my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


What'll I do, Where will I go....Frankly my dear......


Click either button to Join



THURSDAY THUNKS


Okay, so one of my favorite memes for the week has decided to take a holiday break from now 'til 2010!! How dare they?!! Party poopers! Just kidding...I think it's great that they are actually taking time off...to be sure. Tho, I'm really lost for a post. Thursday Thunkers have gone up and disappeared until the new year. What'll I do in the meantime? Guess I make up something. But I thunk and thunk, and puzzled some more, puzzled and puzzled 'til my puzzler was sore. I thought of making up ten questions for the meme to be a fill-in hostess. But that is out of the question...lordy. I could never come up with those fun kinda questions that really make one think and have fun at the same time. Then, I thought of bitchin' 'bout the weather down here. For months during the summer this area of Texas was in a drought! A deep drought. Remember the photos I took of the dried up lake at the Botanical Gardens a few months back? Well, now it's rained for days. I'm thinking of building an ARK. Seriously. In our back yard alone, we have a small pond that inches closer and closer to the foundation of the house. And the pond is NOT supposed to be there! My beautiful hibiscus and palms and roses have frozen from the last cold snap about a week ago. It's depressing. So depressing I won't even mention it. After that bitchin' post for an idea was nixed, I thought maybe I could have my visitors go to comment and ask me a question?!! Any question. I'll then answer the questions posed in front of me. How's that?!! Ya, that'll work. So Thursday Guests....if you wish, ask away. I'll answer the questions and post it Monday hopefully. Since the upcoming Thursday is Christmas Eve. I won't be here either.

To entertain you a bit today tho, I gotta tell you a short story. Won't take long. Honest. Last week a gecko [more specifically a green anole] was discovered in our master bedroom closet. I know where he came from....I had to bring in my patio plants to keep them from freezing, it was in one of those pots, I'm sure. Well, I called Bud to save the day. He accomplished breaking off its tail and it went scurrying behind the shoe rack. Of course that enticed me to strip everything out...everything, 'til he was found and back outside where he was supposed to be, before he got in my jeans or something and scare me to death when I dressed.... In turn, the closet was cleaned...short story....I took a lot of clothes and shoes to charity. While there, I have to walk to the back where you drop off your donations, through the store...seeing what's on their shelves that is for sale. I found these----





A cute Christmas Moose Antler/Candle holder
For $3.











Glittery Santa Glade Candle Holder
For $1










When it comes to holiday trinkets and cute stuff...I'ma sucka!!!



- - -<><><>- - -


Thursday 13

Just the facts ma'am....


1-I have a passion for holiday decorations.

2-I love to cook...but it's now difficult to cook for just two. What I do usually is cook a big meal, then divide it in thirds, freeze 1/3 and another 1/3 and take it out to reheat later.

3-I love to read novels.

4-I used to really enjoy movies at the theater. Not any more. The cost isn't worth the effort. Occasionally Bud and I go to an opening, but not like it was a few years back when it was EVERY Friday.

5-I love N C I S [I took a fun trivia test @ NCIS USA [scroll way down for the beginning of the personality test] the other day and the character I ended up close to was Ziva!! [her photo linked] I'm mysterious!!

6-I detest Rap music.

7-Speaking of fast food...my favorite is Jack In the Box!

8-I'm appalled that antique stores call things I grew up with...antiques!!

9-If per chance I splurge on consuming a beef steak...I like mine cooked medium rare.

10-I've been to all states in the USA except Alaska and Washington.

11-My favorite fresh fruit is tart apples.

12-I can sit and eat a whole bag of pistachios.

13-The four states I've lived in, each auto I drive is/was licensed with at least one number 8 on it!! [see comment #8]









POSTED: Thursday, December 17th, 2009
12:30 A.M.

35 comments :

  1. You know here we leave the geckos wherever they are. They are dynamite with eating other bugs. But there again, you have gecko crap to clean later...LOL. Isn't it amazing what you can find when you clean something...OH MY MY MY Jack in the Box WOOT!!! But I must say the ruined the Jumbo Jack With Cheese when the made it with Ketsup on it. Now I have to order it without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny story! I would of done the same thing until it was out of there too.
    So glad I stopped by to see what you were up to.
    Merry Christmas
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. a bag of pistachios? nooooo problem. and do enlighten me, what's a jack in the box???

    ReplyDelete
  4. # 8 me too I'm 66..sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of facts. I like my steak medium-rare, too. Rick and I seldom go to the movies any more. We rent or wait for them to come to TV. And we don't do pay-per-view, either. Too expensive! Happy 13!

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni!!! Long time, no see, but it feels so good to see everybody again! I've really missed you all! Fiddle-dee-dee, I LOVE your posts no matter WHAT you write about! My question for you, now that I've read through today's post is.. (drumroll)... What ever happened to the lizard? (or more specifically, the green anole, after you cleaned out your closet??) Hope this finds you and yours well and enjoying the season, and I look forward to visiting with you again! ((Hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. how would you remember the license plates?? I can barely remember all the cars we've had, much less their tag numbers!! Fun list for a TT!! Happy Thursday and Merry Christmas!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ornery' Wife I know 'em 'cause I have all of them saved...hanging up on the garage wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm..now I have to admit that as I am in a rush I did not have time to read the WHOLE post...however...I cannot fathom how YOU...Oh wise one...could be bereft of something to tell us! Meme's??? How about some advice for us mamas who are trying to raise hormonal boys? I could use some constructive criticism right now! Really, my passive nature is taking a beating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I know you much better now! I can definitely relate to the novel reading and many other items on your list. Hope you have a great day! Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on #8. That being said, I prefer "retro" to antique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love antiques! I almost got left behind by our tour bus in the Costwolds because I didn't want to leave those antique shops. Silly tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't care to watch movies at the theaters anymore either. The cost is ridiculous.
    Love the glade candle holder.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you did a fine job without the Meme.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so with you on your list... except the medium rare steak. I like mine bloodless, thank-you-very-much (my husband likes his rare... ugh!).

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni.
    What happened to Thursday Thinks anyway ;(
    I am so with ya on the movie thing. What a waste.
    Oh, and you've never been to Alaska- to see the queen?
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like your page :)

    And I agree with some of your answers there :)

    Thanks for stopping by on my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni,

    I enjoyed learning more about you with your post this morning. It is odd to hear the things we grew up with referred to as antiques. But those were the days, weren't they? I love items from the 50s era.

    Oh, I wouldn't have liked a geeko in my closet. I would have cleaned it out too and what bargains you found when you took the things to be donated.

    This morning I posted about my new experience. I took my 2nd insulin shot this morning and it was a breeze. This may just be a blessing in disguise.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would want to be like Abby she is my fav NCIS character so I won't take the test as I am sure I would not turn out to be like her. I have way more states to travle too. I of course love to read. Long time, but I've been offline most of this year. Nice to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Sweet Annie...
    Oh no... I love it. 1-9 and 11 our answers are identical. Right on the money. We are kindred spirits for sure.

    If we lived closer we would be thrifting together and be at the beach always looking for finds. I so love this type of day. Jack in teh Box is my favorite. I love their tacos and their #24 for breakfast is just delish. Love it!!

    Have a beautiful day sweetie. I missed my history lesson today. And to think I have to wait until next year????

    Love Ya..Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun post on all counts ;-)
    I once had a lizard move indoors and take up residence in my pantry for a while ... another left an entire skin in my living room couch. Leaving the French Doors open isn't the best idea I guess. I enjoy NCIS too but don't think I'm much like Ziva. Happy T-13 ... mine's at Small Reflections this week. I'd leave the link, but your comment box doesn't like 'http:' today.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  22. mmm, I love pistachios, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like #8 LOL
    I would rather have the rain than all of this snow. I don't have to scoop rain!!
    We do the same thing with meals since it is just the 2 of us now.
    Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah. NCIS. I believe that is on my schedule to watch after Dark Angel. (I have friends who get really into shows and want to show them to me. I have now seen all of Supernatural thanks to them.)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also love novels and hate rap music. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun post, Thunks or not. I've never been one to collect license plates but when we finally got our new TN tag my daughter grabbed up the old GA one. ~ Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yeah, I noticed the decoration passion.

    What kind of novels do you like to read?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I haven't been to the movies for ages either, but I might be tempted now that Avatar has started here in NZ. It sounds like the kind of movie that would be good on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Me and you both with the pistachios! lol No way can I just eat a handful, if I open up a bag, I can eat the whole thing in one sitting. hehe Oh dear, oh dear, no Thursday Thunks?? As you say, what nerve! lol Hmmmm, as for a question for you....what is your very favourite Christmas memory? Enquiring minds want to know:)

    You're having rain and we're having frigid temperatures...right now as I type this, it's only 2F!! I call that "stupid" cold! lol

    We don't have geckos around here but I'm sure if we did and I found one in my closet, I wouldn't rest until I knew it was gone out of there! lol Isn't it funny, though, how we can start a little thing and it ends up being a big job. Good for you, though, for decluttering your closet:)

    Love the moose and Santa candle holders you found...no doubt your heart went a little faster when you saw them! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awwwww, Anni, I so love your village, how delightful it is! I'm just glad you didn't fall out of the balloon you were flying in! lol I can well imagine how peaceful the whole village looks when it's softly lit like that at night. Makes you want to live there:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the beautiful card girl!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad you didn't come home empty handed after your trip to charity...
    Love your favorite fruit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, that moose is wonderful. So funny.
    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree about going to the movies, I haven't been to the theater for ages! The last time I went was coz we had free tickets. =)

    ReplyDelete

.