my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




"Butt" Ugly and Boot Scootin'



Out in the country past the city limits sign
Well there's a honky-tonk near the county line
The joint starts jumpin' every night when the sun goes down

They got whiskey women music & smoke
It's where all the cowboy folk go to boot scootin' boogie

I've got a good job I work hard for my money
When it's quittin time I kick the door runnin'
I fire up my pickup truck & let the horses run

I go flyin' down that highway to that hide-a-way
Stuck out in the woods to do the boot scootin' boogie


Yeah, heel, toe, do-si-do come on baby let's go boot scootin'
Oh Cadillac, black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie

Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie

The bartender asks me says son what'll it be
I want a shot at that redhead yonder lookin' at me

The dance floors hoppin' & it's hotter than the fourth of July
I see outlaws, in-laws crooks & straights all out makin' it shake
Doin' the boot scootin' boogie

Yeah, heel, toe, do-si-do come on baby let's go boot scootin'
Oh, Cadillac, black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie

Yeah get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie

Oh-h-h, heel, toe, do-si-do come on baby let's go boot scootin'
Cadillac black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie


Yeah, get down,
turn around
go to town
boot scootin' boogie
I said get down,
turn around
go to town
boot scootin' boogie
Oh get down,
turn around
go to town ...


boot scootin' boogie


photo credits: I'm sure the 'black jack' in the song is referring to Black -Jack Daniels whiskey...but I went the route of the card game, black jack [aka 21] - horse running is from the trunk of a Mustang car...the Cadillac hood ornament [also found in a parking lot], 'boot scootin' image of cowboy boots plaster/clay planter at plant nursery, 'redhead' is a Titanic Doll [Rose] from my movie collections, and the sunset.

Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.

CONNECTING TO:





- - -



...and speaking of boot scootin' ---

I found this article online with a link from Yah00 news, and had to click on it. It was a video from OMG website. I watched only the part of the 'boots' to get a 'feeling' of what the comments were gonna be about... But in my opinion the are NOT heelless boots...I see heels!!! Okay, on with a condensed version of the article first....
    W Smith, the 11-year-old daughter of W and Jada P Smith [celebrity parents of "W"], stepped out in NYC on Thursday sporting some expensive, and unusual, heelless boots. The real question is, how does she walk in those things? (That and does a child need $700 shoes?)




White box text copyright info
along with my comment
enlarge if needed









...then the comments [today, some a bit 'serious' while others; comical]:

Jerry P posted: How cute, a kid with $700 shoes. It'd be nice to have a job right now.

Blueberry P posted: Surely she'll outgrow those silly shoes in a matter of months,,,then what? donate them to the Salvation Army?!

jaclm77 posted: I thought that was a boy

michaelb posted: I wish her parents would adopt me. I'm a well behaved 64 year old.

Steven S posted: The Gain Commercial Was More Entertaining.

Mr. Buffo posted: I would expect more out of Mr and Mrs Smith. You start letting a kid that age call the shots, they'll be bringing a baby home in no time. Instead of trying to be a trend setter, try being a role model.

Friend posted: OK who's on drugs her or her parents?

GRLKROSS posted: Why in the heck is a 11 year old wearing heels!!! This makes no sense to me!!! She's 11 years old not 31 years old!

Gunder posted: When I saw the lead in snapshot for the video, I thought for sure the title was gonna stop at 'W" Smith's crazy-looking'.

michael posted: Those are butt ugly; sorry to be so hard on butts.




And the last one...I had to get a screen shot of the entire comment [with last name and town blocked out] to show the "Thumbs Up hits". what a hoot----




The entire article with video from O M G ... here
no infringement intended

24 comments :

  1. Just heard the tornado, Are you alright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, for the concern, but we are about 300 miles or more from Dallas/Fort Worth area. No tornadoes in my town.

      Delete
  2. You always make me smile, love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's always good to smile and laugh a bit in life.

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite Brooks & Dunn song. Great post, Anni! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to know you enjoyed the song Eileen. Thanks for the compliments and have a happy Easter Weekend to you too.

      Delete
  4. Love that song! And the photos were fun...I always thought blackjack referred to the game anyway...didn't even give a thought about Jack Daniels! And that article...honestly, that just proves the staying that some people have WAY more money than they do sense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...way more money than sense...you got that right. Guess you and I are continually on the same 'wave length' in thoughts about Black Jack.

      Delete
  5. Brooks and Dunn was my favorite duo!! Love your pictures to go with this peppy song. Ronnie Dunn has a one of a kind voice.
    Brand New Man, Neon Moon and Maria stop me in my tracks. I certainly do miss them!!
    Happy Easter
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter to you two, too M&M!!

      Delete
  6. Love the song, Love Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great....guess what? I too love Texas. LOL

      Delete
  7. That was sure fun. I've heard the song but never illustrated like that! The shoes? I can hardly believe them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I guess it would be considered "illustrating" wouldn't it. Never thought of it that way before.

      Delete
  8. Those are the ugliest boots ever! $700? That's just crazy. I can't imagine paying that for boots, and especially for an 11 year old who'll only wear them for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....that's insane! I have a difficult time thinking of spending that much on groceries for a 3 month period, and food you NEED!

      Delete
  9. Love Brooks & Dunn and your pictures go oh so well with the song. The Barbie is so pretty. I used to have a collection of them too, mainly Holiday Barbies and some other specialty ones. But, a divorce, a smaller house and the financial woes of raising two kids on my own prompted my selling of them all. Barbies still bring a smile to my face! My sister in law has over 1,000 all still in the boxes.
    As for the "heelless" (I too see heels) boots, I am not surprised at all. Willow and Jayden, her brother, are performers and the children of two Big celebrities, they live VERY different lives then we NORMAL folk. Plus, they do such things to stay in the spotlight! $700 is most likely pocket change to them. I however hate spending $100 on a pair of shoes, even when my feet are hurting and I am in dire NEED of good supporting shoes.
    Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I realize it's pocket change, just still........insanity.

      1000 Barbie Dolls?!!! Oh my goodness....just where does she store them y'wonder?!!

      Delete
  10. I never heard this song. I was sorry to see when Will and Jada split up. But those shoes are just a wee bit too much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, most times I've heard it, it's been all instrumental....that may be why you've not heard of it?!! Maybe.

      Delete
  11. Oh, I enjoyed the music and the photos! What a lovely doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good to know that you liked today's themesong.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful to see...
    I have just had a lovely browes aound your blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew....I'm so happy to have you stop by and visit with me. I just left your blog, but I KNOW I'll return often. You have so much to share, and everything I've seen today is fabulous.

      Delete

.