“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






...always and forever we're friends!


Click button to Join



THURSDAY 13
A tribute to my sister

1] Her name is Sharon
2] She was born in Nebraska too
3] She graduated with a Master's Degree
4] She is a retired Business Teacher
5] She is an avid golfer
6] She owns her own company
7] She is older than I
8] She once was personal secretary to Senator Allott
8] She's traveled thru Europe
9] She has never been a mother
10] She's a grandma by marriage tho!
11] She's VERY generous!
12] She looks like my Aunt Mary
13] She is a super Aunt to my kids!!




This is the finished DVD I sent to her via snail mail. The cover art and inside I wrote "Happy Sister's Day, Love Anni". Today, I celebrate with my sister! HAPPY SISTER'S DAY SISSY!! [she really hates that I call her that....awwwwww, poor sissy. It's really a term on endearment. Ha -she knows me better. Truth be told, she should have never let on that she dislikes it so. Makes me wanna call her 'sissy' now!! LOL]


- - -<><><>- - -

I'm still feeling quite worn down. Now, Bud has the same. He caught it from me. I tellya, it sounds like a TB ward in our house right now. But we will survive...just taking a lot of gumption from us tho, and I've no energy to peruse blogging buddies' posts. Have a great Thursday.





POSTED: Thursday, March 18th, 2010
6:45 A.M.






23 comments :

  1. Good morning, Anni.

    A beautiful tribute to your sister. I know how close you are and am glad I could drop by and help you celebrate Sister's Day.

    Sorry you and Bud are feeling under the weather. Both Dwight and I have that terrible cough. Not nice.

    On the positive side, the boys are on March Break and the weather has been beautiful.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soorry you're feeling bue and one degree under - hope you get back in the pink soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni, Love your Easter decor. Such cute ducklings. Very pretty and serene.

    To answer your question I haven't received any emails from you and have not had any replies to the ones I sent you either. Hope you can get it worked out. Miss talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni!
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
    I'm thunking Thunks may be done for a while.
    who know...

    Baseball season is just around the corner.

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/hot-job-senior-citizen-whats/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post and a lovely way to celebrate your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tribute to your sister. I am one of four girls and the second eldes was called Sissy, which she shortened to Sis as she matured. They called her that because she was named after my mother, I guess. She's my Sis....and I would give her my heart if she needed it. So sorry you're sick - maybe you're shaking off the winter and having your own Spring : ) Love the duckies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tribute to your sister! Hope you feel better soon. Those colds are going around here too, and the nasty cough that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how I wish I have a sister like you. You are very thoughtful sister.

    my t_t is http://thesafemode.blogspot.com/2010/03/thursday-13-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tribute to your sister. I'm sure she'll really appreciate it. I didn't know it was sister appreciation day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Sister's Day to you and your SISSY! hehe She sounds like a wonderful person and it's no wonder you're so proud of her. I wish I could have seen her face when she watched that dvd:-)

    Hope you and Bud feel better realllll soon, no fun being sick:-( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww, that's sweet of you paying tribute to your sister.

    come and see my thursday 13

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely tribute to your sister.
    I hope you all feel better real soon.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How funny my mom and aunt call each other sissy. LOL Love the tribute you. You are the bomb and I hope you get to feeling better real soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. And love the Easter theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sweet Annie...
    I love your Easter look. So beautiful, and the duckies are just "ducky". Love the pale yellow, so you sweetie.

    Happy Sister's Day, what a wonderful occasion to celebrate with you favorite gal. I am sure she enjoyed or will enjoy her package of love when it arrives.

    Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear that you have not been well, and that you are under the weather, you and Bud. I will be sending some prayers up for both of you to feel better soon. Please know that you are so loved.

    Her is a box of my favorite kleenexes, a cup of my famous chicken noodle soup,and a good magazine to read. I hope it makes you feel better soon. Many hugs and kisses...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list; a real tribute to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice tribute to your sister. Love your header, it is so sweet looking. Hope you two feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and sure hope that you recover soon. Great tribute to your sister... LOVED it!!! I love your new blog look... Have a wonderful day!
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anni,

    I still haven't received an email from you and it wasn't in my junk folder. Missing you horribly, my friend.

    Thank you so much for the beautiful background on my blog. It fits my personality perfectly.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. well, let me wish you belatedly to get well soon. and bud too! love your fluffy little chicks here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry you and Bud are still under the weather and hope you both feel better SOON. Loved learning about your sister. Ya know how much I enjoy MINE ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

.