“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Preparing for the Annual Feast....


CLICK EITHER BUTTON to join

Flash Fiction 55 below my....



SHOW N TELL


For the Thanksgiving holiday this year I've done very little when it comes to decorating the interior. And you can take that literally. Everything I put out around the house, it's all in miniatures. Here is the 'small' array of items placed here and there. The BIG thing for this special day around here is the BIG amount of calorie intake. I'll have the traditional turkey, dressing and cranberry waldorf salad. Along with mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, yams with brown sugar and marshmallows, homemade biscuits, relish dish with olives, cheeses, celery and pickled peppers, cole slaw, not to leave out the best part---------pumpkin pie and REAL whipped cream!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh, it's a good day all around. While that's all cooking, we'll do our annual watching of the Dallas Cowboys [are they playing this year on Thanksgiving? I haven't checked their schedule...of course they will...right?], decorating the Christmas Tree during the game and then feasting on all the good stuff!!! The pie'll be gone in two days to be sure, but for the rest of the stuff, it'll take weeks to get it all consumed...as I freeze leftovers and make turkey stroganov and hot turkey sandwiches and turkey salad with pecans and dried cranberries on different occasions.







INDIAN MAIDEN













INDIAN BRAVE











Miniature Native Americans








A gold-dusted teddy scarecrow
And Pumpkin pie Scented Yankee Candle











Miniature Pilgrim Couple










One of two...
Turkey Salt/Pepper Shakers












- - -<><><>- - -


FLASH 55

While doing crossword puzzles, I came upon these two clues:
One across...
a three letter word for a large hard seed
Two down...
a five letter word for framework or exterior, as of a building. an outer covering on an egg, fruit.
So, for this week, that's my flash fiction fifty-five; in a nut shell!


24 comments :

  1. I like your miniatures. You decorate cute for all the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a nut shell indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday, Anni! It sounds like you're going to have quite the feast. Cute miniatures! My son who lives in Vancouver, BC, is a Dallas fan and his favourite player is Tony Romo. Alas, he won't be watching Tony but he'll be cheering for Dallas! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really understanding the blogrolling thing but then, I go thru life about half out of it. :))

    Your menu is sounding so so good. I read somewhere that you and hubby would be spending "alone time" together. Have fun and enjoy every minute.

    I love your little decorations.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Anni what beautiful miniatures....are the carved from wood or are they ceramic.

    I can imagine the lovely aromas that will be coming from your kitchen!!
    Happy Weekend,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving Day! Love your tiny miniatures, they are just perfect for the holiday...Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful ! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Thank you for taking the time to visit me and leave such a nice comment. Your little minitures are so appealing and very cute! Happy Thanksgiving.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to figure out how to maintain the weight loss during this upcoming eating season! It'll be tough.

    Our Thanksgiving Day will be pretty low key, with about 8 adults and the 4 girlies. Kev will be home, so that is exciting.

    Hope you're all better - have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni...?
    I just LOVE crossword 55's!!
    How did you know?
    Thank you so much for playing today.
    I almost E-Mailed you asking to submit one, you must have read my small mind.
    Thanks for the clever post, and please have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good...I'm going to miss the sweet potato casserole and the dressing this year as well as the turkey but that's alright...we'll have the fruit salad, green beans and rolls, pecan pie...we're having a chicken casserole for our entree...less to carry on our trip.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh.... I love the pilgrims and the turkey salt and pepper!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Obviously they didn't come from the same puzzle. I was surprised you didn't include clues for your finished mini-crossword.

    A puzzling 55, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh nice! what a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for the ignorance, but I have always wondered what on earth a Yam was??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are cute little decorations you have put out for Thanksgiving. I especially like the native girl and boy at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha. fun 55 hootin anni! i just cant figure out 43 across...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute figures, Anni. Thanks for the visit and the thoughtful comments.
    Happy Turkey Day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun 55. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is super divine,
    love your creativity here.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your menu sounds so delicious and I wish I could go join you for the day:-) One dish I've never had is the Cranberry Walford salad...I'll have to google it to see what is in it! No matter how small your Thanksgiving decor is, they're all adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohoo!! THAT is super creative!! The 55, and the image!! And I am super fan of crosswords too! Your fun post has totally inspired me to sit with one xword puzzle RIGHT NOW!!! Thank you!!! :)

    Oh... and 3 cheers to the Cowboys!!!!! Yaaayyyyy...

    ReplyDelete
  23. you make it so easy to visit back! i'd visit anyone, my friend. how sweet are all those figurines...i don't have anything specific for thanksgiving. well, i have 2 pillows that my MIL made with turkeys. that'll do!

    thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment on my harvest decorations. i truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your figurines are treasures! A lovely way to celebrate the holiday of thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete

.