“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






The sky's the limit!!

I must admit, I am nearly always looking upward whenever I get a chance. The skies of Texas are mind benders most always. Altho, this summer; most days it's been cloudless and white hot by midday....kinda like we're living in the Sonoran Desert of Tucson Arizona all over again. But, really, when there ARE clouds in the heavens, they are most stunning!! And being so low in altitude here, it's like being on the top of the world...no, not height, but the amazing close-up movement and oftentimes the flow of air currents experienced down here...the clouds, oftentimes, they hang so low you feel you can almost reach up and touch them. And the coloration at sunset and sunrise just blows me away. Oh, and of all the places I've been and lived, I've never EVER seen the pressure patterns, weather-wise, carry the clouds so swiftly in all my born days. I keep saying to myself, as I sit outdoors [on a cool day] and watch the cloud patterns keeping the pace of high speed traffic, like the German's autobahn, I keep thinking of getting the camcorder and filming it just to prove my point and then sharing it here. It's like time-lapse photography you see on National Geographic Specials, but it's REALtime. Picstory Challenge: "This week I wanna see your *Sky*!" Ruby Tuesday Climbing rose to the sky. Photos [1] Don Juan Climbing Rose outside my computer room, [2] Pelicans in formation, [3] Downtown; another Bronze Sculpture "reaching for the sky", [4] sun setting over the bay...













MEME PARTICIPATION BUTTONS linked on sidebar

27 comments :

  1. it has been a very long time since i've looked into the Texas sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Annie, I have the time to look at your sky pictures and find the great birds ... so free and unencumbered, as they fly there ... but your Heather is great again, the beacon to me like great ... greetings of love the Geli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pelicans flying, their wing tips are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. Such an amazing sunset! And I those pelicans flying.

    Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting me on my blog. Today at Tina's *pic story* I see skies all over the world. Great to have a look at Texas too.
    greetings from Germany
    Christiane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your Texas sky with PicStory! :) LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful sky shots - that last one takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anni,

    your photos are quite wonderful, I find particularly the ducks in the sky first-class.

    Warmly ♥ Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birds are flying in the sky, and I really enjoy your beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos!
    I love the pelicans flying hight up in the sky!
    The last picture has a wonderful sunset over the bay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics. I love "Pelican's on patrol" photos. That last photograph is just outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have all the beautiful pictures here Anni. The pelican formation is awesome thanks of sharing!

    RT

    ReplyDelete
  13. You get to look at those gorgeous red roses every day by just looking out your window? I envy you!

    ENAMORED OF RED

    Enamored of red
    I lie in my bed,
    Dreaming of cherry-filled crèmes;

    For red is the shade,
    The prettiest made,
    That gives me the sweetest of dreams.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Red and Yellow Rooftops

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the last picture! -Great!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Anni, these photos are spectacular. I love watching the clouds too, they fascinate me. We live at 4200' and they look close here too; but not as close as what you are describing.

    A couple of weeks ago we were driving on the pass over Mt. Hood on our way to Portland. I said, oh, it's foggy ... and Cary said no, those are clouds, like looking out the window of an airplane, we are up high enough. He was right, and that was something!

    Thanks for taking us around to see your views.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a blessing it must be to live under such an exciting sky! Having never been to Texas I had a very narrow idea in my mind of what it's like. Thanks for expanding my horizons. Love the picture of the pelicans--they really are majestic birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen a Texas sky for two years! Sigh....We hope to get back there again sometime, we love the Dallas and Fort Worth area being the horse people that we are.

    Your pictures are so nice, you always have such interesting things on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your photos are quite wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I take lots of picutres of clouds too it is amamzing how fast they travel too and no telling where they have been before they were over my head.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love 2nd and last pic and yes, Rose wine in first one:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ich habe den Weg hier her gefunden....sehr schöne Fotos...mir gefällt das letzte besonders gut...
    LG: Karin

    ReplyDelete
  22. It takes only a little detail in the skies above to capture our attention. Often it is the playful interaction of a moisture laden cloud and the solar lighting behind it to make neatly styled sky art. Lovely. Although I would love to be able to send you some of the ridiculous rain we had on Sunday in the northeast - 8 inches at JFK in New York City. Feast or famine, but we all hope for more substantial rains in the Lone Star - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice shots! Love the pelicans! And the last pic is fabulous!
    Thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment;o)

    ***
    Hope you are having a nice and happy week****

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!! Love your images=) Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that photo of the red roses!! And the flight of pelicans! Kinda like the geese we see here, but different!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous pictures, Anni! It must be an amazing sight when the clouds go by so fast, I'd probably get dizzy watching them! lol From past pictures you've taken of sunsets/sunrises, I noticed that the coloration of them is so different than what we get here. It's also very rare for us here to have low clouds. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.