“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






listen to the gentle bosa-nova....


and

click either button to join
Thunks...Answers below my "Theme Song"



Pick lyrics from any recorded song...incorporate your photos to only a few of the lyrics!! Easy Peasy!!! There are MILLIONS of songs from which to choose........


My themesong for the week is:



Don't hang around
And let your problems surround you
There are movie shows......



Maybe you know
Some little places to go to
Where they never close.... downtown



Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city



Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty


How can you lose?

Go DOWNTOWN...
Downtown, everything's waiting for you---

Song lyrics: Downtown [recorded by: Petula Clark]

Photos: Top to bottom - I thought this was appropriate...the word "Downtown" on the storefront. [An Antique store on Lawrence Street...in the heart of downtown!]
An Irish Pub...downtown.
Traffic waiting to merge, under the freeway's spaghetti underpass. And the 'music' of the traffic above us...ON the freeway, downtown
And the seawall at night...downtown.


- - -<><><>- - -

THURSDAY THUNKS


1. From whom did you get your last e-mail? I have so many email accounts, for my blog, for my personal use, for a group I belong to, my photo blog, my tube [psp] forum....I rarely check 'em all but once a week, sooner or later for some. So, I can't really say. I open 'em, reply to ones I like, and then forget or delete others....

2. What is the most recent movie that you have seen in a theater? Rarely go anymore...too costly for my need of junk food at the theater...LOL...I think it was Avatar.

3. Have you ever seen a ghost? On TV...I think it was Topper and then THE GHOST and Mrs. Muir...does that count?

4. Ever loved someone so much it made you cry? Ya...'cause I still miss the ones I love....very much. If I'm in a somber mood, I cry.

5. What are you most afraid of? I think deep deep dark abyss....water. AND snakes. It's a toss up.

6. What do you do when you are bored? Read, Blog, pull weeds in my flower gardens, walk....crochet, TV, cook and/or bake something....but, I can say I never work. LOL

7. Other than the author of this mess of a meme, who [who's] blog are you most curious to see their answers? Whoever signs the bloggy links, after I sign up.

8. Name three thing[s] from your bucket list. Fill it....watch it leak out....and then patch the leak!! [okay, so I'm being dumb-a$ again...sorry] See Europe, pilot a plane, drive in a car race again.

9. Who was the last person who complimented you on how you looked, that actually was a surprise? Someone I didn't know at the store asked me where I bought my outfit....and they liked it ---said it complimented my hair color.

10. Do you remember Berleen? Who?

11. What was the last concert that you attended where the band was much better than you imagined? Actually, it wasn't the BAND that was good...it was the singer. I will never forget the show he put on for us....nearly 2 1/2 hour's worth....Rod Stewart.

12. What’s the next band you’re either planning to see or want to? Who knows....I don't look that far ahead. Stuff like that is always spontaneous. Oh, and few and far between.

13. What were the last things do you imagine that Kimber threw off the roof? What I'd like to know is why she always throws things off the roof....I'm thinking we should all get together and throw things ON the roof....

26 comments :

  1. OMG I haven't thought of that song in like forever. What a good one. And your photos ate perfect. Especially that last one. You rock! I have piloted a plane before. Was soooo cool. Of course not by myself and we were well in the air. Great answers. Have a terrific Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni, I enjoyed my visit in the wee hours this morning. I remember Petula Clark's "Downtown." Now the words are rolling through my head. LOL

    Take care, my friend. Enjoyed getting your email and emailed you back.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your downtown shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thom When Bud and I went in this store, I realized the word 'Downtown' was on the storefront and thought of the song--photographed it and then opened all my photo albums and found the rest to fit in...otherwise I probably would never have thought of it either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Downtown is one of my all time favorite songs. It conjures up all kinds of wonderful memories. Love the choice of pics to match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good music meme for today. I like that song.

    Who is Berleen? This is going to make me nuts every time I read these questions today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Anni....I love Petula, the 60's, hot pants and bell bottoms. LOL

    Answer to question 3 have I seen a ghost...yes...the real thing. We have a legend here in NC about the Maco Light (you can google it). I've seen Mr. Baldwin looking for his head on the train tracks. My Dad and Uncle took me and my cousins to the track one summer night. We walked and walked when we turned to go back the image was behind us walking toward us with the light lantern swinging. It got so close you could see the color of our clothing...then when it got to the train trestle where he lost his head it disappeared....YEP seen a ghost.
    Thanks for the memories,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madi & Mom OMGoodness!!! That sent chills through me, just reading it...I can only imagine what it was like in real life! OMGoodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Anni!! Not doing these memes but saw your name on a Thursday 13 post and wanted to come say hello... I'm back to trying to do some blog visiting again. It's been a long long time!

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie! Love this concept and DOwntown is a fav tune of mine! Enjoyed reading your blog this morning... : ) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously- it costs a fortune to go to the movies. Who can afford it? I forward all of my emails to one account. Then every morning I get the joy of waking up to 100 or so emails. delete..delete...delete.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rod Stewart would be awesome to see in concert. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Charles Nelson Riley at his best! Thanks for stopping by my bloggy blog. Really enjoyed thunking with you this Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for letting me know about the crazy thing I put in my recipe! yes - it was supposed to be cream chees and I fixed it. What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I heard that song when I was a kid. I love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll see you in Europe, H.A.

    Also, you are cordially invited to check out my very first meme: The Agency

    ReplyDelete
  17. Drive in a race car....AGAIN??? I'm sensing a story here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ace My brother and I used to race cars in a small town near the Interstate Hwy in Colorado....Loved the thrill of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do meme's and read blogs whenever I get bored :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the new look. You always come up with some great looks.
    I really liked the way you put lyrics and photos together.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2010/09/thursday-theme-song-moms-best_08.html

    WE have a Downtown here, and there theme song was this, in all their advertisements and when you walk inside the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Of course Topper & the Ghost & Mrs. Muir count! Although I bet a lot of our fellow bloggers would say, "What were they?" Great job, as always. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness Anni, we were thinking the same thing yesterday. I almost picked Downtown for my music this week but changed my mind at the last minute. I love your photo choices.

    No ghosts for me either unless you count the strange white shape that was on one of the trail cam photos I downloaded this morning. The trail cam is in our backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always love your answers to these things. I'm going to do this one. And I am also loving these songs in pictures.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh that would be fun... we could steal a bunch of t-shirt cannons from sports teams, and fire stuff at her!!!

    ReplyDelete

.