my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Sea shells, seashore...by the seaside




  • TV's GRIMM, the first season, comes out on DVD and BluRay August 7th!!! NCIS season #9 will be on the shelves August 21st. Don't know which one we'll buy first, but I can almost guarantee they'll both be part of our growing set of TV collections.

  • Bud and I plan on going into the Seashore National Park tomorrow. It's been over a couple of years since we've been there. The last time was when the park wardens released some of the baby Kemp Ridley Sea Turtles. I think we'll walk south toward Old Mexico this time...maybe we'll find some sunken treasures that washed ashore. hehehehe I can only 'wish'.
    [photo was posted long ago on my blog...resharing]

  • Here are the photos of the entire process of releasing the baby turtles from when we were there watching the call of the wild....CLICK HERE It should open in a new window for you.

  • June's issue of My TexasLife is now online. Always you'll find some super recipes and ideas for the month...lots of different kinds of burgers for outdoor cooking. I see also that Texas' H E B stores have a new hamburger press ---shaped like the state of Texas. I want one. You can find the link on my sidebar.

  • It was 95 degrees here for a high yesterday!!!! If this keeps it up for the entire summer, it looks like the trend will be a scorcher!!! And that also means that the Gulf Waters will be warming up just as quickly...which means....high, warm temps for the water [84 degrees and above] is open season for storms to come our way. I haven't checked online what the bay temp is, but I'm sure it's climbing!!!








  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea



    42 comments :

    1. That's a really cute little turtle.I hope you have a blast on your trip!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's just a day trip....but it was fun.

        Delete
    2. Sounds like a nice place to revisit and take some photos. love the pic of the little Turtle.

      Summer at your house, Winter at mine..
      Have a great weekend

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh but our temps make me long for our winters. Lucky you.

        Delete
    3. The beach sounds like a fun time. Love the turtle shot. Have a great weekend, Anni.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love that little turtle! It's supposed to be hot and humid here today,but you got us beat!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. LOL....can I say 'global warming'? Your post reminded me of it.

        Delete
    5. Summer weather is brutal in the south... This is why we head to Canada every summer.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hope you get there quick enough....

        Delete
    6. I have been in New Orleans for a few weeks. This last week was too warm. It's cooler in Honduras at this time of year, and I am ready for that cooler weather. I hope none of us get hit by hurricanes this year.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...gotta love New Orleans.

        Delete
    7. Our high yesterday was 54, a full fifty degrees cooler than you are having! We haven't been in any danger of even hitting 80, and we had a few days in the 70s... hope that wasn't our summer. I too hope the hurricanes stay away!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Praying that the storms will be mild ones this summer. We're planning on going to the Outer Banks in September ... we had planned to go last September, but Irene hit the week before we were to be there.

      As a new devotee of NCIS, I think I need to start investing in past seasons on DVD. I'll add that to my Christmas wish list. ;-)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love your turtle picture!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Eddie loves Grimm, and NCIS.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I love NCIS but haven't tried Grimm. My oldest daughter loves it though. I'm so glad it's not that hot here yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, in my opinion, you should try watching GRIMM....you just may get hooked too.

        Delete
    12. Hi Anni...
      I hope you and Bud have a wonderful weekend. Looks like our hots are returning this weekend. The past week has been gorgeous. Nights in the high 50's and days not much warmer than 75ish.
      Hugs C

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I just wish rain would come with the inferno. It'd help.

        Delete
    13. Sounds like a good plan for the day. Enjoy

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I hope it is a good day there. Been a while.

        Delete
    14. Well, H.A., I have to say your weather sounds brutal! We are whining because the weekend will get up to 88 degrees. Ugh.

      We invested in the first two years of Downton Abbey, since we just stumbled across it this year at the end of the year! Always good to find out how the other 1% lives. (I haven't seen Grimm, but love NCIS.)

      Have a great time at the beach. Wear your sunscreen! Hydrate!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I keep a water bottle with me all the time when I'm out walking. Good advice Ann.

        Delete
    15. We have a huge selection of DVDs at the library, including LOTS of TV series. They are "free" to check out for 7 days at a time, and only cost you if you return them late.

      They FLY off the shelves, giving me job security as I keep reshelving them!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That's cool....thing is, tho, I love watching these programs over and over and over. Not just for a week.

        Delete
    16. It's been pretty warm here in Dallas as well. Rain for two days and then mid-90's ugh...humidity with a vengence! Cool thing on the turtles, it would be great to see it actually happening. Hamburger press shaped like Texas...I too need one of those!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ....wishin' it would RAIN HERE!!! I could handle the high humidity with some rain.

        Delete
    17. You know I love NCIS, but have never watched Grimm. I don't know if I want to get "hooked" on another show! Nice photo (and since I didn't see it before, it was new to me!)...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You and me both. But GRIMM is good too.

        Delete
    18. I love the beach - but 95 is hot! Well the winter never got cold so this summer will be HOT! Keep cool. sandie

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm gonna try...A/C is a god send this time of year.

        Delete
    19. Ugh, 95 degrees already!!! Yipes. Those turtles are amazing, I wish I could see them. I hope you guys have a great trip. I would go with NCIS, just love Gibbs ;-)

      ReplyDelete
    20. Love the turtles. What a great event to watch.

      Darryl and Ruth :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank for visiting with me Ruth.

        Delete

    .