my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Join Here


Join Here

Heads or Tails prompt is: PAIL or PALE

For lack of any 'ingenious thinking' on my part today, I'll go here....In the early morning hours when the sunlight's rays streak up from the landscape, and the moonlight, as it too hangs low in the east, begins to PALE in the sky as the sun's orb shows itself---it's a Bad Moon Rising---

One of my favorite oldies rock song is by Credence Clearwater Revival...When I first hear the beginning notes played, I immediately have to turn the radio up in the car ---loud [where the car vibrates, it's that loud]! We got to see them in concert in Tucson. And boy howdy, you should have felt the bleachers move and gyrate when they began that song! Seems all their fans love the same song; BAD MOON RISING. Comparing some of their other hits, this one in particular makes them pale in all likeness. [I also really like "Have You Ever Seen it Rain?"] The photo to the right is from our front porch, early one morning when the sun was beginning to rise in the east with the moon still visible...a beauty to behold!! Needless to say, when I read the prompt this morning, it's the first thing I thought of; I See a Bad Moon Risin'---


I see a bad moon a-rising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earth quakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound and take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.
I hear hurricanes a-blowing,
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound and take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.
Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Look's like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound and take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.




<><><>

RUBY Tuesday

In our yard, we have two hybrid hibiscus plants. They have the distinctive variegated leaves! That is the one reason I bought them and planted them...to break up the constant green and have the different colors. Tho, the flowering isn't that profuse because of the fact they ARE hybrids, when they do bloom, the blossoms are such a deep, velvety, dark, ruby red! Smaller in size than the non-hybrids, which can produce a blossom the size of a large salad plate, these smaller treasures are so dazzling in color and texture, they're worth the difference! I took a photo of this blossom as it sits in my hand to show you just how tiny they are. And the 2nd photo, if you look closely, you can see the small multi-colored [white, pink, wine and green variegated leaves on the plant....] Or, click to re-view the buggy picture I posted on Saturday --it's the very same plant, only a macro shot.
[enlarge it by clicking on the photo, it should open in a new window]



<><><>


Of all things yesterday, I came in the house after yard work, so I could get out of my yard working clothes. As I was walking through the room I felt something odd in my hair, crawling down my neck. I swatted at it, and I felt it fall on my shoulder. By that time, Bud was on me like bees to honey!!! He was swatting my shoulder - terrifying me. Lucky I didn't scream, I tellya. I thought something dreadful was in the house and on my body!!! As he smashed his hand a 2nd time on my shoulder I felt it bite! But he killed it. Thing is, I'm allergic to BEE STINGS!! And that is what was now dead...it had stung me tho, that's the 'bite' I felt. Almost immediately I had tingling in my arm...yep, I swelled up. I went and got a slice of onion and held it near the sting area on my neck....just at the nape of the neck....this morning, I want to tell you, I haven't had this hard-a-muscles in ages!!! Yes, my aged body has gone flabby...all except where the bee stung me!!! Wow, a work out, toned muscled body I have today...at least THERE. LOLOLOL [It sure itches!!!] Nasty boogers anyway.


POSTED: Tuesday, August 18th, 2009
6:30 A.M.



<><><>

36 comments :

  1. I have always love Bad Moon Rising. gorgeous hibiscus also deep deep shade..sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love CCR and am enjoying the music you added right now!
    The hibiscus is beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen the hybrid type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hibiscus. Great song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture off the sunrise is way too beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Oh and thanks for the catchy tune... ;-)
    "I see a bad moon a-rising..." mmmmhhmmmmm... *sing*

    Hugs, Sonny
    Visit my blog if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful your hero saved your life! Bee stings can be so dangerous.

    Love the hibiscus - we have one that hasn't bloomed yet, and it is of the huge variety. Yours is beautiful.

    I took pix of the sun rising and the moon setting last year on my way to work. What an awesome phenomenon. Wonderful picture you shared. I don't think I know the song, but will now go and listen!

    Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have two hibiscus in our garden and both look like yours, they came with the house. Lovely shots!!
    Sorry about the bee! but you take it with humor, I see :)
    My RT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning dear Anni:-)

    First of all, congratulations on winning my giveaway!! I had a big smile on my face when I saw whose name I had drawn:-) I will mail your parcel out to you pronto!

    Ooooh me too, as soon as I hear the start of Bad Moon Rising, up goes the volume! CCR have always been my favourite band and to this day I still love their music. Whenever they play that song at wedding receptions, not too many people stay sitting down:-) Lucky you to have seen them in concert!!!

    Your hibiscus flowers are gorgeous and I just love their colour. We can buy the plants here but have to plant them in a container so that they can be brought in during our cold months...which seems most of the year! lol

    OWIE on the bee sting! Hopefully it won't bother you for long. I hate it when I come in from outside and there's a bug in my hair, I just about panic because every kind of bug terrifies me! lol

    I'll now catch up on reading your latest posts I missed:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear!
    Sorry about that bee sting. It is risky to have a lovely garden full of the most beautiful flowers where bees love to go and be allergic to them!
    Is no there a vaccine for that?
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my post
    Sweet Hug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    CC music is great. I enjoyed a lot of their music and they were one of my favorite bands back when. And imagine...Brandon loves their music. He is an oldies but goldies boy. Doesn't care for the modern stuff.

    A bee sting? You're allergic? Shouldn't you carry an epinephrine pen?

    Try to feel better and be very careful in the garden. About a month ago I cleared a bee nest out of the siding of the house with WD-40. Dwight was having a fit, but it worked.

    Take care and enjoy your day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Annie!
    I love CCR, and Bad Moon Arising is the BEST!! What happened to music when you knew what they were singing? Write one on that would you? Songs today are so far gone they just scream about everything. So sorry you got stung, man does that ever hurt. Been there, done that! When my husband was trying to smack the bee on me, I thought he had lost his mind smacking at me, but he didn't want to alarm me so he just started swinging. Love the hibiscus. That is the only thing in my yard that has really survived the heat this summer. Have a wonderful day sweetie. Thanks for sharing. Country hugs and love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great song I remember well. You've got me singing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love that band, Man! I'm surprised you didn't go to the emergency room to get a shot if you're allergic. One never knows when one will quit breathing.
    I sang the entire song. I'm not sure that is my favorite song by them. I'm kind of partial to Proud Mary and have song it to Karaoke.

    I wasn't reading and cross stitching at the same time. I had to go back and read my post to see if I said that.
    Its raining again this morning, Yea!
    Several asked for the recipe so I will post it this week.
    Hope you're over the Bee sting soon.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Anni, that is a pretty hibiscus bloom. I hope you picked it and put it in your bucket for inside viewing.
    Are you ready for hurricanes again? We still have a lot of blue tarps around on roofs left over from Ike. FEMA paid fast but Texas is way behind in adminisistering it. I don't know how they got their fingers in the pot.

    Happy RT. I did another restaurant review again this week for RT. I am inviting you for a peek and for your impression expressed.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your visit. Oh those bugs...however the hibiscus looks wonderful on the top. So Sorry about the Bee, Your hair must be like honey sweet to the bee:-) and yes we must work those muscle in the gardens if we tend to stey young forever,Hey I do:-)Soounds like time for the Hot Tub:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ouch, a bee sting.... i sure would've yelled though...

    and now i too know what a 'bad moon rising' is. i never did. know the song, sang the words, but never knew...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy I haven't heard CCCR in ages. I love this song. What an awesome photo. Your RT was excellent. Gorgeous. Sorry to hear about the bee. But thanks for the chuckle I must say...it was funny LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. That hibiscus is just a glorious red. Sorry about the bee sting, dear friend. One of my children is so allergic she has to carry an "epi" pen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love that song! One of my favorites!
    That Hibiscus is such a gorgeous RED, and I'm glad you are getting over your bee bite. They are pretty grouchy this time of year .
    Happy RT.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rock & Roll!!! Turn it up baby ;-)
    Never heard of putting an onion on a bee sting, what does it do?
    Glad you got the last word.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the Hibiscus what a gorgeous dark red! BTW Love CCR great choice for you to post but I like everything they do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm, I traveled all this way to see Hibiscus? I could have gone outside for that! ;) Pretty red.

    I am sorry to hear about your bee sting. I am allergic, too. I have to immediately take Benedryl and head for the emergency room.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ouch! Sorry about the bee sting. I loved those songs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your flowers are gorgeous! Happy RT!

    My entries:
    Moms... Check Nyo
    Yummy-as-can-be

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deep red hibiscus, they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool song and pretty hibiscus. Sorry to hear about your bee sting, hope it feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh!! I can chair dance with the best of 'em when you play CCR!:D This is also a fav of mine.
    stunning flower shots.
    Thanks for stopping by and admiring the ugly red fish.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I'm glad you were okay after the bee sting. I have to carry epi pens with me all of the time because of allergic reactions to everything. I've not heard of the onion thing before. I will have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had no idea ONION worked for bee stings. Methinks I'll file that away for future reference. Love your hybrid hibiscus ... may need to go looking for some where I live too ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love CCR and saw them once in concert!!! It was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Conratulaions on winning Pea's polka dot give away! Now you will be seeing spots before your eyes! So sorry you got stung by that bee. I am allergic to some of them and have had my arm swell up too. Nice to have muscles but a hard way to get they eh?! Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that song!!
    and your flower is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love CCR... thinking my fav is Have You Ever Seen the Rain...
    Now help me understand what onion does for the sting? That's a new one for me...

    Thanks for the HOTs visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful flowers for Ruby Tuesday. I've never seen a variegate variety of those before.

    And... onions on bee stings? That's a new one on me. I've heard of meat tenderizer for them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for stopping by and support me. I answered to all of your comments.

    Hugs, Sonny
    ...slims down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Annie. Such a beautiful hybiscus. It reminds me of the huge purple hybiscus my mother had in her backyard years ago. I purchased a pretty yellow one a few years back, enjoyed it for a season and then it died on me. My green thumb is very selective so I haven't the heart to get another one. It's lovely to drop in here and enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well, I NEVER touch "politics" on these here blogs, but ANNIE I SURE AGREE WITH you! Ooooooops! Shhhhh!

    ReplyDelete

.