my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!




Click either button to Join


As Will Smith says in Men in Black....
"This is the best of the best of the best!!" Here we are, lazing on the beach, enjoying the scenery, the sounds, the salt air! We sat up our beach chairs to spend a few hours on the sand while reading our books...taking in some rays, listening to the surf lull us into relaxation...just making the most of the warm sun. After a while, I get up to move around, walk some along the beach. I walk for about half n hour, and turn around to return and read more. As I approach where we parked, ummmmm....I walk up on this guy who looked familiar! Was he snoring? Yes indeedy!!!! So much for the beautiful sea.... And, shhhhhh, he doesn't know I posted this of him. I'll get into so much trou-u-u-u-ble!! Hehehehe. Ask me if I care. If I had a dollar each time I ticked him off with my silly antics, I'd be rich. Rich, I tellya!!!


What happens in blogland....STAYS in blogland, right?!! I got your word on it?!! I see you shaking your head with a positive motion in agreement!!! [Wait! I do see some of you with your fingers crossed! No fair!!]


- - -<><><>- - -


A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and lose), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM." He left it where he knew she would find it. The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't come to wake him up, when he noticed a piece of paper by his bedside. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."


Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.





POSTED: Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009
12:10 A.M.

37 comments :

  1. Enjoying the last few days of Summer at the beach? :P

    I adore your header! I wish I know how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful new header. Excellent as a matter of fact. *says with fingers crossed :) LOL. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, that is vicious.... the note, that is, hee heee heeeee. and now it's time for me to laze, and fall asleep, on the beach. if only...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mum's the word!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL and in addition, he probably swears that he doesn't snore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new header is beautiful. LOve it
    Thank you for visiting.I read your tutorial but I am not good enough to understand.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture! I'm sworn to silence - but what a giggle I got! I love the story too, and have heard it before - too good!

    As for being cold - we've been freezing the last two days and it's been in the 40s and 50s - it seems so much colder than that. I can imagine how cold you must feel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute photo. I love the joke too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you snuck the photo in! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. this post made me giggle. excellent shot...i hope he'd give you a big kiss when he discovers this.:P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your header and that story...he got what he deserved. LOL Thanks for visiting, see ya later. Mumzie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. At last! Someone who would understand. If I had a dollar for every time I heard my family say "you'd never know you were from Canada" I'd be rich too. Okay, slight exaggeration but I've heard it enough times I think I could be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was LOL!!!

    Thanks for coming by for a visit.

    blessings on your day
    barbara jean

    PS Hope you warm up. =0))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah now that is a picture of a man truly at rest! I love the joke, Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning Anni,
    It is still hot in Georgia, so maybe that is why the Mockingbird flew to my backyard..

    I would catch a snooze myself if I was relaxed on the beach!!!The sounds of water are too relaxing!!

    Thanks for your visit to my place today.
    Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the shot - he seems to be enjoying the outdoors,though!! - and the joke!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good moring.

    Love the banner you have up for fall.
    I actually painted that a few years ago. (it was on a card)
    took forever!

    blessings.

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  19. how relaxing!!! u changed your layout? me like it! :)

    mine is up too

    ReplyDelete
  20. no, you're not a wuss. last time i looked, cool is cool and cool isn't warm, and warm is nice and comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Annie, You are a hoot. I love the new header for Fall sweetie. It is so beautiful and colorful. Just love it!!!

    She wrote it on a piece of paper. I love that. I will have to remember that one. Too cute. I love the pic of your handsome DH snoring? SHHHH! What happens here stays here. Love it.

    Thanks for stopping by. I love to see your smiling face sweetie. Take care my sweet friend. Country hugs and love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your new header, have a great day. Great post.

    Stay strong with that weather lol, its been in the 100's here, I love cold weather, better to be cold and bundle up than hot and have to take it off and be sweaty :0)

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll never tell,lol. Great pic. Very funny joke. I love the header. Great Emily quote.8-)
    Thanks for stopping by.
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your fall background

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your new header is something else!! Im loving it.

    Always fun to come to your blog.

    If you get a chance please stop by and say hi!

    TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm going to be chuckling for the remainder of the day. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Anni. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are absolutely right.
    Men does not fall asleep, until when they should wake up.

    We have 4 kittens, do they react the same way?
    http://toraa.blogspot.com/2009/09/kittens-are-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your new header! And your secret is safe with me! LOL wish I could enjoy the beach with you and the sleeping Hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL! I loved the photo ( why do men sleep with their mouths open?) and the joke!

    I've visited Corpus Christi -- beautiful bay and a nice aquarium there.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni,

    Your new fall look is gorgeous. Your blog is always in tune with the seasons.

    Love the photo of Bud taking some Zzzzs. I promise not to tell. I do the same thing to Dwight. He doesn't know half the photos I post of him on here. He would have a FIT. LOL What they don't know won't hurt them.

    Glad you two got out to do a bit of sun basking and reading.

    It's been nice here the last couple of days, but quite humid. This is more like summer than the weather we had in July. However, the leaves are beginning to turn and there is evidence of fall everywhere. Come up here in a couple of months and you will think 50 is warm. By then it should be around zero or less.

    Take care and thanks for sharing the joke. It made me chuckle.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wear shorts when it's in the 50's because I think that's warm enough! LOL I guess with the old "power surges", they keep me warm enough!!! Sheesh! I'm always hot, what can I say. *snicker* hehe

    Awww mannnnn, you could see me cross my fingers??? Ok, ok, I swear I won't tell Bud you posted a picture of him sleeping on the beach...honest...whistling innocently.

    ROFL love that joke, nope men are not equipped for these kind of contests at all! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. You better come and visit Michigan. It's sunny and warm here today - mid 70's.
    I'll never tell - you keep my secrets and I'll keep yours! Love the story too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I know off topic but the new header/template is amazing I just love it!
    Isn't that what your supposed to do at the beach relax right. I cannot wait to be there without kids so I can too!
    Happy WW
    please see mine here
    http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/09/23/wordless-wednesday-faces/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your secret is safe with me! Great post, loved the joke.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  35. So funny.
    I am ready for some cooler weather. I love to wear long pants and sweats.
    Love the new blog look.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hehe, that's a nice picture ! I am a little late, I spent two days with son and DIL in the Ardennes, where they are on holidays, sorry !

    ReplyDelete

.