my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


MONDAY MORSELS [aka] "Frankly My Dear I don't give.....

...a hoot!" While on blogging hiatus, I drew for some relaxation time. Even if my Scarlett ended up looking more like Sally Fields the more I worked on her. Rhett? Well, to me he looked like Vincent Price more in the first two attempts. I kept at it and did the best I could. I just really got in the mood to do some pencil sketching here of late.


Of all the images, and gowns/costumes that Vivien Leigh wore during the production/movie of Gone With the Wind, the one red dress that Rhett forces her to wear to Melanie's party, is my favorite!! Naturally, I chose her in the red, feathery, velvet dress....

So, here I did Scarlett. She was first. I tried twice, and threw them out. I still can't get her nose and chin correctly in proportion to character/celebrity. I finished her [more or less gave up the attempt and stopped at try #3], and started on Rhett.





- - -

The first two --again, they got tossed. Only 'cause Rhett looked like Vincent Price I tellya. I shoulda taken a picture of the two I threw out--but I didn't. When I begin sketching I sit and stare and try and notice all the detail of shadows, lighting and outstanding features. I think the eyes always tell you so much. Looking at the eyes I can see sadness, gaiety, stateliness, pride, so many emotions. With Rhett, with the certain pose of his in the movie, I see pride! He's tall, dark, handsome, and filled with himself. As is Scarlett...two explosive beings ready to collide.





Here is Mr. Butler in all his glory. Pride. Stately. Handsome. [well at least in real life, dear Rhett!] Don't you just love the costumes in this movie!!? Especially Rhett's stylish ways...oh if only to be rich, in the South, back during the Antebellum Age, and Twelve Oaks or Tara. I could so be Scarlett. Altho, I think I'd be chasing Rhett's coat tails instead of Ashley's!

I know, I know...frankly, YOU don't give a hoot who I'd be chasin'!!!





A few of my visitors have asked me to show more of my art work...I have several already posted, so I took a few minutes of my time yesterday to get the links to all that I've shown before today...
and added the links to them all on my sidebar. Under the crown of thorns I did recently...the Listed Items [*li button list].

More sketches to come later. Like I posted above, I've been drawing a LOT!
PS...Happy birthday to my brother in law!!---------
    If you'll be my bodyguard,
    I can be your long lost pal!
    You can call me Anni,
    And Anni, when you call me,
    You can call him Al!
    Call him Al ......




- - -<><><>- - -


Mariposa shared this award...
My 1st for the new year...
Thank you so much...
My heart filled with cheer!!!



POSTED: Monday, January 4th, 2010
4:30 A.M.

13 comments :

  1. Delightful - the new blog design, the sketches, your love of Gone With the Wind, which I share, having read the book 14 times and lost count how many times I saw the movie. Happy New Year. B : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketches! Again, I am blown away by your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posting, Anni! What a talented artist you are.
    Happy New Year,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni,

    I absolutely LOVE your sketches of Scarlett and Rhett. You've done a great job. I went through the list and saw some others for the first time. Thanks so much for posting these.

    Wishing you a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful. Don't be so hard on yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness sweetie...
    I didn't know you were back from vacation. I haven't seen the post come up, I guess I have been missing it. Oh my, I love your new header and new look sweetie. It is so beautiful.

    You get back in that trash and dig out those sketches that you threw out. Never throw out your art work. Those are attempts to look back on. Shame on you. How very beautiful these sketches are, and I have checked out your others too. I love your self-portrait, it is so you. I also love the cardinal (Moma and Daddy have cardinals in their yard, so I will always love cardinals). I loved your Indian maiden too, oh heck I loved all of them. What can I say sweetie you are so talented.

    Now I am going to challenge you, sketch me and let me see how you see me. Are ya up to it? Come on now.

    Thanks for sharing as always. I so love to come over. I truly did not know you were back. I have had Annie withdrawals for several days. Horrible I tell you. Have a beautiful Monday sweetie. Love Ya, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love pencil sketches. It is so difficult to do them. Good for you! I'm visiting from Sherry's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Nice! Hope you had a nice New Year..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now how weird is this...I posted about Scarlet today as well in my Microfiction Monday. Two peas in a pod or are we connected by some kindred spirit? LOL Boy you sure can draw well. I relaly like this. Hau`oli La Hanau to you BIL. Congrats on your first award for 2010

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a gift to this world my dear anni, and i so loved singing along with the lyrics there for paul simon!! i love his work it is now in my head with whistles and all, i can see the video with chevy chase in my head!! ah what a wonderful song!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it looks just like them.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a renaissance woman, Anni. You drawings are a match for your photos. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. O, these are so good, Anni.

    ReplyDelete

.