“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






...all in the family


TODAY, MY 1ST BORN...IRENE
WILL BE CELEBRATING HER
41ST BIRTHDAY!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY 'WEE ONE'!!









- - -<><><>- - -


Click button to Join



THURSDAY 13


Conversations of the wits... from way back when and now:

[you have to picture this: He's one of those that knows his history and constantly blabbers things about stuff that just flows over the top of my head....the 'who cares' kinda crap trivia. Like historical dates...Bud's my walking History Channel! I, on the other hand, love math and science---subjects of which he has no interest.] One day I slunk to the floor to laze around and watch a movie. I happened to twist my neck as I went down. Oh no harm....it was LONG ago. But the story will suffice. As I flopped down and put a kink in my neck, I said "Oh, I strained my Medulla Oblongata!!" And I began massaging my neck muscles. Bud was flabbergasted....stone cold silent in a confused state of being. The brainy historian had no idea what Medulla Oblongata was. Now, it's a family inside joke.

1- Bud: "How's your Medulla today?"
Anni: "It's in need of a rub-down."

2- Bud: "Do you know by chance what a group of vultures is called?"
Anni: "Sure do! Congress!!"

3- When I get P O'd I've been known to regale this little tale of fear on him:
Anni: "Husbands age with either distinction or extinction...never could keep that straight."

4- Bud: "Him and I went to the movies."
Anni: [interrupting] "HIM did NOT. It would be He went...HE went to the movies!" "It's a simple concept."
Bud: "Whatever!!"

5- Anni: "And when you're pecking away at the keyboard with a message pertaining to 'Your gonna love this', it's YOU'RE...not your. It's You ARE. It's called a contraction."
Bud: "Whatever" "Ross!!!" [referring to Ross Gellar on F*R*I*E*N*D*S]

6- Bud: "I loaded the dishwasher today."
Anni: [thinking, not speaking!] "Good for you! I vacuumed, cooked, did laundry, cleaned bathrooms, changed bedding, dusted furniture."

7- Bud: "I just read here in the newspaper that the average person burns 40 calories just sitting down."
Anni: "So what are you doing now?"
Bud: [as he sits down] "Working out."

8- Written on a mirror in shaving cream once:
By Bud: "Yo Qiero, taco Belle." [misspelling intentional!]
Anni: Let's just say, he didn't get Mexican food that night, either!!

9- Bud: "You know about the proclamation of the world ending in 2012, right?"
Anni: "Ya, what about it?"
Bud: "Well, what if it's true? And we are the only two survivors. What would happen do you suppose?"
Anni: "Don't get your hopes up m'dear! I'm sure I'd have a headache!"

10- Bud: "Wonder what Hell is like."
Anni: "Dunno, but I plan on taking the high road. You can send me a text message from there, describing it, 'kay?" [all kidding of course]

11- Bud: [during the flu this past couple of weeks] "Y'know this crap is like a woman in a way...."
Anni [coughing]: "Whatd'ya mean by that remark?"
Bud: "She found me, she put me to bed and controlled me. She made me ache, and sweat and groan. Making me beg for mercy. I'm exhausted, and will be glad when she leaves...." [coughing] "And she's gonna make me weak for days to come."

12- Bud: "When I die, I'm gonna dig out of my grave and haunt you."
Anni: "Ha! The joke'll be on you then."
Bud: "Why, what's so funny 'bout that?"
Anni: "I'll have you buried upside down."

13: Bud: "Baseball Season's just around the corner Anni."
He knows how much I love the sport....
Anni: "Ya, can't wait!!"
Bud: "Here's one for you...Confucius say: 'Baseball very funny game - man with four balls, no can walk!'"
Anni: [snort] "Good one!"







POSTED: Irene's Birthday 2010
2:30 A.M.




- - - <><><> - - -




ADDED later: THURSDAY THUNKS



Click button to Join

What a hoax!! Ms. P@lin and F0x network are doing it again!!


1. It's the first of April, do you play April Fool's jokes on anyone? Sometimes....my daughter played the biggest one on me tho....My OBGYN claimed it was a boy....SHE was born on April Fool's Day!!!

2. Do you like to eat sardines? Yep, love those little fisheeeees!!! [in oil...not the mustard nor the ones packed in ketchup either]

3. Have you ever played racketball? Nope...

4. If eating at a fast food joint that has a dollar menu, do you order a bunch of different dollar items or just go ahead and get a regular meal? Rarely go to fast food anymore. When I do, it's Jack in the Box and the Jalapeno peppers ---stuffed with cheddar cheese and deep fat fried is always shouting out "Anni, Anni, picke me!"

5. Have you ever taken a brand new pencil and sharpened it in an electric sharper until it was almost gone just because you were bored? No...don't have an electric sharpener [you say sharper, but I'm assuming it's sharpener]...what a DULL question!

6. Do you have any old broken computers still sitting around your home? Ummmmmm, is there a computer cop lurking somewhere? Okay...I 'fess up....yep. Sure do. And I don't need a cop...I need a Doctor. The Geek Squad!!!

7. Ricky Martin came out this week stating he is gay. Were you shocked, had a feeling, "who?" or just didn't care? Oh who cares...if he were straight as an arrow, I'd still not like the guy!!

8. If marijuana is legalized, do you think it should have a luxury tax added onto it? Why not? Everything else is bound to be taxed!!!

9. What's the oddest thing you have sitting on your computer desk right now or where ever it is you may be sitting with a laptop (you could be sitting at a Starbucks with an alien from Mars for all we know)? The computer desk, odd? ...you should know better. I guess the fact that there is nothing odd would be odd enough. [snort]

10. Have you ever bumped into a former lover and found out they were now gay or straight depending on your relationship with them? ..... But if I DID have one...gay OR straight, can't put the blame on me.

11. Have you ever held a tarantula? Are you kidding?!!! Arachnophobia here!!!!

12. Shower- curtain, door, walk-in, or do you just roll around in the dirt to get the stink off? Just call me Pepe l' Pew!!!!

13. Which commercial is the most annoying to you on TV or radio? Geico where the dude says Did the Waltons take too long to say goodnight AND the "So easy a caveman can do it"...I LOVE the Geico lizard tho.

42 comments :

  1. Hau`oli La Hanau to you daughter :) These are just to funny. I love love love number 12 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni...I hope you all have a fabulous time celebrating your daughter Irenes Birthday! She is the same age as me! And have a happy Easter also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to your 'little one'!!!

    and your conversations with bud were a total delight to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRENE :D

    #12 is the best :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni this just might be my favorite T13! Oh and I'm the "Ross" in my family. The your and you're thing drives me crazy. I'm amazed at how often they're confused.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your baby.

    You and Bud are a hoot. ;)

    I don't understand the obsession with other people's sex lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some funny ones there, especially in that first list. Some of yours would fit in with a brand new meme on my blog. http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-thirk-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is nice conversation.. I love this line

    "I'll have you buried upside down."
    .
    btw, I follow you in google connect. I hope that you will do the same. tc! Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  10. #9 had my laughing aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRENE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Annie! LOVED what "Confucius say"! FUNNY!!... Happy Birthday Irene! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love # 12 of your T13. Lovely Easter theme to your blog. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You and Bud are a great comedy duo! I love it that you can remember all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, forgot - Happy Birthday to Irene! Don't you just love those little boards we used to put them in? And in the car - safety?? Not so much! But they survived!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a very funny post! The exchanges between you and your husband cracked me up! Today was my father-in-law's birthday, too. He always joked that he was an April Fool...The pic of your daughter, Irene, in that white plastic baby carrier brought back memories. I had one of those for my daughter, too. Fun times! Blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bob is the history buff here and like Bud, knows all kinds of historical trivia. I enjoyed listening in on your little conversations.
    Happy April Fools day, and happy birthday to Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ann, this is a great post, like reading you and Bud's conversation, especially liked the grave one. Also enjoyed the questions and answers. Have a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni, Enjoyed your post, as always. Especially loved reading your Thurs. Thirteen. Love the way you and Bud kibitz with each other. Makes for a great relationship.

    We're having wonderful weather here the last 3 days...almost too warm for this area in March

    Just sent you an email. wishing you and Bud a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. PS Happy Birthday to Irene.

    ReplyDelete
  21. [snort] good one :)


    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/nuts-nuts/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anni! Told you I'd be around. Guess what? My daughter's middle name is Irene. She was named after my paternal grandmother whose middle name was also Irene. I love that name! Also, today is my nephew Ben's birthday! We have some things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi!
    I don't like spiders either. So a tarantula is out of the question. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Sherrie's Stuff
    http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2010/04/thursday-thunks.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. John Adams had it right.

    "One useless man is called a disgrace. Two become a law firm, and three or more become a congress."

    ReplyDelete
  25. Funny funny funny this morning Anni... Love yours and Buds little banter. Have a great day my friend!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning Anni, wishing your daughter Irene a Happy Birthday..I have two daughters with birthdays in May..one turns 40 and the other will be 46..

    Have a great Easter with Bud and your family..
    Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was great! Thanks for the laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I completely forgot it was April Fools until I read your post! How funny that your daughter was born on this day and was supposed to be a boy. Love that.

    Great list. Lots of fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL, cute convos between you & Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Happy B-Day Irene, Hope you have a Fantastic Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your doctor had a twisted sense of humor! Have a great Thursday...

    ReplyDelete
  32. T13... Number four and five sound like corrections I would make. Loved number thirteen, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love that you said your medulla oblongata hurts. That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Burred upside down? LOL! That's what he gets for wanting the woman to go like the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loved the first list, lol ! loooooong married couple discussions !

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the smile. I really love Bud's workout. I hadn't realized just how much exercise I was getting.

    My TT: For Better Or Worse

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hahahah- Annie, I hope I'm hootin in the right place. What a riot that today is your daughter's BD! Poor thing must have endured many jokes throughout her life but if she's anything like you, I bet she made the best of it. Happiest of BD's to her!

    Enjoyed both T-13 posts. I love word play...so I'm smiling at so many lines in here! These made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  38. It took me a minute to get the vulture - congress joke... I must be getting tired!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Anni. Belated Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    Love the conversations you have with Bud...wish I could eavesdrop sometimes...lol.

    Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your 13, I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, can't stand misplaced apostrophes!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I enjoyed your thursday 13, it was very funny. Your thursday thunks was god too.

    ReplyDelete

.