“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Fragmented stuff

ADDENDUM 8:30 a.m. on Friday....I can't leave comments when visiting right now, getting a Blogger error message...will try again later in the day.


  • I'm always reading Yahoo headlines when I log out of my email account. Mainly to read about the politicians and what shenanigans they're up to these days. LOL On the Yahoo's main home page, there is a daily question. And oftentimes, I'll vote my opinion. Even tho it makes not one bit of difference in the world. I like to see the results and see if I'm 'in' with others. This past weekend, it was all about reality shows on TV. When we did have cable TV, I didn't like this genre at all....still don't care to read about them in the entertainment sections online either. I have often wondered if the vast majority of viewers really believe this as 'true stuff'. Suffice it to say, I was glad to see the results. It would be a great day in TV history when these insipid shows no longer exist in my opinion.

  • Ahhhhhhhhhhh, this month & the slight breezes!! It's traditionally time for flying kites. This was a view from our backyard patio one afternoon when I was out reading; in my chair...heard a 'whizzin' sound, looked up and it was dipping and churning in the air!! Whoever was at the 'helm' was doing a super job keeping it up AND avoiding the power lines. When I was a kid, I needed a wide-open field with NO obstructions. Then, it was still a challenge...never could keep it up for more than a minute or two. My attempts were more or less a 'crash' course in kite flying...

  • I promise this is the last mention: My own Blogger Poll regarding watermarking my images the way I do was overwhelmingly positive. Only ONE voted that it was annoying, and I'm pretty sure who it was. "I look right past it" was the whopping majority. Thanks for giving me your input on this subject. It's much appreciated. Support like that keeps me blogging...my way.

  • Sunday....finally, March'll be no more. [2012]

  • Went driving to the islands the other day...along the causeway. Sitting mighty pretty in different spots along the power lines, Bud and I saw FIVE ospreys. FIVE!!! As usual, on the causeway, there are no safe spots to pull off and take photos; I've been known to do so tho a few instances. The traffic this time of year is always quite heavy with vehicles zipping by at 65MPH on both lanes. Which brings me to ask --have y'all noticed my new 'bumper' sticker on my sidebar? Yep, I'd rather be birding. If it weren't for housework, yard upkeep this time of year, and weather, along with most birds migrating further north...I'd be out and about with my binoculars in one hand, and the camera strapped over my neck....BIRDING!!

  • The news today stated that if the American Election were held today, Obama would win his 2nd term...I'm not sure...but thing is I KNOW I'm gonna be there at the polls come voting day in November to vote the Congress out and get some new blood....they need to GO!!!







  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea

    24 comments :

    1. Wouldn't it be lovely if these 'reality' shows did go, such a waste of time and money.
      I don't think I have ever flown a kite, must add it on to my list of things to do, besides house work!
      I'm pleased you got a positive response to your water marking, its so subtle and un-intrusive.

      Have a lovely birding weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Reality shows, your sentiments are mine. Thanks for the vote of confidence, much appreciated.

        Delete
    2. I am running right alongside you there, Anni...all the way! Are you SURE we aren't sisters? Always enjoy chatting with you first thing in the morning - have a wonderful day!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Welllllllll....we could be!!!

        Delete
    3. Enjoy your weekend my friend.

      ReplyDelete
    4. What is so real about anything on TV? They were just trying to get away with producing cheap junk that they labelled as real. ick ick ick!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, yes, yes!!! Nodding in agreement here.

        Delete
    5. I couldn't comment this morning either, but now it's working.
      I hate the reality shows like the housewife shows..., but I love Survivor and Biggest Loser. Bob doesn't like those either so I try not to drive him crazy with them!
      Have a nice weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. LOL....neither of us two like 'em at all.

        Delete
    6. According to what we are reading on some comments blogger is making a switch to the new interface either tonight or tomorrow.
      Gosh I haven't flown a kite in forever.
      Hugs Madi and Mom

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. At least this morning I can post comments...slow going tho.

        Delete
    7. Have a great weekend, and a wonderful week ahead. I've been missing for a little while, the weeks just seem to whizz away and before I know where I am it's back to work...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes!!!

        Delete
    8. Really, FIVE??? We have only seen one, but Texas and the gulf is famous for more birds than any other state. Especially at migration. We are birdwatchers!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, five....all in separate areas tho...not together in one spot. And yes, Texas is a great birding state to be sure.

        Delete
    9. I have always thought that those reality shows were the stupidest thing they have ever come up with. I refuse to watch them

      ReplyDelete
    10. I would have loved it if you COULD have captured a shot of those osprey!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, I have posted images of the osprey seen while going birding....look at my 'contents' drop down menu under "Birds"

        Delete
    11. Aw, I like reality TV. Well, Survivor and Undercover Boss. I also love The Biggest Loser because it's so inspirational!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, you're not the only one who watches it....they continue to be aired...and as far as I can tell, they have high ratings.

        Delete
    12. Unless I have an absolute favorite photo, I don't take the time to watermark it, but I don't have strong feelings about other people doing so.

      I'm not a big bird watcher, but I do enjoy the hummingbirds that visit the feeder just over my shoulder (on the living room window).

      I share your disdain for our elected officials handling of many issues and would like to see a clean house!

      Thanks for linking up! Have a great week :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You and me both....a clean house, indeed.

        Delete

    .