos without words. I'm glad to know you're going to keep up the meme.

      Delete
  4. Love these pictures and enjoyed reading the hodgepodge. Wish I had time to play along with that one, but off to work I go. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers-
    Love to travel and see the US/or World, but hub not a traveler. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome water pictures, Anni! And I also enjoyed the hodgepodge questions and answers. I went to four different high schools and the one I graduated from had over a thousand; I knew very few of them. I think the Grand Canyon has been my favorite tourist destination. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...your high school years sound like Bud's.

      Delete
  7. I enjoy driving the back roads around here. Whenever we go anywhere and I'm driving, it's back roads all the way. There really are so many lovely things to see doing that. Bridie loves all things Tim Burton! All. Things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the lesser known destinations as well...anything too commercial puts me off. I guess if I want to see some of the big sites though I have to deal with a little bit of commercial.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Joyce...and thanks for hosting.

      Delete
  9. Nice water shots...I also enjoy the hodge podge part too! They are great questions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool shots! i'd love to sit by this fountain on a hot day.:p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, me too. Nothing better than a shady area with a water fountain to soothe the soul.

      Delete
  11. the water looks so refreshing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos, Anni.... I graduated in a small school --maybe 80 in our graduating class... The last thing I photographed was at 7:30 this morning --while walking the yard!!! I took some pictures of roses/lilies/daylilies.

    Never been horseback riding except for one time --at a state park when I was a teen; Oh--there are so many places here in the USA which I haven't seen and want to: New England, Yosemite, Yellowstone/Tetons, Glacier, etc. etc. etc.... We are talking about going to Yellowstone and the Tetons in September.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've ever seen it before the updated, citified, Yellowstone, you'll be a bit disappointed in the less than natural atmosphere it has now. At least it's that way for me.

      Delete
  13. Love the light through the palms. It reminds me of the sight from Tony Chan's Water Club on Biscayne Bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is pretty there in the morning to be sure.

      Delete
  14. That was a fun hodge podge! I like your water shots too - especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....me too. I like it better 'cause of the bay waters in the background.

      Delete
  15. Oh Anni, what a lovely spot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Water is so photogenic! I love all you pics
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos!! I haven't seen Corpse Bride but I'm going to look to see if it's playing on DTV.
    Here's My Answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki....I really like Corpse Bride.

      Delete
  18. Very refreshing water photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Corpse Bride sounds like an interesting movie!

    I totally misread the question about stereotypes as what stereotype do you personify, not perpetuate. (rolls eyes at self) I have to proofread in the morning the things I write before bed! LOL

    I always carry a camera with me and I have a better cell phone camera now too! Gotta love digital for that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem....we all do it. Yep, having a digital - there's nothing better.

      Delete
  20. This water park looks wonderful...do they let the kids play in it, or is it just for decoration? I saw Corpse Bride, isn't it a Tim Burton movie?? He is a such creative, outrageous visionary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, kids of ALL ages play in it.

      Delete
  21. Looks like you had a very shiny and warm day. Nice shots and thanks for joining Water World Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kim...thanks for hosting too.

      Delete
  22. Beautiful shots. Looks like a very pretty spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty spot along the highway of asphalt.

      Delete
  23. Loved the photos and enjoyed learning a little about Anni!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Chuck.

      Delete
  24. That was a great combination of hodgepodge. I enjoyed reading them...

    Water... I love the sound of it. It gives me the calming effect I need and it relaxes me at once. In fact I love it when it pours (except when it gets flooded, haha). I love the sound of the rain trickling on the roof and the splish-splash sound it has when it hits the ground :D

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....my favorite 'water sound' is the surf.

      Delete
  25. Gorgeous shots, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this BJK....knowing your talents in photography, I appreciate your input.

      Delete
  26. Don't you love the questions Joyce comes up with each week.
    I posted the last photo that I'd downloaded and that was Tuesday morning. I'd taken some with my phone and camera later that day but haven't uploaded them yet.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do...it's one of my favorite memes to participate in.

      Delete
  27. Wow, lots of traveling. I love Alaska, but have never been to Hawaii. I want to go, but hubby is convinced it would just be scads of people everywhere and no getting away into real nature. He's probably right, but I'd still like to see it!
    Whatever your last photo was, I'm sure it was beautiful. You have a real talent; I love seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. AS ALWAYS, A VERY ENTERTAINING POST. THAT SONG HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES.

    ReplyDelete

.