my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Click either button to Join


THURSDAY THUNKS...more Halloween [festive] fun....

1. So Halloween is this weekend, if you haven't heard. Are you gonna open your doors up or not? Of course...that's what it's all about, isn't it?

2. You better open 'em cuz I'm coming... what are you putting in my treat bag? Depends [no, not the adult diapers...geez!]...you must do a trick first! If it's good...a chocolate bar...if it's mediocre, a single wrapped Twizzler!

3. Since October is the bestest month for television (well for cable & dish subscribers it is) and there is a horror movie on at any given time of the day - are you sick of them yet? Nope, never. October is THE month to watch horror movies. But now....I'll forgo with movies...there is the World Series to watch. Go Yankees. As of this morning it's Yankees 0 and Phillies 1...booooooo.

4. Which one of those movies can you watch over & over again? Most likely, all of 'em except for Jason and Mr. Kruger.

5. Tell us about a Halloween scare you've had.... Just the one Halloween 5 years ago...we thought we had a ghost in the house...it was Tahoe howling!

6. Did you watch the old Casper cartoons when you were a youngin? Well, back then they weren't old I suppose, but I'm sure you still understand my question. Nope. My favorites were Bugs Bunny & the gang.

7. Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? No...never really looked for one.

8. Haunted Houses... you know, the kinds you pay to get in and they chase you with chainsaws and severed heads.... do you like 'em? When I was younger...much younger. Now don't know if my ol' ticker could handle the stress!

9. Do you use cute cartoon type wrapping paper for Christmas presents or the not cutesy paper? Or are you one of those gift card and/or gift bag people? Not cutesy...tasteful, sometimes foil, and colorful traditional poinsettias and greens and reds!!

10. How long do boiled eggs need to stay in the boiling water before they become hard boiled eggs? 8-10 minutes. Depends on the altitude I'm cooking eggs in....Colorado is a lot different than TX. Well, that actually means to get the water boiling, huh? Duh! Pay no never mind to me....move on to the next question

11. Jason is coming in through your front door... Freddy is coming through your back door... zombies are at every window of the house and Norman Bates is calling to invite you to dinner... what do you do? Go to dinner with Norman. Nothing like a free meal!! Bet he'll do the tipping too, don't you think?


12. Did you know that the scariest part of Halloween is giving all of your Reeses Peanut Butter Cups away? Don't like 'em. But if it were my loss of Hershey's Bar with Almonds or Heath bar...watch out!!

13a. If you were to play a part of a haunted house (not the ghosts in the attic kind), what would you want to be? Some kinda headless bloody creature walking the halls!! Beware!


13b. Have you ever played a part in a haunted house? No


14. If Thursday Thunks had a Halloween party, what do you think Kimber & Berleen would come dressed as? An evil set of siamese twins. I dunno.


15. Do you cook a turkey for Thanksgiving? Yes, and I dine with one too....[kidding!]

16. Have you ever read a book that scared the pants off of you? Well, not literally, I'm not into the horror genre for reading. But I loved the suspense of Grisham's "The Client"...it really wasn't all that scary, but the kid was oh so clever! And so many many more excellent works out there to read.

17. Whats the predicted high temperature for today? In our area? 75. Weather right? We don't grow marajeeweenie in our garden...[the first thing I thought of when I first read 'high'.] Okay, so blast me; I deserve it, I'm sure.

18. Have you ever howled at the moon? Yep...silly me----and guess what? Coyotes actually howled back to me ---we used to live in the desert of Tucson!!

19.You are in an alley and a werewolf and a vampire are coming at you - one of them has to win. Which one do you want to bite you? It depends on who's playing the part? Whichever one is Johnny Depp in costume....I call dibs!!!!



- - -<><><>- - -

* I added ten more photos from the ZOO...on my photo blog yesterday! [I'm saving the 'best' for show on THAT blog....Click HERE [this will open in a new window]

- - -<><><>- - -

THRUSDAY 13

  • 1- A group of unicorns is called a blessing.
  • 2- Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink."
  • 3- A group of frogs is called an army.
  • 4- A group of rhinos is called a crash.
  • 5- A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
  • 6- A group of whales is called a pod.
  • 7- A group of ravens is called a murder.









    Vincent Price
    Edgar Allan Poe's
    "The Raven"






  • 8- A group of officers is called a mess.
  • 9- A group of larks is called an exaltation.
  • 10- A group of owls is called a parliament.
  • 11- A group of barracudas is called a battery.
  • 12- A group of SEAbirds is called a wreck. [chicks: brood] [in flight: flight] [on land: flock] [game birds: volary]
  • 13- A group of coyotes is called a band.


  • BONUS: A group of locusts is called a plague. Hmmmm, quite biblical indeed.



    - - -<><><>- - -

    A History Channel video of the History of Halloween...The Celtic 3000 year old history. The harvest of October to the day/darkness of winter. We watched this program. It was quite interesting. Being Irish, the two of us, this now called Halloween, but once called "Samhain" meaning Summer's End.








    POSTED: Thursday, October 29th, 2009
    12:01 A.M.





    39 comments :

    1. Loved your post, so much about Halloween which is not celebrated in this part of the world!! Catalonia traditionally celebrates a chestnut festival on Oct 31st, that's why :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. And I love your photoblog, but I cannot comment without signing in or following...which I decided not to, in general, it's not because of you!!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Come on over! I'm afraid one of my choices is Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - we love them! But I also have M&M's!
      I loved to watch Casper when I was young!

      ReplyDelete
    4. You are delightfully insane dahling. Wouldn't you take Johnny OUT of costume? Have a great day. B : )

      ReplyDelete
    5. I found 4 leaf clovers when I was young and I keep looking for them now.

      Thursday Thirteen - Fiendish Facts

      ReplyDelete
    6. hiya anni! i must confess. i love casper. still do. but the comic, not the cartoon. and a group of officers being a mess, well, since they're men it's entirely possible, heee heee heeeee

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh dear! You just reminded me I have a half dozen of those four leaf clovers in my handbag! Woops! The kids hit the mother load on the weekend and piled them in my bag! Goodness knows if they have survived the week! LOL! You would be so surprised what one finds in Karisma's hand bag on any given day! hehe! Today I found some lovely shells in there!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Mar Thanks for stopping back after you visited my photo blog!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hahahha I love the "A group of officers is called a mess" maybe its true because they all have to say they are right lol..

      ReplyDelete
    10. I love it that a group of unicorns is called a blessing! =) And a mess of officers is so right! =P A murder of ravens really doesn't do much for their already bad reputation, does it!

      Love your Thursday Thunks, by the way! You've inspired me to finally start playing it too! =)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Betty Oh yes...this "Thunking for Thursday" is a hoot! It's one of my favorites, I look forward to playing along and see just how crazy the questions are, and it gets me in a 'crazy' mood! LOLOL

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hi Anni! Loved your post for today! First, sadly, I guess because I am so exhausted from disassembling everything, and packing and lugging and everything else that goes with moving, that by the end of the day, I remember sitting down to watch the Yankees play last night, and I don't remember one minute of that game! I apparently fell asleep, and I was so mad that I missed it. I found out they lost this morning. )o:> I think the next game is tonight? I don't want to miss it!! I've GOT to get the coffee set and ready!!.. LOVED Vincent Price! I loved Caspar too!.. AND Johnny Depp?.. NOW you're talkin'!!! ~tina

      ReplyDelete
    13. Oh Hootin' Anni....
      You're having way too much fun with this Halloween stuff :)

      Have a great Thursday!
      http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/did-you-know-that-scariest-part-of.html
      You should join us on Monday for Monday Mayhem.

      ReplyDelete
    14. This was great, I really enjoyed it.
      I really like watching the History Channel also
      Have a blessed Thursday.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Anni,

      I enjoyed your post. Great answers. I always wondered why a group of ravens were called a murder. Guess it's because of all the superstition that goes with that bird. We had one living around here a couple of years ago and he didn't do a bit of harm. I kept all bright, shiny objects out of his reach.LOL

      I visited Colors of the Wind and absolutely LOVE the photos of the gorilla. The others are great shots as well.

      Have a wonderful day, my friend
      Blessings,
      Mary

      ReplyDelete
    16. yeah, hissss on the yankees! i love em too so they better SHAPE UP!


      have a spooktacular halloween.

      hugs,

      ReplyDelete
    17. I like the evil Siamese twins idea.
      Have a great day!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Loved today's post. Anni. I've never found a four leaf clover either, but that's probably because I was too busy looking for the pot o' gold. Have a great day. I'm off to slay some dragons.

      ReplyDelete
    19. you dont like reese? good thing hahaha saw just released its 6th installment :) but i havent seen it yet. and i cant wait to see it.

      ReplyDelete
    20. I don't think of ravens as a Halloween thing, but maybe I should. They are certainly spookie enough, and not just in books by Poe.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Fun thunks and I love the 13, not hard to believe a group of officers is called a mess, what else would you call them.

      Calico Contemplations

      ReplyDelete
    22. Good Morning Anni... Great answers today and great information... I would love to see that Halloween special on the beginning of Halloween... Thanks I'll look for it! Have a SPOOKtacular day my friend!

      (((HUGS)))
      Donna

      ReplyDelete
    23. In fact I have never celebrated Halloween, I only do a little decoration because I learned it here on the Blogs and I love it.
      There are no children coming for tricks and treats, but I noticed more and more decorations in the stores and shopping malls and children have now little Halloween parties at school.

      ReplyDelete
    24. What an interesting list....I never knew that a group of unicorns was called a blessing (I think if I saw a group of unicorns I would call it crazy, but that is a whole different story)

      Happy TT! and Happy Halloween!

      ReplyDelete
    25. Oh Annie!
      What a wonderful post. Love it. You are always so enlightening. We always open our doors. All (7) of the grandkids will be here to trick or treat in the neighborhood, and then we usually sit and watch a movie or two. (Halloweenish ofcourse). Even little Bruiser will be dressed up. He likes to sit on the porch with me and hand out the candy. It is always a fun time for him too. Thanks for sharing sweetie. I have missed blogging. Shheeee's baaaccckkk! Much love, Sherry

      ReplyDelete
    26. If you go to dinner with Norman just remember not to say anything bad about his mother. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    27. I dine with a turkey also!! I wonder if ours are related??

      ReplyDelete
    28. I thought it was a murder of crows, maybe it's the same for ravens & crows (?) Hope you have a good Halloween!

      ReplyDelete
    29. I love stopping by here every Thursday. As usual, great posts. Happy T13!

      ReplyDelete
    30. Vincent Price reading the Raven...no one could do it better than him!! I so enjoyed your Thursday Thunks and once again you had me giggling at some of your answers:-) I'm loving tv this month, I don't usually watch tv but in October I have it on all evening so that I can watch whatever horror movie is playing. I'm a die hard horror movie fan:-) Heyyyy, not fair calling first dibs on Johnny Depp!!! hehe xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    31. This is one of the most fascinating blogs I have ever read-so jam-packed full of information and facts-I never knew I could learn so much from being a blogger! So glad I found you!
      I am coming back to visit very soon as I can't wait to see how you decorate your page after Halloween.
      Best wishes and Happy Halloween, NM.

      ReplyDelete
    32. I have lived in this house for 16 years and have not gotten a trick or treater. I found my first 4 leaf clover pressed in a book I bought at a used book sale. The second one I found in my brother's wallet after he died. The third one was given to me by a friend who picked it and thought it was not lucky. Her father died a few days later.

      ReplyDelete
    33. Most of those I didn't know for your Thursday 13 I especially liked the Unicorn Blessing!

      ReplyDelete
    34. Very interesting video about Halloween. Thanks for sharing it. Happy Halloween!!

      Debbie

      ReplyDelete
    35. Love those "Group of" facts you shared! I feel smarter!

      ReplyDelete

    .