my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



....come Saturday morning....



MISCONCEPTION: Urine on stings doesn't work!

JOEY PEES ON MONICA'S JELLYFISH STING...
VIEW HERE






- - -<><><>- - -







My photo was taken about 3 weeks ago, along the Newport Beach Access. This species of jellyfish is found often on the beaches along the Coast of Texas. Their 'name' is Cabbage Head Jellyfish I believe. In particular they have no tentacles. And in all actuality, they are NOT fish. Read more...










Here's a link for remedies.



- - -<><><>- - -


Join HERE for this week's laughter


...and to 'tie in' to the theme for my Saturday post; a fishy tale. No, what you're smelling is NOT last night's dinner!!!




Now I understand why men love to fish so much!! Fish don't mind if you fall asleep in the middle of fishing.

- - -

One day while driving home from his fishing trip in the pouring rain, a man got a flat tire outside a monastery. A monk came out and invited him inside to have dinner and spend the night. The motorist accepted. That night he had a wonderful dinner of fish and chips. He decided to compliment the chef. Entering the kitchen, he asked the cook, "Are you the fish friar?" "No," the man replied, "I'm the chip monk."

- - -

The difference between a fairy tale and a fish story is a fairy tail begins, "Once upon a time..." and a fish story begins, " This ain't no bullsh!t..."



cartoon found with Photobucket search
POSTED: Saturday, May 15th, 2010
12:20 A.M.


22 comments :

  1. Never heard of peeing on stings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't need that home remedy for stings!!
    Loved the funnies!!
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting type of jellyfish. I think jellyfish are beautiful creatures but I'd rather keep my distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me laugh, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post & great blog! Haven't seen jellyfish without tentacles before!
    Happy 6WS- and look forward to *seeing* you again next time!
    Mine’s HERE!

    LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. powerful six words..
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the fish stories; you gave me some laughs to start the day with!
    I like the new look too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wakakakakkakakakkkaaa..omg...
    I love them all, Anni.
    I always wonder why men love fishing too.
    I love your weekly contributions, you always make me smile.
    It is a pleasure to come to your blog.
    I love the new look, very chic and classy , just like YOU!
    Have you and Bud a Fishy Weekend!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~gorgeous photo of the jelly fish...never seen one like that...warm wishes and brightest blesssings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous picture!

    Hrm. I've never been stung by a jelly before, but I'm not sure I'd want someone peeing on me even if it DID work!! From what I understand and things I've read over the years, it isn't so much urine as urine from a rummy (heavy drinker) that works for that. Gross however you look at it though. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gday Annie.
    Ive seen plenty Jellyfish up north but never one like this one. Up north Darwin you never see anyone in the water Due to crocs and boxjelly fish Up there if you go to the beach everyone carries a small bottle of Vinegar to use if you get stung.. I believe a sting from them are very painfull

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very strange Jelly fish ! I have never seen such a species.
    Hahaha about your weekend funnies !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What happened to your template ? this one looks so serious and elegant ! That's not really you !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it !!!
    Happy 6WS
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great jellyfish photo! Not one like we have here but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to say yesterday I came to your blog via my iPhone and i thought where the hell am I. Is this HA's blog? or is it one she's been keeping silent. Now this morning I see my iPhone wasn't deceiving me. I love this theme so much. It's wonderful and it is soooo you. I think urine on stings works because your mind is going to make it think it works LOL. I love that jelly fish. It's beautiful. And your weekend funnies are just too funny. :) I love the last one. So true :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. AH!! Love the whole Cheers theme...lol!

    Great post!

    Happy SWS!!

    http://ourlifesjourney02.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha! And great pic! and ha again!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is one interesting-looking critter.

    Enjoyed your funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Funny post Ani and really interesting jellyfish photo. Never heard of those before. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful capture!
    It looks like a sea shell. :)

    Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great jokes! I used to think it was so wonderful when we moved to Florida, but between the sting ray season, the jelly fish season, the Red Tides seasons, the hurricane seasons, and getting used to the heat so 80 degree water isn't warm enough - you can't go swimming in the Gulf very often. Oh yeah, and now there's oil season : (

    ReplyDelete

.