my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...where the buffalo roam




Click either button to Join




This circular fountain is located in the cultural center hub of the city. At night the water is lighted. It's all in an open area, yet walking around and through the entire section, it's beautifully shaded with palms and those wonderful, 'weeping' mesquite trees!! The building to the right, with the 'pyramid' roofing, is the Art Museum. [to the left and unseen would be the Science and History Museum] Behind the bronze 'framed' buffalo statue in the background is the area of across the Port Channel with the Texas Aquarium. In front of the fountain [also unseen] would be the Selena Auditorium and the Sports Center complex. From the complex and across the section of land is the Harbor Playhouse...obviously for attending live performances of musicals, etc. And behind that, across the street is the Ballet Center. The Corpus Christi large baseball complex for the Houston Astros' farm team is only blocks away. The outdoor amphitheater is nearby. Oh, and beyond the art museum to the southeast, is the Gulf of Mexico and the beautiful seawall walkway.

The fountain you see here is 'fed' by a trickling brook along the walkway to the museum. There are many bronze sculptures along this entire area...in all forms of art, including some abstract. Someday, when I think of it, I will photograph 'em all. The bold text above, regarding the framed buffalo is linked to one of my blog posts showing more detail, and close-up photos of the statue...

36 comments :

  1. gorgeous! what happened to your header?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daft My header? I can see it...and you can't? Must be taking it's own sweet time loading for you is all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the other pictures and enjoyed them. What a pretty area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water must be more beautiful at night! What a lovely place to hang around. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful fountain. I lived in north Texas from 1977 to 2002, but don't know what a weeping mesquite tree is. Mesquite trees, yes, but weeping? Nope. Up here in middle of nowhere Illinois we have weeping cherry, so I know what weeping looks like. Perhaps a closeup sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  7. BJ Notice I put weeping in quote marks...they're not called weeping per sé----they look to be weeping tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love the buffalo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting information, as my daughter and her family will be moving to the Gulf Coast of Texas. Gives me some ideas for future sightseeing!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoyed it and will come back often!
    I am looking forward to following you and seeing what's next!
    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot...I would love to see it at night. Btw...looks like your ready for Autumn with you new header. Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the night time lights on fountains.
    My WW link for you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Houston who??

    You're a Hoot Anni!

    Have a great Wednesday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/the-lion-who-turned-into-a-dog/

    ReplyDelete
  13. must be really beautiful at night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice idea;-) I love the painting of the hedgehogs at the top of your blog- so cute!! have a nice week;-) marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. the fountains comes in many shapes. This is unusual I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to see it at night!

    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/08/abc-wednesday-f-is-for-wordless.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a pretty neat entry hootin' annie. hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love fountains. Also really like your quote on theology! Clever and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shots and it must be gorgeous at night all lighted up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a gorgeous picture. Would love to see it at night!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anni,
    Beautiful area - I've never been to Texas but my son-in-law is from Amirillo and his parents have invited me to come out to see them! I might just do that to be able to see some of the beauty that is in your state!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  22. I focused on the bubbling water in front that it took me awhile to realize the white "statues" were also bubbling water. I like the juxtaposition of rounded and sharp shapes in your photo.

    You have a cute banner up there!
    Su-sieee! Mac
    This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous fountain, and a great picture! I love getting a glimpse into other cities...

    I, too am a senior citizen, married for forty-two years. We rock, don't we!?!

    Thanks for stopping by my place..
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful capture, love the buffalo statue. The circular fountain is cool, loks like a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely shot! we have similar bios! except I am stuck in winter UNwonderland, LOL (to me)!
    I love the info you provide too, as finding & reading blogs is my economical way to see the world & travel! thanks for stopping, playing & next time be sure to leave your link in the Mr. Linky spot, you may get more visitors that way! Faythe @GrammyMousetails

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is so pretty. I think fountains make places so special.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a beautiful fountain. You captured it wonderfully. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anni, it sounds like a picturesque place. I love the sound of water and took lots of photos of the streams at Disney World the last time we were there.

    Missing you. Life is hectic here. Guess I will post a little blurb at my Writing Nook.

    BTW, I love your new banner. Absolutely delightful.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow, this looks like a wonderful place to explore. I really like the fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  30. hi anni! thanks for dropping by my blog. beautiful photo! must be nice to hang around the place. keep taking those pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks almost like some kind of memorial fountain. Nice photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love fountains.....great shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for visiting my photoblog! Unusual fountain I think ... never the less a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love fountains. They are so calming and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete

.