“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Elusive...




My 6 words:

REMEMBER: Count not months, but moments!!


- - -<><><>- - -


CAMERA CRITTERS

While outdoors, relaxing and reading in the shade of a tree...surrounded by fern, a butterfly decided to divert my attention as he flitted around in the dappled sunlight...I grabbed my cellphone---






I played with the images a bit...first making them greyscale, then bringing back the colored image and pasting it in the black and white.



- - -<><><>- - -



WEEKEND FUNNIES



Caption says: So, you're going through the change, dear, don't panic, how bad can it be?






* NOTE:
COMIC STRIP USED WITH PERMISSION according to this written agreement . In part:

Use by a private individual, not for commercial gain, at one URL for a period of up to 1 year, where that URL is part of a blog, a personal page on a social networking website or a posting on a web forum. A blog is defined as a regularly updated weblog, updated at least weekly and presented in a "diary" format sorted by date. It may be hosted on the user's own web server, or through a third party blogging service such as Blogger.com.
CREDIT REQUIRED: YES
LICENSE FEE: XXXX [NONE]

Copyright in this image is owned by the original artist, rights to reproduce or use the image may be obtained from www.CartoonStock.com.

38 comments :

  1. Your six words are so true :) Love the butterfly. Such detail in those photos :) I cracked up at your Joke. LOL Let's hear it for the change. Have a great weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you processed those butterfly pics. Good comic today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again!

    Hope you’re having a good Six Word Saturday,

    LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative post Anni, and to think you took these lovely photos with your cell phone. Love what you did with them and thanks for the cartoon.
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures! What a catch. Your camera can do amazing things! Was it cool in the shade??

    Love the comic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn LOL...well, it was for ME -mid 70s...but probably not for you being in Colorado and all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos, I love it when a butterfly surprises me and I can watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful distraction. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The way you described how wonderful it was that you were outside under a shade of a tree seemed to be inviting. lol. It must be cool under it. That is a beautiful shot you got in your celphone, I like butterflies.

    My 1st time to join Camera critters. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You take great pics (especially the third one)! I can't believe it's from a cell phone! ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a new follower from Spotlight Saturday.
    Come see me,
    www.andrialake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterfly shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics. Anni, I've never yet used my cell phone for photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the butterfly! My critters are here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liked the butterfly pictures...glad you noticed and took the time to enjoy...and then share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely DO try to count the moments not the months. Right now, it's a little hard to do since I want school to be OVER! LOL

    Love the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great captures of that sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chuckle! I love this header.

    Have a lovely PS summer weekend ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great butterfly pics! I love them!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots, mine is a butterfly this week too:) I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  22. http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/08/55-flash-friday-55-is-written-by.html

    an award...
    have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty butterfly, and I agree with your 6WS! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful butterfly
    I love the shot where the wings are wide open

    ReplyDelete
  26. You took those photos with a cell phone??? Wow, I'm impressed!

    I love the cartoon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello! I am a new follower from The Nutritionist Reviews and Giveaways. I look forward to reading more of your posts! Please follow me back at: http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes, AA, we make those teacup lamps, chandeliers, etc. They are such fun.

    TY for popping by.

    Have a wonderful PS summer weekend ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a pretty butterfly.Great photos. And I love your six words.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice work using the cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  31. you did well on the butterfly photo. loved the cartoon. I've been going througg the chane for a million years. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely butterfly, Anni. What is it called?

    Wish I could change like that...

    ReplyDelete
  33. My 6 for you: "Beautiful words for a soulful life..."

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm in love with butterflies. They work so hard to get out for such a little while.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love what you did with those photos! Lucky girl in the cartoon, got to be a butterfly. Most of us change into ogres or something : )

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love what you did with the Butterfly photos.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.