my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Don't know why...there's no sun up in the sky..."


Click button to Join
SCROLL DOWN BELOW PHOTOS


STORMY WEATHER...as I posted yesterday morning, Texas had some pretty rough weather....

While we were out early, walking the beach, the clouds rolled in. And I do mean they rolled in fast. It was partly overcast when we left home, and as we began our walk, by the time we walked only about 1/2 mile or so, the sky soon became very black. The winds picked up...just a spraying here and there of sprinkles from the clouds, but Bud said "We best turn around and head back to the car." On the island there was a 'beach to bay' marathon going on along the highway. The road was down to just one lane with all the other lanes cordoned off for the runners. Well, we headed back home. Heading off the island and getting near the causeway back to the mainland, it was pitch black...like nighttime and all the city lights were on looking through the heavy clouds to the east, northeast. The rains came down heavily by the time we entered the freeway. I was loving it!!! Bud, of course, wanted to be safe at home. LOL I do love watching storms myself. The intensity of mother nature is just awesome. I know she can reek havoc in so many ways, but it just the uncontrollable circumstances that she creates that we humans cannot bridle. As I posted a short note yesterday about shutting things down and getting them unplugged, I did finally get a chance around 2 pm to get the chip out of the cellphone and upload the photos from there to the computer. The storm brought a lot of rain here...but nothing like up farther north of Corpus. Victoria Texas about 70 miles from us, between here and Houston, got 8 inches!!! I hear San Antonio had flooded streets...measuring nearly a foot of water in some areas. So, I guess we lucked out. But, we NEEDED the rains. Now, on with the pictures [keep in mind the 2nd one on the top row...the one on the right is looking OVER the dunes away from the gulf...under that cloud bank is the city of Corpus Christi, the rest of them are looking over the sea]....







- - -<><><>- - -


Cheers to all of us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: The Speed Dating Meme, Part 2

26. Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yes...and stung by a whole lotta other nasty creatures too. I know when I've been conned.

27. What's the sickest you've ever been? Sick...as in ill? LOL...okay, I'm being my regular 'smart a$$', huh? Well, I had to be hospitalized each winter 'til I was six, with pneumonia. Then, I and my mom and brother almost died with natural gas poisoning. Is that sick enough?

28. What's your favorite form of exercise? Remote control lifts. Quite heavy y'know.

29. What's your favorite Cyndi Lauper song? I only know one...Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. You mean she has more songs than that one?

30. What did you do for your 13th birthday? Ask me what I did for my LAST birthday...I don't know THAT either. 13th birthday...Pfft!!!

31. Are you afraid of heights? In Ms. P's quotable quote here..."You betcha"!

32. Have you ever taken dance lessons? No, I've got natural rhythm...just play me a tune. Yes, I've been dancing on tables a couple of times too in my day.

33. What's your favorite newspaper? The kind that line a bird cage?

34. What's your favorite Broadway / West End musical? Chicago!!! Hands down. If I ever get to see Wicked, it'll probably be THAT one.

35. What's the most memorable class you've ever taken? Jr. High...Biology!! Sexy Mr. Webb. AND we went on field trips. The whole class together, now, don't get the wrong impression. I NEVER danced on the table for HIM!!

36. What's your favorite knock-knock joke? Darned if I know.

37. What's your least favorite commercial? Anything that has to do with drugs!!! Just say NO to drugs and drug commercials is my motto.

38. If you could go to Disney World with any celebrity alive today, who would it be? Need you ask? Why, Mr. Depp of course.

39. Do you prefer baths or showers? Showers...rain showers, baby showers, wedding showers, you name it...a shower is much more fun.

40. What's your favourite newspaper comic strip? It's a toss up between Mother Goose and Grimm OR Pickles.

41. What's your favorite breakfast food? Just orange juice for me. I'd prefer to eat a large bacon and egg with toast type meal at the evening meal.

42. Who's your favarite game show host? Ewwwwww. Don't like any of 'em. Maybe Groucho Marx. HE'D know that favorite is spelled wrong.

43. If you could have a super power, what would it be? Samantha's powers from Bewitched. Or ya...most importantly I wish I could be a palm reader like S. P. from Alaska!!! I By the way, dear Sarah, I can see Mexico from my house!!! :::snort::: {{{raspberry}}}

44. Do you like guacamole? Love it!!!

45. Have you ever been in a food fight? Of course...got detention once for instigating the whole shebang too.

46. Name five songs to which you know all the lyrics. I can name that tune in one note!!! I can sing lyrics to most any song from the 1960s and back.

47. What's your favorite infomercial? Never watched one.

48. What's the longest you've ever waited in line? Probably the time I went to Obama's campaign speech here a couple years ago. The speech was scheduled for 2pm...Bud and I got there to get in line at 10 am.

49. What's on the cover of your address book or day planner? Don't have either...I'm retired so there's no need for a 'day planner', and my address book is my computer.

50. Have you ever taken a picture in one of those little booths? Yep, I think so. Depends on what booth thingie you mean tho [even a restaurant booth!].






POSTED: Saturday, May 15th, 2010
10:00 P.M.

18 comments :

  1. Those are just amazing photos. I just love watching when that kind of thing happens. I know it's not right because of the destruction that she can cause but it's just fascinating. I'm glad that you are okay and all is well. :) I will have to email my friends in Houston to make sure that they are as well. :) Great answers for this meme. I don't watch infomercials either. Your 28 and 33 had me rolling LOL Too funny. Have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics were a little scary. Ithink that I would want to move fast out of that. Glad you are safe. Lots of questions. Lots of answers.A lot to remember.Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a storm! I love the pictures you took. I like to watch storms too, but it's best watched from the safety of my house. :)
    Great answers to the Sunday Stealing. I hate those drug commercials too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so insync with dying...lol
    Remote control lifts? WAKAKAKAKAKAKA..
    ah...a restaurant booth...oh my...
    Anni..Mr. Depp..of course and I chose a dead guy...aiks...

    by the way, is the weather that bad?
    just be careful...
    take care of you for me...

    have you a beautiful sunday!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pix are pretty scary. I get a kick out of reading your answers to these teenage questions - a real exercise in generation gap : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, It's Sunday, cloudy, but we will still have a beautiful day. Hopefully, in your area will be good. Thanks for dropping back by my blog. Hopefully, I won't mess up again, but, but,but, who knows? Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're too amusing, I chuckled several times. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pneumonia every year till you were six? And I thought I was bad with chronic broncitus and tonsilitus every year till I was in my teens. Glad we both grew out of all that!

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- that is one story and some photos!
    Those clouds are amazing,
    Wicked was great! I think she may have had 2 songs. And, yes, remote control lifing is a form of exercise. You get extra points for hiding it from the opposite sex.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet pictures! I love storms, but not the tornado producing ones. I can watch every tornado movie known to man and love them, but tell me I'm in a warning and I'm running to the basement. Even when it's three counties over.

    Yes, Mr. Depp would be tons of fun at Disney World. I forgot Mother Goose & Grimm, I liked them too. Happy Sunday Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Anni me too... Johnny hands down!!! Fun answers and scary clounds...
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Riding Pirates of the Caribbean with Capt. Jack himself would be a RIOT!!!! And I'm so jealous of you and your natural rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Groucho was great! God, we're old. Do you think the children even know who he was?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are some hefty clouds!!

    Love your answers, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great storm photos!

    *swoon* Johnny Depp :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved reading your replies to Sunday Stealing...! Ü Nice site you have in here! *hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete

.