my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Just think.....thank, thunk!


Click either button to Join



THURSDAY THUNKS....



1. Sometimes when you are sitting around doing nothing, a thought randomly pops into your head. How many measuring cups do you own?
    Danged if I know!!! I do know that it's a D cup, unless they're plastered on the icy cold stainless steel x-ray machine!!!...

2. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
    HOT fudge!! Pecans. [That's Vanilla ice cream only! - but with my favorite ice cream, I don't add a thing!!! --that's black walnut]

3. Egg nog - is it digestible?
    Ummmm ya-a! I just had some. And by the way, I use egg nog when I make my pumpkin pie instead of that nasty canned, condensed milk! Just thought I'd add that tidbit of info...I figured inquiring minds wanna know.

4. Were you one of the insane humans who went to a store last Friday?
    Are you insane?!! No way!!! There's shopping and then there's Black Friday. They don't call it that f'r nuttin'!!!

5. There are 12 months in a year, anywhere from 28 - 31 days in a month, depending on the year, of course. Each day holds a special meaning for someone, some days hold a special meaning for everybody. Do you have a 2010 calendar yet?
    Nope....but I'm really looking forward to the Mayan's predictions of 2012 ---I figured inquiring minds wanna know.

6. Kids are funny sometimes and say the darnedest things, but it's ok because they are kids and they are so adorable. A two year old is cute when they say a swear word. Admit it, they are. What was your favorite nursery rhyme growing up? Hey - if you don't have a favorite, just work with me here and pick the first one that fell off the wall and broke like an egg or came out of the sky like a cow who just jumped over the moon.
    Y'know, when I was a kid, I really can't recall reading or having any nursery rhymes read to me. Isn't that something? So I need to pick the first one that fell off the wall...and being that it FELL I'd hafta go with Chicken Little and the falling sky! But I have a question....just WHO framed Roger Rabbit?

7. Most of us have some type of machine that people like to call 'vehicles'. Some are blue, some are yellow, some are red. Some have trunks, some have beds and some even can't decide if they are a car or a truck. We put gas in them, check the oil and drive them all over the place and stop them in places called parking spots. Picture in your mind the machine you currently own and if you own more than one, picture the one you last drove - when was the last time you had a new tire on it?
    I had all four replaced last winter. And believe it or not....I'M carrying the spare tire...or if you look at me and glance a bit over my shoulder you'd swear that BUD has the spare tire. Guess that means we're good to go...

8. For those of us on Facebook, do you wish to share your Facebook identity with us?
    Nope, no Facebook. And if I did, it'd be a privacy issue.

9. Santa's coming! Where's the best place to hide presents? Any clever little tricks for keeping those nosy people from ruining the surprise?
    It's just the two of us here....Santa is here now too....and the presents aren't even a big issue since with us, it's giving ALL year not just the one day. But we DO try and have something to open on Christmas Day. Besides, for me it's a helluva lot more fun watching little ones in awe of the season.

10. Have you heard that the world is going to end in 2012? Some people think that the world isn't actually going to go BOOM! and be no more, they think that the "end of the world" is actually going to be a worldwide takeover by a certain country and/or religion, which all has to do with the current president of the USA. Do you agree?
    To quote Nixon..."I cannot tell a lie!" No wait...that was someone else in history....I think Nixon said he WASN'T a liar. Now in regards to our current president...I voted for him....but being that I voted for him....I have MORE right than others to question his modus operandi. I've often wondered just how much extra the carwash detailist would charge to get the bumper sticker off!!! ........what was the question?

11. Butterfly, butterfly fluttering through the air, please don't land on my freshly washed hair. What brand of shampoo did you use this morning? (and for those of you who still stink.. think of yesterday morning... and if that still doesn't apply to you - go get your stinky butt in the shower!)
    I faithfully use this that was recommended to me by my stylist....it's supposed to take away the brassy look of my gray hair and bring out the silver! Dunno if it really works or not, but I use it faithfully each time I shower 'cause it keeps my hair very manageable and helps from getting dried out in this everlasting salty, sea air around here. And------it smells terrific. Fresh, not full of sickening sweet perfume.




- - -<><><>- - -


THURSDAY 13


Have you ever wondered:

1] What lies beyond the moment of truth?

2] If you float an idea, how long before it sinks in?

3] How can you dig out of a hole?

4] If a race is neck and neck, would that mean it’s a necktie?

5] What’s the difference between new and brand new?

6] Would being awakened by an earthquake be a moving experience?

7] Is it the crack of dawn that causes daybreak?

8] Can you take a crash course in flying?

9] How come you sleep while the alarm clock is on and wake up when it goes off?

10] How come the bride never marries the best man?

11] Won’t those who get too big for their britches be exposed in the end?

12] When it's after dark, isn't it really after day light?

13] And now that you've read the questions listed, just think...how the heck did “how come” ever become a question starter? How come, you wonder? I wonder how come!!










POSTED: Thursday, December 3rd, 2009
12:01 A.M.

47 comments :

  1. I love your #10...well done...what was the question? LOL. too funny. Glad to know that you use egg nog in your pumpkin pie. WOOT!!! Sounds delish :) Every single one of your Thursday 13 was excellent. Makes you wonder doesn't it LOL :) Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah, you toyer of words you. i must admit i too am very curious as to what will happen in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. somany people do go out Black Friday amazing not I either sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!!!!! Happy TT!!!!! Might have to copy it for next week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Annie, Good Morning Sweetie...
    I so love to come here. You are a hoot. I am still laughing at some of your answers. I love that you are so straight forward and honest. That is the way my folks raised me to be. Love it.

    Just one thought:
    I thought Santa lived with me though. Would the real Santa please step forward?

    Have a beautiful day sweetie. Country hugs and so much love...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog and name, Hootin' Anni!! Thanks for the visit! I especially liked your number 10 answer . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teehee....good questions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your number 10 makes me think. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roger Rabbit! I don't remember the villian either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have again begun my day with a smile thanks to you, Anni. I don't know where you come up with this stuff, but please don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of eggnog in the pumpkin pie, and I love Pantene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful list! no. 8 - I'm actually torn between that and doing my PhD. If only I had all the money and time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha ! your TT is funny. Some expressions are really not logical ! I finished my Christmas decoration and show it tomorrow. I am quite happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni, I enjoyed visiting with you this morning. Interesting Thursday here on your blog and much food for thought.

    Hope you and Bud have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Anni... Great Christmas look on your blog... Thanks for coming by to visit me... I am much better and finally feel like blogging again... Loved yoour post as always today... Have a great one my friend!
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. First it was "1984", now it's "2012"!!
    How come??
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your site's new look! And your thirteen are intriguing. Thanks. I always enjoy visiting you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, christmas header! :D happy TT!

    my post is up too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your 13's are very thought provoking.

    Name That Christmas Song

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL. These are fun. Great list, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun 13 list, my thought on #6, based on personal experience, is yes. ~ Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your thinkin', Annie. I am now inspired to do some myself...as soon as my brain awakens.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the 13... things that make you say "hmmm...."

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow that ice cream sounds delicious not sure if I have ever had black walnut but will keep my eyes open for it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everybody seems to be so philosophical today! Ack, I'm still on my first cup of coffee - I'm only capable of trying to figure out if I want another cup at this point, lol.

    I did manage to get my TT up because I wrote it late last night - it's The Best Part of CHRISTMAS PAST.

    If I wake up enough to try to figure any of these things up I'll come back . . . but don't hold your breath, rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list. I especially liked 4, 7 and 10.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh, eggnog in pumpkin pie sounds good.
    LOL at #6
    Stop by and see my Thunks too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. ROFL at "necktie." Some things do make you wonder. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful, my dear!!! I love your Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Anni- you are a hoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fun answers to Thursday Thunks. I love Hot Fudge too (with or w/o nuts) and it's yummy on Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream too! Don't care if Egg Nog is digestible ... I just enjoy it once a year anyway. I've shared T-13s at Happily Retired Gal and Sacred Ruminations this week ... just because.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very clever, Anni. The thing about "brand new" -- I have always been so irritated when a t.v. game show yells out about the "brand new" whatever. Do they think we think they might be giving away something used???

    ReplyDelete
  33. Seriously. I was contemplating that whole digging out of a hole thing the other day. I guess it makes sense from the "I'll stand on what I dig out and therefore raise myself closer to the top of the hole" standpoint. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I absolutely love the D Cups answer, and I'll totally have to remember the eggnog substitution when I'm making pies. I love eggnog, so that's a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Re your comments: Yes, I wish they'd stay young longer! So sweet and innocent.

    The white stuff wasn't much to speak of, and won't be here long - except today it's really cold! But spring storms are often much worse than winter, as I know you know!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love it. My son will get a kick out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOL!

    And here I was just wondering why we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. I should have known not to start reading your Thursday Thunks while eating a bowl of rice. I just about choked on it when I started laughing at your D cup answer! lol Ah, Anni, you never fail us with your delightful answers:-) How interesting that you use eggnog in your pumpkin pie instead of the condensed milk! Will have to remember that next time I make one. I thought I was the only one who doesn't remember reading nursery rhymes or having them read to me as a child. I figure my mom was much too busy or tired by the time she put us all to bed...after all she had 5 kids, my gran and 2 boarders to take care of!!

    Your Thursday 13 makes us realize just how silly the English language can be! It's just like..."how come we call it a driveway when we park there and a parkway when we drive there"??? Now my brain hurts. hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Okay, my head is spinning and your moving background is tripping me out ... runs from room screaming, and covering eyes...

    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow how do you come up with this stuff? all of them so witty, 4,6,7 made me laugh out loud as opposed to laughing inside my self hmmmm I wonder how come?

    ReplyDelete
  41. oh anni..i so love the finished product and it fits right in to where you put it.
    what a gem that you and bud will treasure forever and what a blessed word.."BELIEVE"
    what would we do without it, eh?
    thank you so much for your visit and such a kind, kind remark.
    i really like all of the blue that is on your blog.
    it is my favourite colour and red in the last year, at least, is my second favourite colour!
    god bless you anni.......love terry

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hubby and I both enjoyed these, especially the necktie one.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great answers you got! Thanks for reading my Thursday Thunk answers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love how you describe yourself! AMAZING!!! I had fun reading your UM answers for this day! Have a blessed day to you and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Isn't language an interesting thing?! I love the play on words! =D

    ReplyDelete

.