my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Friday the 13th falls on THURSDAY this month


Click either button to Join



THURSDAY THIRTEEN

Ironic that today IS the thirteenth, don't you think? The other day I was sitting in front of the TV when a commercial for sleeping aid came on. And the list of warnings were stipulated and of course it made me laugh "This may cause drowsiness". Y'think?

So I started reading labels of other nonsensical warnings. Of course the reasoning behind this all is the stupidity of people in general, and the cautionary measures large companies have to take to insure them from law suits by those that are money hungry. Remember the lady that WON a case against McDonalds after she spilled the hot coffee on her lap? Well, now McD's has a printed caution on their styrofoam cups that the liquid is hot!!!


1] My favorite - a shoplifter's dream: On a bag of Chips "No purchase necessary. Details inside".

2] Is there any other way: On a bar of hand soap "Directions-Use like regular soap".

3] At a pharmacy, with children's cough syrup the label reads: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication".

4] I know this one from season to season for holiday lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only".

5] On the back of the peanut jar: "Warning, contains nuts".

6] At the party store along with the Superman costume it reads: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly".

7] On a curling iron for hair: "For external use only".

8] At Home Depot, on an electric drill: "Warning, not to be used as a Dental Drill".

9] On a cardboard sunshield: "Do not drive with shield in place".

10] On a container with pepper spray: "May cause eye irritation".

11] Inside the booklet for operating a microwave: "Not safe for pets".

12] Again, at the party store, with a package of Silly Putty: "Do not use as earplugs".

13] Another favorite of mine - on a box of rat poison: "Warning: has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice".



- - -<><><>- - -


THURSDAY THUNKS

Are you a Facebooker? Are you addicted to those stupid games that suck a person in at the drop of a hat? Would you care to share your Facebook identification link so that we may all stalk you be your friend? I DO HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, BUT NEVER USE IT ONLY TO VIEW PHOTOS OF THE GRANDSONS SHARED BY IRENE. RARELY DO I EVEN GO THERE UNLESS IRENE EMAILS ME ABOUT 'EM.

If you had to be magically transformed into an animal that you loathe, which one would it be? And don't give me those "none" answers...ONE I LOATHE? THAT'D BE NO FUN AT ALL...I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO BE A CAT IN MY OTHER LIFE---LET'S SEE ONE I LOATHE...AN OGRE...A GREEN MONSTER....I COULD THEN MAKE MEGA-MILLIONS WITH THE NEXT INSTALLMENT FOR MOVIES. YA, I LOATHE OGRES. ACTUALLY MIKE MEYERS...BUT WHO'S REALLY READING MY ANSWER ANYWHOO.

What is the strangest thing you have said to:

* get a job? NOT STRANGE REALLY, BUT FIBBING...I SAID I WORKED FOR MY BROTHER WHO WAS SENIOR AGENT AT GAC. THAT WAS BACK WHEN I WAS A JR. IN HIGH SCHOOL. BY THE WAY, I GOT THE JOB 'CASUE MY BROTHER SAID I WAS A GOOD WORKER FOR HIM. [chamber of commerce]
* get a date? I WAS THE ONE ASKED NOT THE ASKEE.

What cartoon character do you find the most sexiest? LOL...PEPE LE PEW. 'CAUSE HE BLEW ME AWAY WITH HIS SEXY VOICE AND FRENCH.

When dog food is new with improved tasting, who tests it? LABRADOR....LAB DOGS?

What does OK actually mean? SHORT FOR OKIE DOKIE

If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth? NO...THERE ARE MINERAL RIGHTS AND WATER RIGHTS AND RIGHTS OF RIGHTS. YOU MUST LEARN TO READ THE small print on your deed.

When you were in high school and were sitting in math class... when the day came to learn about 3.14, did you get hungry? ACTUALLY NO...I LOVED MATH AND SCIENCE...I COULD SKIP LUNCH DURING MATH AND EVEN FORGO ON THE PI.

Have you ever been on the radio? YES many times...Once, I actually WON A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND IN ANAHEIM BY ANSWERING THE CORRECT QUESTION..."We polled NFL players and asked 'em which lady from TV would you like as your mother?" I ANSWERED: MARGE SIMPSON.

Beans, beans the magical fruit The more you eat, the more you toot The more you toot, the better you feel So let's have beans at every meal! Why do people say that when beans are vegetables? IN ALL TECHNICALITY THEY'RE NOT...THEY'RE LEGUMES, WHICH ARE THE 'FRUIT' OF THE PLANT. See? I told you I'm a whiz in math and science!!

What about tv? And I don't mean physically on top of the tv either, you silly people. Same goes for the radio question. AGAIN, YES I'VE BEEN 'ON' TV. Made for TV movie on Lifetime Network.

Do you think Adam & Eve had belly buttons? DUNNO...BUT I DO KNOW THAT THE TRAIT OF ADAM CHOKING ON THE APPLE HAS BEEN HANDED DOWN TO THE MEN STILL....you've heard of the Adam's Apple, right?

If you were going to own a liquor store or a bar, what would you name it? ROOTIN' TOOTIN HOOTIN'S TAVERN.

How about you own a grocery store - what's it's name? IT'D BE A NEIGHBORHOOD STORE...how 'bout...THE JUNCTION. It's on the corner of Grand and Petticoat streets.

If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life and no other, what would it be? And yes, it's going to be in series form so you don't actually have to watch the same episode over and over. SIMPLE....gimme an 'N...a C...an I and an S! NCIS ROCKS.

What was the name of your 3rd grade teacher? HA...YOU THOUGHT I'D FORGET HER DIDN'T YOU....WELL, I DIDN'T. MRS. GREEN. SHE WAS A CRANKY OL' LADY OF ABOUT 60. Hmmmm, guess that makes me a cranky ol' lady now, right?

Do you know how to parallel park? YES...ON AN EMPTY STREET!!!!

What kinds of cereal do you have in your home right at this very moment? APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL [microwavable], KASHI CINNAMON and KASHI BLUEBERRY

If you were to have a garage sale tomorrow, what is the first item you own that you would say "I'm selling THAT!"? CLOTHES PROBABLY.




- - -<><><>- - -

I must apologize for not visiting anyone at their blogs yesterday. Very busy we were. Where we had the tree cut out of our front yard, we finally decided agreed on building circular flower beds. I say 'beds' 'cause we did the 1st one to cover all the remaining sawdust/tree roots from last year...Bud had to dig out all the sod first...then we laid plastic on the soil. After that, we got all the stone around in a medium circle and then added top soil. When that was finished, we added an 'inner circle' of more stone [picture a 'fountain'] inside the larger circle; with more stone and more top soil. Then, planted annuals [Dusty Miller and pink impatiens] in the larger circle, and the inner circle a Red Bougainvillea. After we completed that one, we made an identical circular flowerbed on the OTHER SIDE of the front lawn to match. Now, two flower beds, one on each side of the front sidewalk going up to the front porch. Lots of work...and very hot and humid too!! Took us hours. We finally quit about 4 in the afternoon, by then, all I wanted was a shower and stretch out. That, I did.



POSTED: Thursday, May 13th, 2010
12:10 A.M.

23 comments :

  1. Love all your 13. It's hard to pick a favorite. Was Uncle Joe tending the grocery store or was he moving kinda slow? LOL I even got exhausted reading about the flower garden but it's beautiful. Have a great Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've won by answering radio questions before, but never anything that big. Wow, you were on a Lifetime movie. Lifetime movies are some of the best.
    Happy Thursday Thunks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a curling iron for hair: "For external use only".

    I really, REALLY don't want to know....

    Those were great warnings! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Anni, for the very kind words about my latest post. It was an amazing week-end and I was emotionally and physically exhausted on Monday. Worth every moment!

    Yep, those warnings are so ridiculous - makes me think they think we're really stupid. I guess we are, as a nation, which is why they have to do it!

    NCIS - have become so addicted it is ridiculous. Only discovered it this year. I love every character and the writing is so good.

    Good work on your yard! I posted snow pics on the old FB yesterday - what a nutso spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who's reading this anyhoo? I am for one. You ALWAYS crack me up! I misread and thought you said, "I LOATHE ORGIES". I hought, "What a prude." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marge rocks! I do a great Marge :)
    Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're bar sounds fun. What time does it open?

    I forgot all about Pepe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those warnings! The sad thing is that there are people who actually need them. Nice flowerbed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #6 is probably necessary for some little ones.
    #7 made me think about where you might use a curling iron internally.

    Your first Thursday Thunk is why I have a facebook account. It is the only way I see photos or read about the lives of my Texas grands.
    Flower bed looks good. Great color combination.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great thunks!!

    Love the warnings! I live in NJ - state motto should be "better living through chemistry" so I really don't worry about cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blessings and love to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, I'd love to hear what the patrons call your tavern after they've been at it a while!

    About the Thursday 13...what gets me is that if they have that warning on the package, you know that means someone, somewhere has done it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flower bed looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats what I thought O.K was then I wondered why it wasnt O.D.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Damn - I wanted to go see my sister and was going to buy a Superman suit to get there. Now what will I do?

    Most sexiest? huh? Grammar sure has hit the fan these days!

    I always like the spray cans that tell you to remove the lid. Duh

    ReplyDelete
  16. #4 *giggle* Do not hang in doorways, or any other in-between place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your gardens are darling! We've done this, too, when a tree is lost.

    Some of these commercials & the things they advertise are absolutely hysterical ... like NO DUH! rocket scientist!

    Have a lovely weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni,

    I certainly enjoyed my visit to your blog today. Lots of fun answers to the memes.

    The new flower bed is gorgeous. How about a photo showing both of the matching beds? I like the pink with the dusty millers. Maybe I can talk Brandon into using some dusty millers in our beds this year.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I forgot about Pepe Le Pew! Very Sexy voice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Thursday Thirteen had me laughing out loud! Great post... I really needed those laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those warnings you have. Some of them are pretty funny, my husband and I have a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  22. the warning on the peanut jar :D

    lovely

    Sexy is never Vulgar

    ReplyDelete
  23. You made me laugh out loud at several of these! #6 is on our son's Batman mask, too.
    Great T13!
    Have a Happy Day! My T13 is at this link:
    http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com/2010/05/its-strawberry-time-enjoy-season.html

    ReplyDelete

.