“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






It's all in the game....

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
[an excerpt from the poem, Solitude, by Ella W. Wilcox]




Click button to Join



THURSDAY 13


Paul Edward Lynde (June 13, 1926 – January 10, 1982) was an American comedian and actor. A noted character actor, Lynde was well known for his roles as Uncle Arthur on Bewitched and Harry McAfee, the befuddled father in Bye Bye Birdie. He was also the regular "center square" guest on the game show, Hollywood Squares, from 1968 to 1981. Lynde was gay. His partner was Bing Davidson. Read more...





Well, here is my list today. Thirteen Questions and Answers from the game show Hollywood Squares.....

1] Peter Marshall: In "The Wizard Of Oz", the Tin Man wanted a heart, and the Lion wanted courage. What did the Straw Man want?
Paul Lynde: He wanted the Tin Man to notice him.


2] Peter Marshall: What's the one thing you should never do in bed?
Paul Lynde: Point and laugh!


3] Peter Marshall: In the Shakespearean play "King Lear", King Lear had three of them - Goneril, Cordelia, and Regan? Who were they?
Paul Lynde: King Lear had Goneril?

4] Peter Marshall: According to the IRS, out of every 10 Americans audited, how many end up paying more taxes?
Paul Lynde: 11.

5] Peter Marshall: Say Paul, what is the official currency of Puerto Rico?
Paul Lynde: Food Stamps.

6] Peter Marshall: According to the World Book, is it okay to freeze your persimmons?
Paul Lynde: No. You should dress warmly.

7] Peter Marshall: Eddie Fisher recently said, "I am sorry. I am sorry for them both." Who was he referring to?
Paul Lynde: His fans.

8] Peter Marshall: What are "dual-purpose cattle" good for that other cattle aren't?
Paul Lynde: They give milk... and cookies, but I don't recommend the cookies.

9] Peter Marshall: At a recent hearing, opponents of flourinated water argued that too much flourine in a person's system can cause an uncontrolable desire for sex.
Paul Lynde: [excitedly] HEY, CULLIGAN MAN!

10] Peter Marshall: Paul, everyone knows the first verse.
[singing] What shall we do with the drunken sailor? / What shall we do with the drunken sailor? / What shall we do with the drunken sailor? / Early in the morning? But what is the first line of the next verse?
Paul Lynde: [singing] Put him in bed with Elizabeth Taylor / Put him in bed with Elizabeth Taylor / Put him in bed with Elizabeth Taylor / Early in the morning

11] Peter Marshall: True or false, Paul Revere had 16 children?
Paul Lynde: From *one* midnight ride?

12] Peter Marshall: True or false, every day, about 10 million American women take the pill.
Paul Lynde: And I could name 'em all!

13] Peter Marshall: Paul, any good sailor knows that when a man falls off a ship you yell 'Man overboard!' What should you shout if a woman falls overboard?
Paul Lynde: Full speed ahead!

26 comments :

  1. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great start for the day, thanks for a fun post (again!)
    Happy Thursday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember him so well and Peter would get so tickled at him. I wonder if he made up his answers or were they fed to him on a monitor.
    How are you doing this week? Is it hot there?
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this TV show and Paul Lynde's humour.Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny!

    Couldn't stop laughing about the dual-purpose cattle... I grew up on a farm!

    What a hoot! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adored "Hollywood Squares"! Thank you for the walk down memory lane. I might use my TV for more than a DVD player if we had shows like this, still.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Didn't you just love his mannerisms? The guy was a hoot no matter what he said. Thanks for the blast from the past. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL LOve #2. :) Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Your 13 was hilarious, I needed a good laugh. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are cute, love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am rolling around laughing. I so loved Paul Lynde!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, what a hoot! Although he could be a little nicer on #13, but what can one expect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good post. I miss him. I was fan of Bewitched and Hollywood Squares.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I howled over these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where the heck did you find those things?
    We once say Paul at a Brown's chicken.

    No thunks?
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your new header and the whole look of your site. You are so creative! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great list! I can't stop giggling. I remember watching this as a kid and not getting it then watching the reruns as an adult and laughing till my sides hurt. ~ Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  18. He was also the voice of the rat in Charlotte's Web. He was such a funny man!

    ReplyDelete
  19. :::wipes eyes:::

    Those were great! I remember watching Hollywood Squares when he was on ... he was such a hoot. Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved Paul Lynde, but #5 wouldn't go over very well today, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very creative T13! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list. You brought back tons of memories of watching Hollywood Squares with my grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  23. after an aching working sunday - this was so needed and it is highly welcomed :D

    Click here for my T-13

    ReplyDelete
  24. ROFL...love your Thursday Thirteen! Classic!

    My post: Turkeys, Brats and Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

.