“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







Click either button to Join




Heavy, HEAVY clouds swirling above our home on a dark and stormy day!! [A short... 21 seconds to be exact..., Wordless, video I took and uploaded to You Tube...with not so good sound effects!! LOL, but look, just LOOK at the clouds rolling past me!]






<><><>


Today is the ninth day in the ninth month of the ninth year of the millennium! Well, if you consider the year 2000 as the first in the millennium anyway. Okay. I said it. Thing is, there are some deep, provocative, thoughts associated with the number nine throughout our learning process. For instance:
    Any grade-schooler could tell you, for example, that the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9. Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9. Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)... Not only does the date look good in marketing promotions, but it also represents the last set of repeating, single-digit dates that we'll see for almost a century (until January 1, 2101), or a millennium (mark your calendars for January 1, 3001), depending on how you want to count it. Though technically there's nothing special about the symmetrical date, some may be concerned with the history and meaning of numbers, and ascribe powerful significance to 09/09/09. For some cultures the number nine is lucky, Sept. 9 is anticipated either way - while others might see the date as an ominous warning. Like the apocalypse...with the opening day of the anticipated movie "9". It also represents the last set of repeating, single-digit dates that we'll see for almost a century (until January 1, 2101), or a millennium (you may want to mark your calendars for January 1, 3001 - roflmao), depending on how you want to count it. Yes, I know I repeated this....afterall, I said something to the effect of this being the last repeated set, right?






POSTED: Wednesday, September 9th, 2009
12:12 A.M.

28 comments :

  1. Hi Anni!
    Wow...those are some clouds.
    We have had the most boring summer here- weatherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you what I'm so loaded up with facts and figures now I feel like Einstein LOL :)Wonderful post. Those clouds are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really interesting. I hadn't realized it was 9/9/9 today until you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo, so many 9's... and maths.... anni, that doesn't work for me, heee heee heee. but thanks, now i can tell people all this and appear real smart, giggle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious rain! What a beautiful sight to behold. As for the numbers, math makes me crazy lol. Interesting facts, but I'll take your word for it haha! Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am not really one that believes in superstitions, for me ocurrences like the 09/09/09 is a piece of art!

    It's just like an eclipse of the sun or the moon! It just happens once in a long while and we are privilege to be witnesses to such rare occurrence.

    All I can say is, "Thank You Lord for sparing my life to see the 9th day of the 9th month in the 9th year".

    Beautiful post.

    Hope you are good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always DID like the nines...never could "dress-to-them" though.

    Thanks Annie.
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, you always find something interesting to post. Don't think I'll be around in a millenium unless something very weird happens. LOL

    Great shot of the storm clouds. We've had some lovely weather but rain is to move in today for the rest of the week.

    Wishing you a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this date, today-- and I'am amazed by what ' ve learnt from you on this 9th of the 9th. I had only realized that all multiples of nine sum nine which is quite the same 9/18/27/36//45/56/72/81.
    Btw I love your new template!
    Thanks for your comment yesterday.
    Sweet hug and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a stay inside, look outside kind of day. Oh, yes, definitely will mark my calendar for those special dates! Funny!

    http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/09/ww-bubba-teeth.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's hoping those were productive clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome clouds!
    I had no idea about the 09/09/09's of the millennium but because of your post I will be sharing that info with others. Interesting.
    Your new blog header is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are the kind of clouds that cause me to burrow deeply under the covers!

    (Love your new header!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I was at the bank this morning and saw 9.9.09 I thought it was VERY cool : ) Those clouds look magnificent. This has totally been the summer of the skies hasn't it? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I noticed that when I was post dating checks this weekend. 9/9/09
    We had storms here yesterday, too. A nice rainfall. A couple of power brown outs that messed up the clocks, tripped the breakers.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is such an awesome place to visit, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ! what scary clouds !
    Maths have always been a nightmare to me, but I remember that on the 5.5.55 I had a special control test in math !!! See how traumatized I am !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting facts on 9/9/09!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your video of storm clouds. What's the scoop on 10-10-10 :-). Have a great day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't belive those clouds! That was incredible. Oh and what a cool post on 9!
    If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at http://cakecrumbs-heidi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You got me thinking...thanks. 9-9-09 Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday! Currently we are having heavy rain, thunder and hail!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We got the rain from those clouds today. Well, maybe not those clouds, but we have had a much needed, much appreciated rain.

    Wouldn't be great to be having a baby today, or getting married today or someother event that you could write 09/09/09 for. I may have to write a check to pay some bill just so I can write that officially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool Video loved the thunder claps, we (folks where I live) call dates like this 09/09/09 a golden anniversary we will never see the specific day again makes things interestingly infinite. Have a great WW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nines are very big in magical systems, too. It will be interesting to see if anything earth-shaking happens before the day is out.

    Interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW ... methinks I'd enjoy some 'weather' about now ... it's just too HOT and dry where I am. That said ... I loved your piece about the date ... very kewl ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cloud video. I love the way storm clouds look.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni, Love your new header...I hope the clouds brought the much needed rain, I wish they are at my house. We are now completely out of grass for our goats and there is rain predicted for the next 2 days, but you know how that goes.

    Hope you had a great Wednesday.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  28. That was a very interesting post. I did not realize most of those facts. Thanks. Your rolling clouds are really rolling. Glad I stumbled on to your blog. I like the outdoor Wednesday. I will try and participate this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

.