“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Nor-r-r-r-r-r-m!!!!!

Match photos to lyrics...that's what the meme is all about---
[I hope you have your speakers on....LOL]




Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.



You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

- - -


Full Lyrics never actually aired

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those night when you've got no lights,
The check is in the mail;
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by it's tail;
And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came...






From the theme song USA TV---Cheers!!!

HERE is the song LINK


Thursday Themesong linked button on sidebar if you'd care to join in on the fun.

16 comments :

  1. That song brings me back! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent song from a era when TV shows were just plain funny, well written with great actors.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the weather forcast this morning I thought about you...hopefully tropical Don will provide a much needed relief from the extreme heat n drought you all are having. Hope there is not too much damage from it!!!
    Cheers was one of my fave shows way back when!
    Thanks to you too for your lovely comments on my blog...seems we share the same view on a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in Victoria and Houston. I don't miss the anxiety when a depression entered the Gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hunker down and stay safe! i used to love that show btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you do get the rain and not the flooding. I love the song you chose for Thursday Themesong! Thanks for visiting today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get the rain you all so desperately need!!!! And hope it doesn't come my way!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well is that Hurricane Don that my Hurricane App notified me about becoming a Hurricane? Baton down the hatches baby and you and Bud make sure you stay safe. I've heard of doing rain dances before but this seems ridiculous to get that much rain...LOL Love your theme song HA
    It's the bomb

    ReplyDelete
  9. So there actually IS a Cheers Bar. I bet it draws people in just because of the name, especially if they were a fan of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you get some much needed rain out of this and you will be safe.
    Please do keep us informed about this.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that doesn't look good. I hope it won't bring too much damage and that you won't be cut off from "cheers" for long! (I do remember the series, we got it on TV here as well)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the warning about TS Don just a few minutes ago on the news and thought about you Anni. Maybe Don will lose a little bit of force and just bring you that much needed rain. But take care just in case.

    The songs brings back lots of memories of a really great show. That's cool that there is a Cheers nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope we get some rain from it too. Its been almost 3 weeks.
    I loved that show. You don't know if its on any of the oldies channels at present time, do you?
    I love Frasier and watch it for several hours each night. I somehow missed the episodes where Niles and Dafny were finally seeing each other. I remember you said your husband was a fan of the show.
    I hope you get only rain from the storm.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Cheers show is relatively new. They don't have reruns here yet.

    Your hurricane will give you a soaking, don't go out but head to "Cheers." and stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni, We finally got a little rain overnight, but we still need a lot more. They're calling for more overnight and I'm hoping that we get it.

    I hope that the storm heading your way is just a tropical storm. I worry when hurricanes head your way.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know there is an actual "cheers" bar, how funny! I hope you get rain, but that it's gentle on your area.

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete

.