my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





For Sunday's Meme posts, scroll down below photo of me post...



[look on my right shoulder] Yesterday, when I mentioned that I had long, long hair at one time, someone said they'd like to see that...well, this is the only photo of me I could find in my computer's photo album folder. Of a time when I had long hair ..now in this photo, I had recently had my hair trimmed some [like about 6 inches taken off] - before that haircut, the hair length went down to my waist... real close to my belt line]. The photo was taken after we moved here from Tucson nearly 5 years ago. Most of the time I usually wore it rolled up with a butterfly comb in back or braided in one single French braid down the middle of my back...Shortly after this photo was taken, I had it cut; cut really short! [My hair is tucked in my ball cap. We were getting ready to drive to Rockport Texas that day, to take a day off from 'settling' into our home...still trying to 'move in'. It was a beautiful, balmy winter's day, and I was going to be driving...so, the ball cap was worn to keep my hair from blowing in my face while the windows were open.] Oh ya....ummmm, one of my favorite football shirts also! LOL GO BRONCOS!!!

[the photo is watermarked].







Last Sunday, I shared my answers to Sunday Stealing [Part One] Today, it's the last of the ONE LONG Meme...


Sunday Stealing: One Long Meme (Part Two)

27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? I'd rather eat! They say 'eat to live not live to eat'...that is a difficult task for me...I love to cook, and eat what I cook...and I love to go out to dine...sleep doesn't come easily...it's probably all the cookin' and eatin' y's'pose?

28. Do you look like your mom or dad? Ummmm. look on the sidebar with the sepia photos I have here on my blog....I look in the mirror and sometimes it freaks me out....I see mom!!!

29. How long does it take you in the shower? Depends...if I've worked in the flowers and yard...I take a longer shower. If we're going out....I'm not that stinky, so it's usually a quick 'wash down'....it depends. Prol'ly between 15 minutes to 25 minutes.

30. Can you do the splits? I do up one fantastic split....three scoops of vanilla ice cream, pecans, hot fudge, bananas, chocolate chip cookie crumbs and top it off with cool whip. Oh and I always purchase 'fat free' ice cream. Savvy?!!! Gotta cut calories somewhere! By the way...I USED to be able to do the splits!!! Physically.

31. What movie do you want to see right now? I'm waiting for "9" to come out to DVD [it's in the theaters now], and I am counting down to November 6th of this year, I want to see Disney's 3-D Christmas Carol...and then, I think in March of next year...I want to see Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland. Movies of today, don't appeal to me much. We just watched one I wanted to see...Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. Very good...comparing to so many other movies these days that cater to teens.

32. What did you do for New Year’s? That was nine months ago!! Lordy....but'cha wanna know? I can answer that in one word...Slept!!!

33. Do you think The Grudge was scary? Dumb, dumber and dumbest!!!

34. Do you own a camera phone? Yes

35. Was your mom a cheerleader? My mom? No You shoulda asked if I WAS a cheerleader.... I tried out...guess I wasn't popular enough for votes!!! My answer if you woulda asked me if I WAS would still be a no. So, I was part of the Booster Club....sexy high school Lettermen....oh ya, baby!!!

36. What’s the last letter of your middle name? I don't have a middle name...it's Hootin' Anni...plain and simple. Yep, you're right on your assumption also...I AM plain and simple. [minded]

37. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Sometimes 4, sometimes 6 but most times 7 to eight. Bed at 10 up by 5 or 6...sometimes it's 4 a.m. wake up time for me tho.

38. Do you like Care Bears? Dunno....never paid attention to 'em. I know ONE Care Bear in Colorado tho...she's a doll-face!!!

39. What do you buy at the movies? Popcorn...large...with layers of butter!!! A large Sprite. [sometimes if I'm flush with extra cash on me...it'll be the two mentioned AND Jr. Mints!!]

40. Do you know how to play poker? GOT CHIPS!!!?!!! You betcha!!!! Love the game. 5 card or 7 card stud are my favorite games, but I've played 7 card no peek, Dr. Pepper [that is 10s 2s and 4s are wild] Baseball poker [3's will make you fold....9s are wild and 4s give you an extra card ---but you only play with five for a winning hand]....love poker!!!

41. Do you wear your seat belt? Yes...tho I think the law is against your civil rights....if only I could find a not so pansy lawyer to fight the justice system.

42. What do you wear to sleep? That is for me to know....sorry.

43. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? LOLOLOL....I think my 'hometown', being that that is where anyone is BORN, probably isn't even on the map let alone anything happening. Too funny.

44. How many meals do you eat a day? Two full meals...but I snack all day long on fruit and juice and water.

45. Is your tongue pierced? No...and it's not forked either!!!

46. Do you always read MySpace bulletins? I don't do "My Space"

47. Do you like funny or serious people better? Funny!!!! Serious people are just well....way too serious. I want to smack 'em down and tell 'em to 'live a little....lighten up'!

48. Ever been to L.A.? Yes....a few times....Once I went outside to smoke a cigarette there...and the maitre d said "You want to go OUTSIDE?" "In L.A.?"....I will never forget that. To me it was odd at the time...but when I did go outside, the air was green with pollution. Seriously...like pea soup. And people who live there are concerned about 2nd hand smoke? Oh lordy....Don't know how they can stand the air in that city.

49. Did you eat a cookie today? No....too early. Catch me later.

50. Do you use cuss words in other languages? In Spanish!!!! Si!!!!

51. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? I get the 'freebies' on Imeem.

52. Do you hate chocolate? Are you kidding me? Chocolate is one the four basic food groups at my house!!

53. What do you and your parents fight about the most? My parents are both gone. Long ago. And when they WERE around, we didn't fight. I respected my elders...at all times!! I knew better than to sass them.

54. Are you a gullible person? No no nope!! But today, I am...I'm gullible enough to do two day's worth of LONG memes on Sunday.

55. Do you need a girlfriend to be happy? LOL....I AM a girl...geez.

56. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what what would it be? I've always wanted to try to direct the big jumbo jet planes in the airport's tarmacs. [tarmacadam]...wearing the headphones and all...with the batons, doing a little jive dance here and there....make those cute pilots like me a little better...Cool!

57. Are you easy to get along with? For the most part....but don't p!ss me off....I come unglued then.

58. What is your favorite time of day? Morning...before sunrise! I love those quiet hours when no one is up...the outdoors is as still as a church mouse....and no traffic sounds....just me and silence.



- - -<><><>- - -




1. Disconnect :: Unplug
2. Contribute :: Charity
3. Dismay :: Dishearten
4. Constant :: Continual
5. Nails :: Finger
6. Vibrate :: Quiver
7. Therapy :: Session
8. Stupid :: Fool
9. Poo :: Winnie [I know, it's POOH...but it's the first thing that came to my mind---that's the idea of this meme, right?]
10. Commune :: Waco [as in Texas...Mount Carmel..."the Davidians"]





POSTED: Sunday, September 20th, 2009
4:45 A.M.





32 comments :

  1. Great answers! Saw you at Lady Hightower's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure had long hair. looks beautiful. i'm so so tempted to cut mine at the moment, but i'm so so in 2 minds....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've sure played lots of poker. Good answers, I'm looking forward to Alice In Wonderland too. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, you do really look like your mom.

    thanks for dropping by at my blog and commented.

    A blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to eat too actually, and dining out, and I like your last answer - just me and the silence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks for posting the picture and for #38 - too fun! Care Bear loved the little critters when she was little and conned people into buying her another stuffed one every time she went to Walgreen's - thus, her blog name. She is definitely a character and adorable.

    Love the picture and the shirt! Hope they win again today!

    You are definitely the queen of memes - you always have your own twist on the answers, for sure. Some of the questions are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW - just going to Denver for the women's conference on my birthday. We're staying in a nice hotel and walking to the Pepsi Center for the Friday night and all day Saturday sessions. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you used to do splits physically? I'm in awe. Plus, a banana split. cool. does it come in sugarfree flavors too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on mine, don't ever let me play p[oker with you though, I said I could play but now I'm not so sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your banner. i think i like this one the best!

    ever toss the box of jr mints into the box of popcorn & shake it up. mmmmmmmm that little bite of mint every now & then is super with the popcorn! really. it's great!

    and boy, u sure are thin! i'll just bet your tiny too!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answers, Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We share a love of the very early morning hours. I loved your other answers as well. Enjoy the day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a really cute picture.
    Have a nice Sunday..;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have always been beautiful my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 50. Do you use cuss words in other languages? In Spanish!!!! Si!!!!

    ME WANAN LEARN TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chocolate is THE basic food group in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the picture of you in the ball cap. Very fun to see how you've changed, mainly the hair. I also had long hair in my yonger days, until my pregnancies took their toll. Now I consider it long if it reaches my shoulders. It's sad to loose hair, but it sure is great to only have to put half the hair up into a ponytail!
    I didn't thing anyone out their would come up with Wacco Texas!!! When my husband said David Koresh I looked at him and said "Who's that?" I guess great minds think alike!
    Thanks so much for visiting today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni,

    Your meme made me chuckle, especially # 57. Also liked the one about fighting with your parents. We would have died!!! No respect today. Back then we either had it or it was knocked into us. LOL And it didnt hurt us one bit, other than our pride. It taught us RESPECT.

    Also liked the one about what snacks you eat at the movies. Brandon loves popcorn, a soda and yes, Junior Mints.

    The picture of you and your long hair reminds me of when mine hung to my waist. I never wore my hair short until I was almost 40.

    Enjoyed my visit, as always. You and Bud have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful answers! Some very cheeky ones there. I like cheek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You made me laugh and I love laughing. The split that answer was classic and the poker boy ohhhh boy do I wish I can sit and play.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just had to come back and tell you that I love your pictures of your parents. I love to know how everyone lived there childhood. Beautiful mom you have.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anni- next time you go to the movies call me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great photo of you with long hair. I must say I like the shorter look myself. Don't piss you off LOL. Love it. And no forked tongue...I wish I could say the same ROFLMAO. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. No middle names! YAY!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You definitely are a HOOT Annie. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Hope to see you again soon.
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete
  26. OOPS! Don't you just hate it when someone misspells your name. Sorry Anni!!!!
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete
  27. i am sure you would love gran torino, i've seen it, 'was a good movie :-).

    happy sunday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Anni, i love your answers. I love chocolates too!

    Your best time in a day sounds nice too as ive also experienced that during a camp meeting.

    Thank for passing and reading my answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like the way you have your hair in your profile picture. It looks very nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. cool mutterings and meme!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey, you look cute in that photo. I had long hair too but had the chop when I reached 47. It was about time.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry I got here late Anni, loving no's 30 and 52. As for 58, I try and do that sometimes at weekends, but for some reason end up being asleep! (Maybe the late late nights eh). Love your autumn banner. Hope you're having a great week :)
    x Mouse

    ReplyDelete

.