my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Here's to feathered Friendship!!!

Today, since I have posted a small video with my Trash Talk, I'll refrain from having any background music playing for the Themesong to allow shorter loading time; no other added sounds. I'll just post lyrics along with a few photos of 'friends' in and around Corpus, then a link to the song if you choose to listen to it if you'd like....


If you're ever in a jam, here I am.
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S.
If you're so happy, you land in jail. I'm your bail.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.

When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot.

If you're ever down a well, ring my bell.
If you're ever up a tree, just phone to me.
If you ever loose your teeth when you're out to dine, borrow mine.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.

When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be great.

If they ever black you're eyes, put me wise.
If they ever cook your goose, turn me loose.
And if they ever put a bullet through your brain, Ill complain.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.

When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be it.

If you ever loose your mind, I'll be kind.
And if you ever loose your shirt, I'll be hurt.
If you're ever in a mill and get sawed in half, I won't laugh.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.

When other friendships are are up the crick, ours will still be slick.










FRIENDSHIP sung by Judy Garland
LINK: http://www.tsrocks.com/j/judy_garland_texts/friendship.html


Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.

CONNECTING TO:




- - -






In a promotion for its first production fuel-cell vehicle in Germany, Mercedes-Benz turned a B-Class hatchback invisible -- at least, from a distance, using the same idea behind the invisible car in the James Bond film "Die Another Day." See if you can see it before it sees you. The invisibility cloak had its tryout this week on the streets of Stuttgart, Germany. To make Q's idea of an invisible car real, Mercedes employed dozens of technicians and some $263,000 worth of flexible LED mats covering one side of the car. Using a camera mounted on the opposite side of the vehicle, the LEDs were programmed to reproduce the image from the camera at the right scale, blending the vehicle into the background from a few feet away. A youtube video...





And now...to the comments we go---


Lynn K9 S. posted: (invisible comment)

Get_Right posted: once you buy the car you never have to make another car payment, the repo man would never be able to find it, HA, take that Mercedes financial! :)

Bill posted: the US govt. has had this technology for years look at the trillions they have made disappear.

Bigjoe posted: Wow, cool. It's a bank robbers dream.

bob posted: It would work great at the toll booth, clap on, clap off.

MikeF posted: I took my all-black one back under the lemon law. Turned out to be lens cap was still on.

...last one for the day [you have to have watched the video to get the gist of it all...]

Dan posted: Well, I learned that German pedestrians are pretty boring.



The rest of the story...read the entire article here
no infringement intended
I just copy and paste [some misspelling corrected tho if I 'catch it']

26 comments :

  1. The technology on this is amazing. But if you have the invisibility on while you are parked and someone, say in a large truck, comes along and thinks the parking space is empty ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? But I think I have to agree with most of the comments, silly tho they are...this is not really 'kosher' to try and sell the idea. Too many flaws if you ask me...besides you can see the tires all the time.

      Delete
  2. I love that song! The car is pretty neat - quite the technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song was great...I had never read all the words before! I had heard the song, of course, I am old enough ya know! But, guess I never really listened to the words! The technology on the car is amazing - what people will do for advertising...but also what incredibly silly things people do in front of a camera! Honestly - people are the same the world over, aren't they? Great find for today, Anni! Also, I jumped in on Thursday Theme Song today too...thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I am so glad you decided to join in. You, I hope anyway, will find it a fun challenge.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness you cannot get any better than Judy Garland.
    Madi says your pictures are purrfect.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...she was a natural talent wasn't she?!!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful waterfowl going two by two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....as in 'friendship'...lol

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Incredibly beautiful picture you show - many of the birds do not live in Denmark, maybe in the Zoological Gardens.
    Exciting to come for a walk on the other side of the earth.
    Wishing you a good day.
    PS! The weather here now: sun + 8.9 degrees
    Hugs Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can make it over here...we're way down south...near the tip of Coastal Texas....so the environment is quite different than yours, to be sure.

      Delete
  7. First of all, I love the Friendly Birds, each shot is wonderful. I like how the birds co-exist. Some people could take a lesson from them!
    The car video is neat. I bet it did turn heads. And, as always, the comments are great.
    Thanks for being our host and giving this blogger's stressful life an avenue of relief.
    Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it for fun...can't help but think of 'friendship' when there are two by twos. LOL

      Delete
  8. I love your white pelican!!! The car WOULD be great for bank robbers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, just as the comments show....the first thought is 'bank robbers'.

      Delete
  9. Especially liked the words: "If you ever loose your mind, I'll be kind." My younger brother once said that if he looses his mind, just to dress him up in a pink tutu and let him roam the streets...lol

    Your water bird pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL about your kid brother. And thanks for stopping by today Becky!!! Glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  10. Love the song and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your posts, Anni! This is fun. Well done.
    I still adore your new photo.
    Very striking.
    Greetings from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MR DUCKS...MR NOT DUCKS...OSAR DUCKS...CMWINGS?...LIBMR DUCKS...CDEDBD FEET?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni, I just read your comment about getting your pets tattooed. Go with microchips instead. The tattoos can be missed. Most agencies will scan for a chip when an animal is found. All of my kitties have been chipped and the numbers registered with the local humane society and animal control. We do this during our spay/neuter events too.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oscar in the rubbish bin, 20 years ago, we "picked" a couple from New York, we draw them home for cup of tea with a japanese mum/daughter. When the New York couple went home, she sent my kids this Oscar in the bin, she made it herself. We often thought of them esp after 9/11

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photo series of our feathered friends :-)

    ReplyDelete

.