my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Tern around and there's one...TERN around and there's two...


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS













After crossing the northern tip of North Padre Island, about a 45 minute drive from home, over low-lying marshland on Mustang Island, you'd come to Port Aransas, Texas [to us locals, Port A]. The highway ends at the large Ship Channel [the only way to get on the other side that takes you to Aransas Pass, Texas is by ferry boat]. The Channel would take you out to the Gulf of Mexico...or inland to Ingleside, Texas and then on into the Port of Corpus Christi, Texas. Port A is a winter Texan tourist area, but, with several year-'round residents. It's home to many many species of birds [year long and migrating]. The list goes on and on. Here is a check list of the hundreds of birds recorded...a pdf file. Several areas have been constructed for the bird watchers. Charlie's Pasture [which I posted about on Wednesday last], Paradise Pond, and this area where we saw the juvenile herons [all tri-colored juveniles] the other day...photos above. This birding outlet is named Leonabelle Turnbill Birding Center. This last time we visited, we were witness to the herons of course, plus American Coots, White Pelicans, Cormorants, Terns, Egrets, Black Skimmers, Ducks, Red Winged Blackbirds, and Brown Pelicans. The only other 'youngsters' we saw for the season was one tern being fed by 'mommy' along the boardwalk. [Forsters Tern]

- - -






- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES


Two Polish hunters were driving through the country to go bear hunting. They came upon a fork in the road where a sign read "BEAR LEFT" so they went home.


- - -

When Fishermen Meet:

"Hiyamac"

"Lobuddy"

"Binearlong?"

"Coplours"

"Cetchenny?"

"Goddafew"

"Kindarthay?"

"Bassencarp"

"Ennysizetoom?"

"Couplapowns"

"Hittinhard?"

"Sordalike"

"Wachoosen?"

"Gobbawurms"

"Fishanonaboddum?"

"Rydononaboddum"

"Whatchadrinkin?"

"Jugajimbeam"

"Igoddago"

"Tubad"

"Seeyaroun"

"Yeahtakideezy"

"Guluck"


[THE SPELLCHECKER WENT ABSOLUTELY BONKERS ON THIS ONE!]


32 comments :

  1. Wow, that's an incredibly deep blue on those birds! Very beautiful shade; had a dress that color when I was a youngster. Funny jokes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny funny! I could get it all except yeahtakideezy - oh, I just got it!

    The blue on those birds is amazing! Just gorgeous. Love all the pictures so much. That is an amazing array of birds you saw.

    Even spelled with the D on your Pedersons, huh?

    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a vibrant blue! Gorgeous! You should consider joining in on World Bird Wednesday with Springman! People from all over the world post their bird photos each week. I just know they'd enjoy seeing yours!

    Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni the bird photos are amazing especially the blue Heron. I believe you live in a birders paradise.

    LOL at the conversation...kinda of scary I totally understood every word. Just a few miles east of Raleigh that is the norm. They have tares on the car and they have hare salons.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  5. what handsome juvenile herons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are great. Such beautiful birds. But the fisherman conversation had me laughing out loud! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I like your photo effects. So well done. They will make lovely cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color in those herons, Anni, and juvenile birds being fed are always so cute. Laughed about the "bear left" sign, and really enjoyed the conversation between fishermen. My dad was a sport-fisherman and an outdoor writer, so I've heard conversations like this before, just with different kinds of fish. LOL
    (I'm imagining spellchecker on that — hilarious!)
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tern chick is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots of the herons. Loved the funnies... Happy Critter Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic herons! What a great colour, too :) I love terns - they always make me think of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Herons, love the colouring of that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL to the way fishermen speak!

    Those shots of yours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blue coloured bird - that must be a paradise to bird watchers :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni,

    Thanks for the chuckles and the pretty bird pictures. The sanctuary sounds like an awesome place to visit.

    Have a great weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by and visiting ... I always enjoy your comments!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, Great shots of the herons, they are beautiful. i do not see the tri-colored often so they are a treat to see. I loved the bear joke. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow impressive shots!!!!! very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Hootin'!
    The only cool birds we have here are Cardinals...and I'm a Cubs fan of course. I did see some deer this morning while out with my dogs. That was way cool.
    It just hit 93 here. We'll probably break a record today which is okay with me since I finally got my pool up and running.

    It was good to see your comment!!!
    Thanks!!!
    BTW- are you lovin' the Queen of Alaska right now :O ??

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful color of blue! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful shots of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great and funny as usual!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pictures!!! Love your FUNNIES. Have a great weekend --or what's left of it. Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Annie , I love the photos!! We have a lot of those birds here in SC. The Egrets for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Honey these pictures are just so beautiful. You have really gotten to be a great photographer.
    I have been wanting to drive to that area for a long time now but something always keeps me from going.
    These pictures make me realize how much I am missing.
    Hope your having a great weekend
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely photos! I am still thinking of your poor pup from last Saturday's post, hope he is doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni, the photos of the birds are absolutely gorgeous. I love the blue heron. Ours is back along the canal this year. When I was young we saw a lot of them along the swamps and marshes, then they almost died out, but they're making a comeback and I'm delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous birds shots Anni, I love the Blue Heron. And that gull, well he looks like he might have a bit of an attitude.

    Love the jokes, especially the last one. It sounds like some fishermen I know.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are beautiful birds. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for visiting yesterday - the blue heron is spectacularly handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow I have never seen such a beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing. Stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice pics, and nice title too.
    (And I deciphered most of that conversation.)

    ReplyDelete

.