my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



"....frankly Scarlet, I don't give a da"


and





I slept late this morning and that makes me 'late' getting my Saturday post published. Let's see...Saturday....that's Weekend Funnies, 6 Word Saturday, and Camera Critters memes. As always I'll try and make a theme of all three...all rolled into one.

6 Word Saturday:

Hot town, summer in the city!


- - -<><><>- - -


CAMERA CRITTERS:







"No sea breeze I gotta get away from the protective dunes....oooo-o-o-o-o, owie, owie, owie! Sand's hot! Get me to the water, quick!!" A lone seagull rushing, dancing, along the sifting sands toward the water and perhaps finding a snack along the way. I just love the way his head is tilted, watching something of interest, blowing in the wind.












- - -<><><>- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES


"Funnies" are not always comic strips or a funny photo...it's also slap stick comedy or maybe a sitcom or perhaps a clip from a variety show...even bloopers that are shown at times. Today, I took it upon me to go out to You Tube and find something having to do with hot breezes and wind...As with the sea breezes on a hot summer day...it's all GONE with the Wind Parody!! Starring Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Harvey Korman and Vicki Lawrence....








POSTED: Saturday, June 12th, 2010
8 A.M.

22 comments :

  1. Oh, I used to love that song "Summer in the City"...and The Carol Burnet Show. Thanks For The Memories..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    I saw Vicki on a children's how on the Disney Channel recently...couldn't think of her name but knew who she was...She looks much the same.

    Now, I'll be singing that song until another pops into my head...It was extremely hot here yesterday, also. Summer has arrived.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. My six for you: So much fun - so little time!

    Wishing you a Happy Six Word Saturday!

    LOLA:)

    PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can join me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, hot there, too, is it! Today it's only supposed to be in the 90˚F's in North Texas...very muggy, but no rain in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~l♥ve your six words...i'll be singing that all day today! also you new design is wonderful...did you draw it? warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool off, have some true fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all , hope it cools down soon !!

    Happy 6WS
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new look Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool critter shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hot in our Town, but it keeps raining!
    It doesn't feel like summer to me yet.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe, I love the camera critters shot and text :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't thought about Carol Burnett in years! So great!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute post of the gull, Anni! I wonder if they can really feel the heat of the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice clean seagull, wish they were all nice and clean along with the pelicans etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your new header. This video cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. white sand with white bird, perfect!

    Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post, love the shot of the seagull:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanx so much for posting this, It was wonderful to see this again

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the gull picture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOOHOOOO!
    She is such a great legend..you are right, funnies come in various ways and thank you for giving us this video!
    I love it.
    I love your new layout, ESPECIALLY your drawings in your header! you are truly multi talented, my lady!
    have you a great week.
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omigosh, I remember seeing that skit when it first aired on the Carol Burnett Show and it's as funny now as it was then! One of the best skits she and her crew ever did!!! When she comes down with the curtains as a dress...brilliantly hilarious:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. GREAT ANSWERS I HAVE FAMILY IN TEXAS. WE LIVE IN GA AND TODAY IS 96. STAYING INDOORS. HAVE A GOOD DAY. ROSE

    ReplyDelete

.