my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Passage from Leviticus...Quote from Dickens....my opinion


click HERE to join


Top: Lantana
Bottom: Dianthus





- - -<><><>- - -


MONDAY MORSELS
    "AP - A U.S. commando's curt message to superiors signaled the end had come for the world's most wanted terrorist: "Geronimo EKIA," meaning enemy killed in action."


The United States Marine's adopted this motto and is often quoted "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out". My reasoning for beginning this thought is plain and simple....The reported killing of Osama bin Laden has now been questioned as to whether his human rights were violated because he was NOT ARMED?!!!! I say: "Gimme a break would'ya? What the heck does that mean to us Americans; and other ethnic groups occupying planes, the buildings and the streets of the crime zone on 9/11/2001?" Also I ask: "Were the people aboard flights #11, #175, #77, and #93 along with the Twin Towers being occupied in the early morning hours and those on the ground at Ground Zero, plus all that perished just trying to help others survive only to lose their lives...were THEY armed?" "Were they treated humanely by bin Laden's men?" NO!!!!
    In the Bible:
  1. Leviticus 24:17 And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death
  2. Leviticus 24:19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him
  3. Deuteronomy 19:19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you


We didn't like the fact that some people in other countries were celebrating the fact that the U S was attacked on 9/11; yet, we turn around and condemn those U S citizens who will 'celebrate' the death of Bin Laden. I personally applaud the Obama Administration and the Navy Seals for what they've done. I'm sure there will be repercussions from the act itself, but there is closure and relief that the one man behind the slaughter of 9/11 is fish food. I don't need to see photos [altho, it would do my heart good to see the gruesome sight only because of what his suicide pilots did to our nation and the bloodshed here in our turf]....this reported act against terror is good enough for me. The Sunday before yesterday, America stood up to a vile act, a villain, and found strength.

[I must believe it WAS bin Laden killed with all my heart; but fact is, I wasn't there to witness, so there may be some minute thread of doubt, yet on the other hand, the Pakistani's confirmed that it was bin Laden] But my post is not about belief, or a governmental conspiracy, it's about humane treatment that is judgmentally questioned recently and the strength of humanity getting justification from so many deaths---not to mention the fact that the militants against Americans were insanely boastful in weakening a country such as ours nearly a decade ago.

Also, in regards to the release of the photos of bin Laden....I very much agree with the fact the White House chose not to publish them for anyone...keeping them classified. Oh...and let's not fail to mention Ms. Palin's remark!!! I read where she had posted on her twitter page that we should be able to see the gruesome photos and for Obama to "quit pussyfootin' around"...the woman does not understand the consequences. Now don't get me wrong on this aspect, I, as an American, would LOVE to see the photos of the terrorist leader!!! But, and this is a BIG BUT------there are so many other thoughts and actions that weigh much more heavily. The media for one...you know them all too well. They would sensationalize the entire military coup!! Then, there is the fact that the war on terror is far from over, if ever. Releasing the photos of the dead would do more harm to the world than good. And most of all---even tho as I stated in the beginning, I would like to have seen it all, yet deep down, there are two very vulnerable girls in the White House. And for them to fully understand what their father had to command as commander in chief, the killing of a terrorist would just scar their minds forever. The adage: "It's better to be safe than sorry" holds true in this in my opinion.

President Obama stood strong, stood tall, and with working the Navy Seals and advancing on bin Laden and the actions put forth by all: "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." [to quote from Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities ---i.e., D. C. and Abbottabad] For now, with the closure of the act of terrorism on the USA back in 2001, we can have a 'better rest' knowing that an Al-Qaeda leader has been given just rewards for his act against the strongest nation in the world.


- - -

Another thought that has been going through my mind in the past few days is the uproar of bin Laden's burial at sea. Right now, and even in the past decade, I say "Who Cares"? I believe it was the best thing to do. And I do hope that the 'burial sight' will never be disclosed. How many jumped to their deaths off the top floors? I'll never get that image out of my head from watching tv in horror, on that fateful day; 9/11. In the recent past, translating bin Laden's speech, he was quoted that his 'kind' believes in an "Eye for an eye"...well, the burial at sea was more than deserved in my opinion. Besides, if he were buried on land, it'd just become a shrine of sorts; or a sight of land burial could become a rallying point for militants. We definitely would not want that. I personally believe the whole raid and killing was proper...the administration and the Navy Seals should be highly commended on their actions and secret burial.


Further reading behind the USMC motto: here
Navy Seal arm patch found with Google Search

9 comments :

  1. Excellent post - you've said it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari Thanks...I'm glad to know I haven't stepped on toes with my thoughts on the whole USA actions/killing. I hope others think it was justified and done properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop messin' around Anni and tell us what you really think....LOL

    Let me just say this: I still have trust in Obama and I am grateful for our military (although the higher ups bother me sometimes) AND I'm glad I'm neither because I couldn't handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen sister!! I totaly agree with you on all points!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vivid colour in your macros. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said Anni!!
    Every single life lost on 9/11 had his/her human rights voilated!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes! I agree with you on every point. I just can't understand the people who say he shouldn't have been killed if he was not armed. Are they serious??? My first thought were like yours, in that none of the people that he killed were armed. President Obama made a very gutsy decision and I truly believe it was the right one. They already have proof that bin Laden was planning another terrorist attack on the US. He got exactly what he deserved. As for the burial at sea, it was done in the Muslin belief that a dead person must be buried within 24 hours...he's lucky they honoured that. As for it being at sea and not in the ground, why would we want a martyred shrine to be made of such an evil man? I congratulate President Obama, the CIA and the Navy Seals for a job well done. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors of that lantana Anni.

    Happy Macro Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning shot, I like the second shot so clear and close up

    ReplyDelete

.