my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




A bird and a Bubba - Ray

Thursday, the morning started off overcast...and by the time Bud and I were ready to get ourselves in the car to go out for my annual birthday fried shrimp lunch ---it had started raining. I can't complain one iota about the weather tho; putting a damper on our plans for the day---we need the rain. The temps dropped to the low 50s, and this dove was all scrunched up to keep warm before the storm. I always get a feeling of melancholy tho, when I see a dove by itself...all alone. 'Cause I know that doves mate for life....did he lose his mate? Where was she? Too early for nesting I think ---altho they do have broods three times a year. Perhaps she was keeping the eggs warm and dry. I just hope so. I hate to think his 'wife' wasn't anywhere around any more...




connected to: CAMERA CRITTERS [linked button on BOTTOM of blog page]




WEEKEND FUNNIES



In less than two weeks, New Orleans and across the country, people will be celebrating Mardi Gras, which begins with Fat Tuesday...on the 21st of February this year. In honor of this occasion, I thought some good ol' Cajun jokes would suffice----






CAJUN MATH TEST
Boudreaux wants a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes a little math test. Here is your first question, the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9." "Without numbers?" Boudreaux says, "Dat is easy." And proceeds to draw three trees. "What's this?" the boss asks? "Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says Boudreaux . "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99." Boudreaux stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go." The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?" "Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99." The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire this Cajun, so he says, "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100." Boudreaux stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred." The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!" Boudreaux leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and says, "A little dog come along and crap by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, which makes one hundred." "So, when I start?"

BOUDREAUX GOES FISHIN'
Boudreaux been fish'n down by de bayou all day an he done run outa night crawlers. He be bout reddy to leave when he seen a snake wit a big frog in his mouf. He knowed dat dem big bass fish like frogs, so he decided to steal dat froggie. Dat snake, he be a cotton moufed water moccasin so he had to be real careful or he'd get bit. He snuk up behine de snake and grabbed him roun de haid. Dat ole snake din't lak dat one bit. He squirmed and wrapped hisself roun Boudreaux's arm try'n to get hisself free. But Boudreaux, him had a real good grip on his haid, yeh! Well, Boudreaux pried his mouf open and got de frog and puts it in his baitcan. Now, Boudreaux knows dat he cain't let go dat snake or his gonna bite him good, but he had a plan. He reach into de back pocket of his bib overhauls and pulls out a pint a moonshine likker. He pour some drops into de snakes mouf. Well, dat snake's eyeballs roll back in his haid and his body go limp. Wit dat Boudreaux toss dat snake into de bayou. Den he goes back to fishin'. A while later Boudreaux dun feel sumpin tappin' on his barefoot toe. He slowly look down and dare dat water moccasin was with two more frogs .

BUBBA AND RAY
Bubba and Ray (Red Neck mechanical engineers) were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking up. A blonde walked by and asked what they were doing. "We're supposed to find the height of the flagpole," said Bubba, "but we don't have a ladder." The blonde took a wrench from her purse, loosened a few bolts, and laid the pole down. Then she took a tape measure from her pocket, took a measurement, announced, "Eighteen feet, six inches," and walked away. Ray shook his head and laughed. "Ain't that just like a blonde? We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"




Cajun glitter art provided by www.glitter-graphics.com

22 comments :

  1. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter had a Mardi Gras theme for her 21st! I would LOVE to be at the real one! :)
    Poor little dove! Hope he finds his mate soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad little dove...nice capture. Thanks so much for my morning laughs! I read them all out loud to my hubby and we each had a good chuckle - especially the moccasin! Have a great day! Hope your shrimp lunch was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest...I'm not sure I could've read those 'cajun' words out loud without messin' it all up.

      Delete
  4. Cute dove, I hope the mate is nearby. As usual I loved the funnies. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. the blond joke was my favorite. :) although the cajun math was slick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, What a sweet little dove. Your "cajun" stories were hilarious--loved the cajun math one. Have a great weekend. Mickie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHa! Thank you for the morning jokes! I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. poor dove. he certainly looks lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Love the jokes.

    Hope the dove is just having some "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are hilarious! I will be sharing those with my dad- he will get such a kick out of them.

    Once I saw a red hawk dying and his or her mate was close by...just watching. For a few days following, I noticed the other one flying around like he/she was looking for the other one. Saddest thing EVER. The bird sanctuary people didn't get there in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I would've been bawling. Things like that triggers the water works in me; very easily.

      Delete
  11. I can hear a mourning dove outside as I type this, Anni. It's a bright, sunny day here, but viciously cold, just below 0 Fahrenheit. Boudreaux wouldn't like our temperatures one bit, but his French Canadian ancestors would have been used to it.
    Hilarious jokes. I'm going out for coffee with friends in an hour, hoping I can remember at least one of them. The snake bringing two more frogs because he wanted more moonshine cracked me up.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mrs. Dove is at a hen party, she just needs to get out with the girls once in a while. Loved your funnies. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor dove....I too hope he was just waiting for his woman because she was slow getting ready.

    OMC I, Madi, have been invited to my very first Mardi Gras paw-ty by Calle, Halle, and Sukki at jacquelinescathouse. I'm so excited.
    Mom did some research on what need to wear etc. We have our post all ready to pop up at 12:00 am on 2/21.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhh, this is gonna be loads of fun. Just don't get too rambunctious and show off your boobies now. It's not ALL about collecting those beads; y'know. LOL

      Delete
  14. Lovely dove and I'm sure the misses was just out socializing or something. :) I feel the same way when I see only one dove.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have lots of mourning doves in our yard on a daily basis and every once in a while you'll see a lone one hang around with 2 others so either the other half has died or they're having a threesome! lol

    Omigosh, those Cajun jokes were hilarious! Boudreaux is quite the math expert, isn't he! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pea.....a dove threesome! That cracks me up.

      Delete
  16. Those made me laugh Anni! Happy birthday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photo.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete

.