my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out



Click either button to Join



THURSDAY THUNKS

Q A 90 year old man's dying wish in South Carolina was to be buried in his car. If you were told tomorrow you have 3 weeks to live, would you have any dying wishes or something special done before you died?

A. At one time I even said I wanted to be buried in MY CAR! But that was long ago when I was stupid and young. Golly, was it EVER a long time ago....at least two or three years it's been since I was young. Something special huh?----my dying wish would be to die without pain. Not suffer those 3 weeks.



Q. Do you pay for more stuff using a credit/debit card or cold hard cash?

A. I hate to say this, but I don't do credit...and I don't do cold hard cash either. Make sense of it? You see, I only carry one card...that's debit. "Don't leave home without it". If the establishment doesn't accept it...they don't get any of my business. It's that simple.


Q. What's cuter- a baby lizard or a baby snake?

A. That's like asking me if I like the taste of phlegm better than snot!!! I do not like snakes baby or grown, I do not like them, this is known. I won't like them in this lifetime, I don't even like them in this rhyme. And I do not like any snake jam, I do not like 'em Jake I am!!! Now, baby lizards...that depends. The small gecko like lizards [even the green slimy ones in our yard] are tolerable...but they ARE reptiles. So...there you have it. My answer: I'd rather taste a booger.


Q. You go out to eat by yourself at a restaurant. While waiting for your food do you people watch & easedrop [you mean eavesdrop, right?] on others conversations, read a book, use a laptop or chat with people around you?

A. More than likely, if I'm alone, I'll order it 'to go'....but if I happen to sit down to order and stay for the meal...I'd ask for a window seat and watch outdoors through the window and let the world pass me by...or read. Easedrop or Eavesdrop....I'm not into the gossipy lifestyle.

Q. If you see someone walking around with toilet paper stuck to their shoe, do you tell them or just laugh?

A. Oh oh...it looks to me like someone squeezed the charmin too much here. I'd laugh and go on my merry way. Let someone else do the 'dirty work' and tell 'em.

Q. You are talking to someone you just met but you can't understand them at all because of their accent. Do you tell them you can't understand them or just smile and nod?

A. For me, accents are great. Y'all know that by now, don'tcha huny chi'l?!! Languages would have been my 2nd major if I didn't drop out of college to marry....So, I would smile and nod prol'ly 'cause it would be a challenge to myself to get their meaning through it all. And I can read lips also. So, that helps!!


Q. Mudfest! Park filled with pools of mud and an obstacle course of mud. Do you go and play in the mud?

A. DAM straight I would....I don't wanna grow up. I'd even start a mud fight to be sure. I'd make a great politician these days...I'd be in there with the mudslinging at a high velocity. Look out Dick....as in Chen*y!!!!!


Q. Have you ever had a headache so bad it effected your vision?

A. No, but I've had visions that would cause anyone a headache.

Q. Would you fit in more with the circus, Hollywood, Broadway, or comedy circuit types?

A. C*medy Centr*l, here I come. My first act would be entitled: "You been here 4 OWah!!" See if I can fit that all in...you see, I'm eating alone at a restaurant ---all you can eat of course, and ran out of napkins so I'm using the toilet paper I found stuck on my shoe when I tried to stomp on the baby lizard on the tile floor..only to talk to the people next to me that happen to be of the Asian persuasion; with an accent..and they keep shaking there heads in disbelief when I go back for more....yep, I've been there four HOURS!! And pay after a long time....with my DEBIT!! I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals!! No wonder so many suffer from headaches knowing me.





<><><>

13 plays on words:

Seriously, these thirteen just may tie into the "thunks" 'cause you really have to think --you need to use your ol' 'thunker' on these!! Oh, gimme a break...I'm on a roll!! Just, read on.....

  1. A dog not only has a fur coat but also pants.

  2. A bicycle can't stand alone because it is two-tired.

  3. The definition of a will is: It's a dead giveaway.

  4. A backward poet writes inverse.

  5. With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.

  6. The man who fell into an upholstery machine was fully recovered.

  7. He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

  8. Those who jump off a Paris bridge are in Seine.

  9. When an actress saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she' d dye.

  10. I work as a baker because I knead dough.

  11. Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.

  12. Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat.


  13. And the last one ---

  14. In a word, there is more to a woman than a man.




<><><>

I received a very nice award yesterday...from Sherry. You certainly made my day sweet lady. Thank you ever so much!!!







POSTED: early for Thursday, September 10th, 2009
12:01 A.M. [5:47 PM]
Note: Toilet Paper image from Photobucket.

39 comments :

  1. Boogers = YUCK!! Lol..Happy almost Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing so much here, I can't see what I'm typing! lol Oh Anni, you do my heart good, girl. Thoroughly enjoyed your answers to the questions...like you, I pretty much always pay with my debit card. As for prefering to taste a booger...gag...that reminded me of a friend's little boy who was forever eating his boogers and if I happened to see it, it was gag city for me! lol Omigod now I can't get that picture out of my mind....gagggggggggggggggg!

    Loved your play on words!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the ability to make folks laugh. It's a real gift, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who makes up these questions??? You do them great justice!

    I am so glad to know the clouds produced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good answers this week, anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your analogy on Q3! neither is the best answer! lol! i carry around my debit card too in case i ran out of cash :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! i'd have to seriously consider debit card. At least, that's the best way to budget.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...you visions cracked me up. I'm so with ya on the debit card :) Great answers. Your 13 is fantastic. I can't even pick out a favorite though I'm leaning towards 12 :) Have a great Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thom I like the 'dead giveaway' best, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. debit card. way to go! and i hope you got some rain by now?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet you'd be great on Comedy Central. Your posts are witty, interesting and honest. I enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good list and questions .. I guess it won't matter too much when I'm gone just tuck up all those double chins..sk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Glad I stopped by.
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Anni-
    What happened to Thursday 13 anyway?

    Buried in your car would have been interesting.

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/thunking-about-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't do credit either... its debit or cash, but usually debit as I never have more than a few bucks on me at any given time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh i forgot that...i also dont wanna suffer before i die ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder how toilet paper arrived in the shoe ?? my father had it once hanging out of his fly, but I didn't tell him, it was too funny especially because he had such a snobbish look (hehehe)

    Nice 13ers, to jump in the Seine is in seine is good, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  19. You sure do know how to make a person laugh. I would bet you would do good on Comedy Central.
    I use debit also.
    I also wanted to be buried in my Purple Car, but I know that would take up to much of the yard.LOL
    I just don't want to suffer with pain those last few weeks.
    Great play on words.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    T-13 post for today is up now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anni,

    Here I sit laughing my heart out. You certainly do brighten my day. All of this definitely took talent, my friend. You never cease to amaze me. You've just made my day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. My brother used to eat booger when he was still young!! LOL =D Great answers Anni! Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great 13... loved the word play! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't like mud, but sand is another story. I'm thinking of having a big adult sand box in my yard.

    I love a good play on words.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved your snake rhyme. lol
    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hilarious again Anni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Thunk responses are funny and I love your 13 plays on words.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're answers are definitely creative and way too funny! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Recovered.

    I'm groaning and grinning all at once. I don't even want to think about what that makes me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH MY GOOD LORD!!!
    you are a master mind Anni!

    wooo hoooo!
    everything is so darn kick ass and that no.13 it just blew me off :D

    wonderful!
    exemplary!


    Click here for my Thursday 13

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute! Thanks for the giggle!

    Regarding your question about the candles, if you have a Cracker Barrel nearby they sell the as does Hallmark stores. They are great candles!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun answers! Thanks for stopping by my thunks!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good take Anni..Happy T13.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great great word plays. Thanks for the laughs with the Thunks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your word plays are hilarious! My favorites:

    'Those who jump off a Paris bridge are in Seine.' - LOL!

    'Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.' - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  36. ROFL--Love number 8 (in seine), even though it's actually pronounced "sen," not "sane." Just sayin'. ;)

    Thanks for visiting today's post on Madison!

    WordTrix

    ReplyDelete
  37. a very neat T13 list! I didn't really check how is Seine pronounced. Now I think I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hazel Most people say "sane" but in all actuality, the French pronounce is Sen...very nasal.

    ReplyDelete

.