my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


"Pretty" is in the eyes of the beholder....



Note: change "woman" to kitty....and it fits!!!


Pretty kitty woman, walking down the street
Pretty kitty woman, the kind I like to meet
Pretty kitty woman
I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you

Mercy

Pretty kitty woman, won't you pardon me
Pretty kitty woman, I couldn't help see
Pretty kitty woman
That you look lovely as can be

Are you lonely just like me
Wow

Pretty kitty woman, stop a while
Pretty kitty woman, talk a while
Pretty kitty woman, gave your smile to me
Pretty kitty woman, yeah yeah yeah
Pretty kitty woman, look my way

Pretty kitty woman, say you'll stay with me
'Cause I need you, I'll treat you right
Come with me baby, be mine tonight


Pretty kitty woman, don't walk on by
Pretty kitty woman, don't make me cry
Pretty kitty woman, don't walk away, hey...okay
If that's the way it must be, okay
I guess I'll go on home, it's late
There'll be tomorrow night, but wait
What do I see

Is she walking back to me
Yeah, she's walking back to me
Oh, oh, Pretty kitty!!


Youtube lyrics & video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHPgco6GQk8



Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.

Photo credits: Tahoe [pretty kitty] and Winston thru the years...


CONNECTING TO:



- - -

It's that time of week...here's some more of 'trashy' stuff...this time in Britain:

    "Going through life as a "tall, slim, blonde" woman is harder than it looks, according to British columnist "S" Brick, who has become the focus of criticism and ridicule for writing that her life as a beautiful woman has been especially difficult. Brick, 41, published a column in the Daily Mail on Tuesday entitled, "'There are downsides to looking this pretty': Why women hate me for being beautiful." Brick bemoaned having to go through life as a beautiful woman, constantly receiving free champagne and wine from suitors, flirting with male bosses, and angering female friends and co-workers with her looks. "While I'm no Elle Macpherson," Brick wrote, "I'm tall, slim, blonde and, so I'm often told, a good-looking woman. I know how lucky I am. But there are downsides to being pretty, the main one being that other women hate me for no other reason than my lovely looks." .....Brick, however, notes that she is now looking forward to the time when age will finally fade her beauty, so that she can "blend into the background" in her life. "I can't wait for the wrinkles and the grey hair," she writes.

HOOTIN' ANNI says: Comments on this article were huge...in numbers. If you want to see her you'll need to watch the video and decide for yourself [link below]. In my opinion, she's not ugly...but then again she's not a 'women are jealous over my looks' beauty queen either. The saying goes "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"....

A few comments:

Bishop Lenbrennan posted: Clicked on the picture to enlarge....am I missing something here?

Michael posted: Probably the real reason women hate her is because of her attitude.

mantrap9 posted: Beauty's only skin deep, but ugly's to the bone.

sharkinthewater posted: ...Maybe she should have titled the book "Self-absorbed narcissist"

SeeJaneBrowse posted: Wow, the standards of female beauty in England really are lower.

Gail posted: Ha Ha! Her birthday is coming, would someone please buy this woman a full length mirror.

LiadC posted: This is actually the funniest thing I've read in a long time. A woman with no personality convinced herself that the reason people don't like her is because she's too pretty. She should talk to a psychiatrist instead of writing articles.

Bonnie posted: At 3am, we all look like Miss America.

KevinG posted: yes, what a curse that is

InGodWeTrust posted: True beauty is only a light switch away.

bs posted: ANOTHER TRANSGENDER

Jason posted: If she really doesn't like being judged because she is tall, slim and blonde, why doesn't she gain some weight, dye her hair, and slouch when she walks?



...and last one for the day:

BETTY posted: Is this a late April Fool's Joke!!!




full article: HERE's the LINK
no infringement intended

disclaimer: I only copy partial articles and a few comments left below the article. These said articles are property of online news sources; not mine. Herein, opinions written and posted do not necessarily reflect my own.


42 comments :

  1. My philosophy: Nobody is a toad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....but you know what happens when you kiss a toad....no, wait. Guess that's a frog...or is it? I certainly wouldn't want any warts tho.

      Delete
  2. I love this song. And I also learned something tonight from your post on the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the song too Rita!!

      Delete
  3. The song was a great one - loved the photos of kitty woman! And as for the nutcase in the article...honestly, some people are simply not to be believed! You wonder how they have managed to survive to adulthood! Where do you manage to find all of these interesting and comment-provoking articles!? I am obviously not reading the right stuff! Another enjoyable visit today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to add a link to the article I find for each trash talk. But Linda...I want you to know, I'm humming YOUR themesong right now, and probably will be most of the day.

      Delete
  4. My daughters say I am low maintenance. Don't think I will have someone sing this Pretty woman to me. LOL I like the 4th kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my daughter told me once..."Dress your age mom". Pffft....not on your life. I don't LIKE support hose.

      Delete
  5. Oh my Jumpin' Catfish you know we are all over this song...GREAT selection for featuring your lovelies! The movie and the song have always been favorites of mine.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :::snort::: I've not heard that expression "Jumpin Catfish" in eons. Made me giggle. I too love the song, AND the movie. "Welcome to Hollywood"...and then the music fades in.........gotta love it.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read the article yet but now I HAVE to go over there and take a look. You sure made me smile big this morning, Anni! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to oblige....smiling is good!!!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4/12/2012

    I nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award! http://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, a very pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and she answers to "Pretty Kitty" too...not her name, but we need to call her Pretty Kitty and she'll come running.

      Delete
  9. Well then.... The kitty is pretty. The woman? I don't see it! I'm thinking people probably don't like her attitude, and they won't like her any better when she's got gray hair and wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right on....that attitude will make more enemies than friends. And I think at this time in her life, she may not know it, but she is her own enemy.

      Delete
  10. I like the song anyway, but I love the re-word and the pretty kitties to support it! Now I'll be singing "Pretty Kitty" to our girls all day long. LOL

    As far as the self-proclaimed beauty goes...I was in a discussion with a Facebook group about these articles last week. There are two problems with her articles. First realize that you open yourself up for criticism when you tell everyone how beautiful you are. It’s human nature to tear down an ego that’s pushing everyone else out of the room. Second, don't say in the beginning of the article how you work to keep up your appearance, work out, eat right, etc... and then say you look forward to looking worse. Yeesh, she needs to just take the day off to watch a few hours of TV and have a beer and some bon-bons already! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....I am captivated by your words on the subject of my 'trash talk' this week. Well said.

      Delete
  11. First of all, I love the song choice, it is purrrfect. The kittys are so pretty looking up at you with those big green eyes. The white one in the basket reminds me of the little figurines that my Grandmother had when I was a kid. I always loved them and I wanted a cat so badly, but we lived on my Grandparents land and my Grandfather hated cats. When I got married, one of the first things my husband got me was a cat.
    As for the Trashy story, oh my, some people really are full of themselves. Gee, I have had men buy me drinks, (it is what they do at a bar, duh!), and give me flowers, but I don't go around thinking I am some kind of female Adonis.
    Glad you enjoyed my song choice this week, I have always liked that song...it has such a catchy phrase, how could you not like it!
    Happy Thursday and Thanks Again for being our host!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you betcha, I DID,........I did like that song and that phrase. One I will use from this day forward. Also, I failed to mention in my comment at your blog...I loved the expression on the last image of you.

      Delete
  12. First I want to say I like the new header and I am a few days behind and I had to catch up>
    I really like that song and now I will be humming it all day. I liked the movie also. My fav.
    I went to the video and I must say I thought I was going to see someone out of the ordinary!! I am sorry to say I was very disappointed in her. She is not very pretty,just stuck on herself big time.
    I think she needs a good dowse of reality.
    Your kitties are so cute and I really like that one of him/her coming out from under the bed.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....I'm happy to see you're still alive....long time no see. Hope you're doing well. And thanks for the compliments on the blog template.

      Delete
  13. We both really liked Roy Orbison! Really pretty kitties, too! The article about the pretty woman is kind if infuriating...whether we are pretty or not, we need to get our minds off ourselves, life is not about us, it is about helping others! I am sure she has infuriated a lot of women who are not a stunning as she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly....my mother always told me when I was a kid [and it stuck with me throughout my life] "Self-brag stinks!!" I think that says it all.

      Delete
  14. Hi Anni, Cute kitties and song.... AND--about that 'beauty' thing, I loved the comment "Beauty is only Skin Deep, but Ugly is to the bone"..... It's all about attitude--and the way we live/love/care/react/respond.... I guess that most of us don't think of ourselves as being beautiful... BUT--if we are happy with ourselves and this happiness shows to others, I guess that is what is really important. It is kinda sad to see beautiful women being abused by their men---and yet, they keep going back for more.....Guess I'm just glad I am ME.... ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was one of those abused by her man...and she kept going back from fear. Finally, with the help of the one above and her FIL...she and the boys found 'freedom'.

      Yes, Happiness is what counts....not beauty. In fact, happiness IS a FORM of beauty within.

      Delete
  15. I love cats. Now, I cannot stop singing , pretty kitty. Driving my lovebug crazy, lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this. That song fits perfectly with kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it fits perfectly. I love this meme! If only I had more time to plan I would play along. Hopefully when things get a little quieter at work and I can spend more time at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it when you have some extra time...I do know it takes a lot of work, but it's a fun challenge.

      Delete
  18. love the kitty! except now I am going to be singing that song all night long!!
    The poor beautiful woman...she needs something to do and someone to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor beautiful woman...okay, I can see your point, but "beautiful"? One out of two isn't bad.

      Delete
  19. I love that song and it purrfect for such a pretty kitty.
    I saw that article and it was funny. The comments were definitely the best part of the story.

    Anni, sorry I haven't been joining in for the past couple of weeks. Last week I was sick and this week it was volunteer work that took me away. I work with a group that is trying to reduce the number of feral and stray cats in our community. Normally we only do one spay/neuter event a month but to slow down the number of kittens this spring we have been doing two events a month. Preparing for and holding the event pretty much takes up the whole week and leaves me with no time for much of anything else. The next one is in two weeks so that will give me time to get some music together for this next week. Yours is my favorite meme so I won't miss it if at all possible.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and here I thought it was your book reviews!!! But in any case you are a BUSY woman!!! Hope you're feeling much better.

      Delete
  20. Loved the cat photos. Definitely pretty kitties.
    Laughed about the too-pretty Brit, but the video wouldn't work, so I can't give my opinion, except to say anyone who thinks she's too pretty is welcome to do something about it. As one commenter suggested, she could gain weight, slouch, and dye her hair. Poor her. Maybe makeup in unflattering colors would help, too. LOL
    Nice to be back after our travels. Enjoying TTS, as always.
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you back...you've been missed.

      Delete
  21. Hi Anni,
    Love the cat photos! They are precious!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the photos Carrie.

      Delete

.