my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


I saw the Har-r-r-bor Lights!---beside the silv'ry sea

..."Harbor Lights" lyrics & History...



Yesterday and into the early evening as darkness fell on the shore, the city held its 28th annual City Harbor Lights Festival. Tho, in the past, and still today, I'm thoroughly disappointed in the so called "TREE" that is lighted at the end of the show, it's still part of the city's tradition. I just can't get too excited Come on...it's not even a TREE!! It's nothing but green garland and electric lights. Oh it's pretty don't get me wrong...and the refection on the Gulf is breathtaking. But, of course, being from Colorado and the snowy winters, I kinda expect a REAL LIVE TREE....hehehehehe. The day begins with parades, school children, Santa, street entertainment, live music this year by Grammy Award Winner, Jennifer Pena [who is native Texan and raised in Corpus Christi]. Now let me tell you, the day before, it was cold and rainy. Officially, the city did get snowfall...but it wasn't enough to stick to the warm ground!!

--by the way, Houston and Galveston got snow...quite a bit.--

So, yesterday it was still quite cold, but sunny. The high temperature was mid 40s and being that it's right ON the waterfront, the humidity and the windchill factor brought it mighty close to freezing. I felt sorry for the kids in the parade....yet, they seemed to not even feel the cold winds off the sea. After all the parade activities and the BBQs, and local news celebrities on the main podium, the huge south Texas electric company puts on a laser show set to music. THAT's impressive. Then, Ms. Pena had the crowd of thousands singing along with her all the Christmas Carols. At the end, it was time for the ceremonial lighting of the tree. All along the Marina, the private yachts were set aglow with them being decorated in holiday lights!! With the photos shown, I've used the zoomed feature then inserted the wide angle photo within ...you really need to enlarge them for best viewing. I LOVE the Toy Soldier the BEST...it was my favorite.



- - -<><><>- - -





Sunday Stealing: The Can't Sleep Meme

Would it be hard to kiss the last person you kissed?
    Hard, what do you mean hard? What's hard?
When is it hard to kiss someone?
    I dunno....are we on Candid Camera?
You're trapped in a room with your most recent ex for three days, what do you do?
    I don't have an 'ex'...once again.
Does it matter to you if your significant other smokes?
    Nope...the more smokers, the merrier! By the way, what is he smoking?
Have you ever regretted letting someone go?
    Kinda....I let go of one....he was then killed in Viet Nam, during the war.
Where would you go if you were butt naked and locked out of your house?
    I'd probably break into my car and grab the extra coats that are in the trunk...I have beach sandals in there too. And if I couldn't get into the car, I'd run to the neighbors and borrow their iron to smooth out my wrinkles.
Do you want to please everyone?
    No way! I live for myself. A lot o' times my motto is "P!ss on 'em".
Have you ever been called heartless?
    Not that I know of, but I'm sure someone or more than someone pro'lly would say that of me. Did you READ my answer to the previous question?
Someone calls you at 3:00 AM, who do you expect it to be?
    I wouldn't know....the phone is off at night, and on vibrate during the day.
Does it matter if your significant other drinks?
    Cheers!
Could you go the rest of your life without doing drugs?
    Rx? Not for long I imagine.
Which is better, amazing eyes or an amazing smile?
    Smiles...when someone has an amazing smile the eyes sparkle.
Do you want to get married and have children one day?
    I am, I have.
Are you easy to get along with?
    It depends on who I am with....I am choosy I guess.
Do you ever want to go to sleep and not wake up?
    What a question!!!!
Are you shorter than your Mom?
    My mom is no longer here.
Describe your life currently in one word:
    Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious
Are you on medication for anything?
    Blood Pressure & Heart
Who would you allow to read your thoughts for one day?
    The Enquirer Readers
Are there things in your life that you will never be able to get over?
    Several...Frank [the one KIA in Viet Nam...An abusive son in law [no longer connected to my daughter]...loss of my parents...My son's carjacking [let's just say I'm not too keen on the justice system]...My in-laws. Oh gimme a break....I never liked 'em, they didn't like me...it was a mutual accord.
If you woke up naked next to the last person you kissed, what would your reaction be?
    Does the term warm fuzzy give you the picture? Or like the first question, is it too HARD for you to envision?



- - -


UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS

1. Hotter :: than a snake's ass in a wagon rut. [a favorite quote I often use - from Good Morning Viet Nam & Robin Williams]
2. Negotiator :: Movie [Samuel L. Jackson & Kevin Spacey]
3. Crimson :: Tide
4. Loses :: Wins
5. Tide :: Laundry Detergent
6. Alan :: Funt
7. Fool :: and his money are soon parted
8. Pink :: is My Favorite Color [Aerosmith Song]
9. Palm :: Tree
10. Lipstick :: On Your Collar [Connie Francis?]




"Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'."
~Bing Crosby






POSTED: Sunday, December 6th, 2009 Tomorrow is *PEARL HARBOR DAY!!
6:05 A.M.

21 comments :

  1. The Harbor lights celebration looks like fun. I enlarged the photos - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The faces are so happy and beautiful.

    Santa Puppets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds like a lot of fun. I love to see the lights on all the boats, they are always so pretty. They do a wonderful lighted boat parade in Calif. that is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly it's always surprise visitng here! Gorgeous blog, your Mutterings fabulous ... perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. phone off at night is a great idea... "piss on 'em" is a motto everyone should have to be able to enjoy life to the fullest...

    great answers both in sunday stealing and mutterings!

    thanks for checking out my site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Anni.... Great post... Loved the Harbor Lights story... Are you getting any snow? Your meme answers were good but some of the questions were weird weren't they? Have a great day and most of all HAVE FUN!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. your answers are hilarious and I just love your motto:) happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christmas parades.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never liked your in-laws and they didn't like you - you don't know how much I relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel Ya, and to be honest, Bud really wasn't close to his folks either...MY parents 'adopted' him into THEIR hearts. Making up for such 'parents' he really had lost long ago - in their demeanor anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool answers on Sunday stealing..... thnks for sharing the things you can not be able to get over with...I'm wondering if my in laws will ever like me if they get to see me in person

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni,

    What awesome photos. I'm glad you and Bud attended the tree lighting and the parade. It was pretty chilly there though. I hope you were dressed warm.

    Enjoyed your Sunday Stealing and Unconscious Mutterings. Wishing you and Bud a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Ironing out the wrinkles" was a classic! You are WAY too funny! Happy Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do I begin? LOL. Between you, Bud and Bing you set the bar for these meme's I tell ya. I have a new favorite saying and OMG I love it. Hotter then a snakes ass in a wagon rut! I'm in love :). Roflmao. I'm so with you and piss on 'em. Too funny. My sentiments exactly. Iron your wrinkles out is to die for. Well dome my friend. Have a wonderful week ahead and piss on 'em. LOL. You area scream.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You absolutely crack me up! Borrow an iron to smooth out your wrinkles!! OMG. I am so blessed to have discovered your blog. B : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've been busy again this weekend, Anni. I loved the festival photos. Verynice, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni, what a wonderful bunch of mutterings! You crack me up.
    I really enjoyed the lighting of the Christmas tree. The pictures are wonderful. I have to agree that I prefer a real pine tree, but those lights would look stunning reflected in the water's surface.
    That was quite the sunday stealing they had you answer this week. Sometimes things just don't work after your married eh? But then, I read those kinds of things and thank God that I am no longer in college!
    Thanks for stopping by to visit! I've missed coming to see you and what you've been up too. It's been one of those months. I hope that life will send me some sparkle so that I feel like getting out of bed. Or maybe just some caffine will do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL @ Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni this sounds like it was a blast, what fun, the weather sounds like its getting cold there.

    Stay warm.

    Blessings


    »-(¯`v´¯)-»HEIDI»-(¯`v´¯)-»

    ReplyDelete
  20. i loved your meme answers. you've got the right attitude to life i say!

    i too like the traditional christmas goodies, as in 'tree'. but seems modern's won out. most of the 'trees' around here are these arty creations...

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for stopping by my blog.

    it hurts to let go of someone only to have that someone taken from you forever by a cruel twist of fate....

    ReplyDelete

.