my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


HEADS OR TAILS...scroll below this section....



Join Here

Once again, the two of us were out and about yesterday. We really had no certain destination but we had on our list to get some canned cat food for our furbabies. Bud mentioned that he'd like to go to Half Price Books to see if he could find a book that was listed in the back of the bibliography of the book he had home, reading. So, we ended up there. I, on the other hand, didn't have any books to look for this time...I ended up over at the craft books and crochet books aisle. I couldn't find anything that was interesting. I went over to check to see if he was ready to leave, to see if he had found his book and on the way around the store I spotted this huge bin of metal signs! There were gazillions!!! Mostly of Betty Boop, Budweiser, and the Three Stooges. Nearing the end of the stack, I spotted this one...The Lady in Red!! Ruby Red. An old vintage Coca Cola Advertisement that I've seen going through old magazines like LIFE and Ladies Home Journal.Isn't she pretty? I love the colors in this! I couldn't just leave her. In fact, I looked over my shoulder to make sure that no one was just behind me to take it from me if I left her...to go find Bud. On 2nd thought, I grabbed the sign out and carried it with me....paid for it, and we left. Bud, of course, being the man that he is, asked me: "Where are you gonna hang this one?" I ignored him. He put it in the trunk and we drove off. Secretly all the time I was thinking "Anni, just where the heck are you gonna put it once you get it home?" Well, whatever! I love the deep ruby richness of her Victorian style...her dress, her hat! And to have a complexion of ivory like that....oh in my dreams!! But, she's home here with me, and I'll go get me a couple of small nails and put her where her eyes can follow me around the room. Have a Coke and a Smile!!!


<><><>





Join Here

Wow....not often do I find myself speechless. Bud can contest to that. He'll shake his head in agreement that I talk 'too much' and never shut up!! Yesterday afternoon, I was checking my blog comments and Barb [aka Skittles from Skittles Place] left a very nice comment. And she informed me that for Heads or Tails, my blog is the featured blog of the month. What could I say. I choked to be sure. Wow, just wow. I've never had that experience before. Not only do I want to thank Barb for the kindness....but I also want to thank her [and all my Tuesday visitors] for making Heads or Tails a lot of fun. [insert clearing the frog in my throat]....this is quite embarrassing. You see, I had my Heads or Tails done on the prompt "Note" beforehand. Now, I'm not so sure I really WANT to have such a bit of goofing off on the "NOTE" I chose....but, then again, I think a lot of you have come to expect just that from me most times. So, I'll stick with my original idea and blog for HoT.......

this week's prompt: NOTE

NOTEworthy!!!! - Breaking News - this just in

A study in Wisconsin showed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ depending on where a woman is in her menstrual cycle.




For instance: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features; and if she is menstruating, she is more prone to be attracted to a man with scissors shoved in his temple and a bat jammed up his a$-$.









By the way, my favorite
note is B-flat. [insert giggles]





Posted: August 11th, 2009
12:01 A.M.

40 comments :

  1. Congrats on being the featured blog of the month, well deserved. You made me laugh, as always with the type of male face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT...Congrats on being the featured blog of the month. What an honor and very well deserved. I loved the Breaking News...YIKES...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn anni, and here i thought you were being serious about our choice in men.....

    i love coca cola, and needless to say, i love your purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very beautiful old coca cola addvertisement and pic !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comgrats Sweet Annie!
    It doesn't surprise me, you always have a great post. Your blog is so delightful and happy and I love to come here for a little education and a little bit of happiness. Amy went to surgery yesterday, the outcome was not good. You will have to come and read my post. My heart is very heavy today. Yesterday was a long day and last night was a long night. I am so exhausted and have work this morning. I will talk later. Love you, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahahahaha!!!! That's all.. just Hahahahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that coca cola pic too, congrats you deserve it, you have a very nice and interesting post, I love your header also so cute.

    Thanks for the visit..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting featured!! And the woman thing? Well, that's just h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!!!!

    God bless,
    Sallie
    http://www.mikeandsallie.com/sallie

    ReplyDelete
  9. O! my gosh! well done to you! I loved the photos "old world is my style!"

    Lee-ann

    (ps) Have you had enough of summer yet??? I want some!! I am so tired of winter down here so come and get it!! please (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, ROFLMAO! Love that joke about women menstruating! Your Ruby Tuesday post is also just grand. Love the old, antique pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the story you have shared of your day out and about and the happy ending of finding the book and the Lady in Red. She is a beauty. Good for you for bringing her home and worrying about the where of it all later.

    OK. I was totally sucked in by the attraction story. I'm fast forwarding mentally to "oh, if we are post-men, does that mean we aren't attacted anymore?" and then I read the punchline. Egads!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni,

    Your Coke lady is beautiful. Such lovely colors and yes, her complexion is to die for. You are a lucky lady to have found her.

    Congratulations on having your blog featured for the month. That is terrific.

    Have a great day, my friend. Glad you and Bud got out for a bit.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my, that was a great start to my morning - every bit of this post. You surely deserve the award! Your 'lady' is so beautiful - that hat is gorgeous. Thanks for the visit...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't blame you for bringing that gorgeous metal sign, it really is beautiful. You're like me, I buy and then worry after where I'm going to put it! lol

    Congratulations on the well deserving award, dear Anni:-) As for your Noteworthy bit of news...LMAO! That's just about right! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find it always best to hide sharp and heavy objects at times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing beats a fun, spontaneous purchase! Congrats on having your blog featured.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hysterical! Congrats on being the feature of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love old Coca Cola signs! It is true about woman's preference to man's faces - I read about the study few months ago and tried to observe my own behavior - true :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Lady is quite pretty! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ida bought her too! She's a beauty.Hello to a fellow crocheter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reminder to self: never take a drink of water when reading Annie's heads or tails. LOL

    Congrats on the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  22. First off I love the sign! I would have bought it too... and I have no where it could live without some big time reorg project.

    And then... the menstration thing? Lol... classic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Coke commercial? She's a beauty.

    Congrats on being featured and Happy RT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your starring role at Skittle's Place! And, although I understand why you might be a bit chagrined to have that joke be your first introduction (first impression) to new readers, but I think it's perfect!

    I also love your Lady in Red. She is a class act! Happy Rudy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the well-deserved recognition! 'Kewl' ruby finds ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that metal sign! I would have been tempted to buy it too. :)
    I do have a collection of metal signs packed away. Didn't seem to fit the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your vintage lady is perfect for a ruby Tuesday you might even make a badge out of her?
    Congrats on the feature as well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on being featured!!

    I love those old metal signs. We have a few of them !

    ReplyDelete
  29. now that is mighty noteworthy!!! sandy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have the same poster in print. It is delightful. Your blog made me LOL. Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Coca-Cola girl,
    how can I convince you that
    I need more to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on being featured! I think your "note" post is totally you! And I love the vintage coke sign above.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations!!!!

    I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOVE that lady in red! :)


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  35. LMFAO!!!! *eyeing husband* bwahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Anni, I do that with car things, especially 1950 Ford stuff. My last full page mag ad is still in a box, magazine and all.
    I did buy a car on eBay. I bid 99 cents and got it. Shipping was 8.50 and the seller paid $10 plus to ship it. At least he is rid of the car, it is a 1998 Jaguar XK8, 1:18 scale die cast. I was thinking of getting on of those instead of my '98 Mustang for my retirement present to me. Both are convertibles.
    Happy RT, I am inspecting restaurants as a new side line, this time for Ruby Red.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the Lady in Red's hat...what a beautiful sign. So...Anni, where are you going to hang it???

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love metal signs!! Off to get my (diet) Coke :)
    Congrats on being the featured blog, loved the entry!

    ReplyDelete
  39. If you stopped to decide where to put it, you might have missed it. I'm glad you bought it, it's a lovely sign.
    Happy Ruby Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW! Congratulations on being the feature blog of the month! That's fantastic - and so are your posts!

    I absolutely love your Ruby Tuesday photo. She is very beautiful! Where did you decide to hang her?

    The breaking news story had me laughing aloud! Thanks for brightening up my day and thanks for visiting. It's nice to meet you!

    Hugsssss, Susan

    ReplyDelete

.