“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Salty Dogs and Dolphins



RUBY TUESDAY


Port Aransas, Texas
Salty Dog Saloon
Ruby Tuesday's RUBY SUNGLASSES...




PICSTORY TUESDAY

This week's theme for Picstory Tuesday is "BLUE"


As some followers and frequent blogging visitors come by, well...y'all know that I have a small collection of blown glass dolphins. Bud and I made a special shelving unit [shaped a bit like a lighthouse for the dining room's nautical themed decor] of which I posted about here at THIS LINK some time ago. A few weeks back, during the Shrimporee in Port Aransas/Aransas Pass, Texas, we decided to just walk the main street of Port A instead, and go into some of the curio shops along the way. I found a couple of glass dolphins that are quite unique. In other words, a designed glass that I didn't have yet. Well I do now. They're on a window sill, reflecting as the light of day shines through the window---







meme links for Ruby Tuesday and Picstory Tuesday on my sidebar

25 comments :

  1. beautiful blue colors!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dolphins and the glass is gorgeous, perfect for dolphins. They must make you happy to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're pretty cool! I've not seen a dolphin collection before - nead idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is wonderful.
    I like dolphins very much

    Warmly ♥ Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni hi, yes the colors are very intense for dolphins, but looks interesting ... let's greet you by Geli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blue dolphins. I hope you get them soon! Thanks for sharing with *PicStory*. Have a nice week! :) LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your glass dolphins look very nice! The color is great!
    Thats for visiting my blog!

    lg
    elke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Ruby Tuesday capture. I wonder if the inspiration for naming this place was the bluegrass song from Flatt and Scruggs, or the drink? Both are probably appropriate at this establishment. Thanks for stopping by Driller's Place. Happy RT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would like to sit down at the bar at the old Salty Dog and tip back a beer or two. ;)

    Love the blue dolphins! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so pretty! I would love to visit you and look at all your curios! You have such a fascinating collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dolphins are beautiful! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your B knows just how to make you smile with a very special Dolphin shelf.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous glass dolphins. I know your collection myst be exquisite. Think I would have added these two, too. Your shots of them are wonderful with the light on the blue glass. They are so different from one another.A gorgeous set of pictures. Genie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops...now to the red glasses in the first shot. They are great and that sign is a one of a kind. Love the name Salty Dog Saloon. Nice picture. Genie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that blue dolphins. Now what is inside that salty dog saloon? ^_^ Thanks for the visit!


    Ruby red

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful dolphins! I love them, too. As for the Salty Dog Saloon - that looks like my kind of place...and that drink is the ONLY way I'll tolerate gin...though I still prefer a vodka salty dog!

    My Ruby Tuesday is at:

    http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2011/07/ruby-tuesday-hang-gliding-finale-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very impressing. The dolphin seems to be the ocean himself. Very blue, very deep. (sorry for my Englisch :-(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool find! Happy RT.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Salty Dog.. sounds interesting! love the blue dolphin :)

    u may view mine here

    ReplyDelete
  20. The dolphins are just lovely! I love dolphins too - the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What? No bait? How dare they!

    PRAISE FOR RED

    What is there about the color red
    That makes me want to stand on my head,
    And give a loud shout or two of praise
    For crimson tints that brighten my days?


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Bits of red here and here

    ReplyDelete
  22. I bought some blown glass, but the artist hd mainly plain, not blue. He was in Australia when I saw him

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your blue collections.

    Have a great day always.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by at my blog :) Hope you have a great week ahead.. God bless! :) See you around again..

    ReplyDelete
  25. aw, the blue dolphins surely looked elegant...wished i could have one:)

    ReplyDelete

.