my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...at the Marina


[click to join]



CAMERA CRITTERS

       the MARINA in THUMBNAILS


View these images in larger form, click on the last pelican image [the one directly to your left] & it'll take you to my most recent photo blog entry of each photo above -they're worth viewing larger, trust me!! The link opens in a new window!!! [Ruddy Turnstone, and three pelicans---they were so photogenic this time. Posing for me perfectly with incredible detail!!] I'll have four more posted here next Saturday. All at the Marina downtown Corpus Christi Texas; taken last Sunday.



- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNY





Since I've been busy cleaning so much this past week [we have only three rooms left. Seven down...finished the hallway bath and hallway today, early. Spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach enjoying the 70 degree temps and sunny day!!! Anyway, I thought I'd share this household tip:

Martha's way: Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer:
* Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous china.* Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.* Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.* Clean a thermos bottle. Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka-Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).

Mary's way: Put your jewelry, vases, and thermos in the toilet. Add some Alka-Seltzer and you have solved a whole bunch of problems at once.

13 comments :

  1. If that's what Alka-Seltzer does to toilets, vsses, jewellery, etc., does that mean we will have the cleanest intestines in town???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, lucky you to enjy a day with temps in the 70's. I love your Pelican photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you imagine all the ladies Martha used to room with are still using all the tips she taught them?
    If you are stillin the cleaning mode....we have 10 here and 2.5 baths that could you use your touch.
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That's good!
    I loved the pelican pictures. You got some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures you took at the marina and I'm thinking that those birds were really enjoying posing for you! lol

    I just about spit out my water when I read Mary's way of cleaning! hehe Makes sense to me!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby's wondering why I'm laughing so loud!!!! Need to get me some Alka-Seltzer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahahaha! Mary's way sounds pretty quick! Nice one! Have a lovely week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. heee heee heeee, love the short-cut version....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this cool post.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your thumbnail pics Anni.

    Three Horses, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! The pelicans are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely photos! I wish we didn't live in such a land locked locale so I could visit a marina once in while!

    Visiting via Camera Critters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Annie,
    I like those bird thumbnails a lot. I wish you could turn them into a series of 4 stamps for the US postal service. I'd buy them in a flash.
    David/ Tropical Texana

    ReplyDelete

.