my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



For the Thursday Thunkers...here's a question for you:
How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?




Click to Join


1. Hypothetical question- you are in a building with famous works of art, old manuscripts of famous novels, and original sheet music from famous composers. The building is on fire and looks to be completely destroyed. Do you grab any of the famous works before fleeing, and if so what?
    Well now...if it's COMPLETELY DESTROYED,. there wouldn't be anything left to grab but ash and hot debris. But, hypothetically, I'd try and grab a little of all....It's history....we need to preserve it as much as possible of different cultures!!!

2. In August 1969, the Manson family went on a 2 night killing spree. Do you think 40 years later they have paid for their crimes?
    NO!!! They did the crime they DO the time....they took LIVES...they should serve for their life...they really should be hung by a short rope if you want my opinion. It would have saved us taxpayers plenty of moolah. The judgment being a fitting end to their actions.

3. Power Outage! What's the longest you have been without power?
    Ummmm, my whole life I've been low on the totem pole of the power grid of existence. [kidding] Okay, then, seriously....I really don't know...but I DO KNOW that it gets mighty hot here when the power goes out for just a couple of hours. I guess in Colorado with blizzards, we always had power outages for days at a time...but we really never missed it since we lived in the foothills with a backup generator and a wood burning stove that heated the entire house.

4. Just bought a new tazer gun. Will you let it be tested on you to see if it works, and how it feels to be tazered?
    Absolutely not. Are you kidding me? I wouldn't even be a guinea pig for a 9mm either to see if it worked. But I would allow anyone to test a squirt gun on me about right now...that'd be the ONLY moisture around here other than sweat.

5. A neighbor's mail was delivered to you. In it is a magazine not wrapped in plastic. Is it ok for you to flip through it before giving it to the neighbor? Do you tell them you looked through it?
    I'd just go put it in their mailbox. Why waste time on their junk mail when I get enough of it the way it is?

6. If I went through your purse/wallet right now, what all would I find in there?
    Good luck!!! I don't have a purse in use....so, guess what? You'd find nothing. No purse, no nuttin' huny!!

7. Have you been living under a rock?
    No, but I've been out searching for rocks. And picked 'em up to see what rock is UNDER the rock!! But then again, maybe I HAVE...you wouldn't believe the pressure I've been under lately!!!! ---get it? UNDER a rock, under pressure? Oh never mind!!

8. Tell us something crazy you did this week.
    Just finished making a square braided cord for my witch's ball [that I bought a couple of weeks ago and blogged about it here] and hung it near the dining room window to keep the bad spirits out! The crazy part is...the jute I used was cut too short three times before I got the braid to become the correct length I wanted........


    the center conglomerate of glass traps the evil



<><><>


Click to Join


A little bit of Zen [or 13 -Thursday 13- contemporary thoughts]

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me alone.

2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.

3. Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

4. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

5. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

6. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

7. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat drinking beer all day.

8. Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

9. Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

10. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

11. A closed mouth gathers no foot.

12. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

13. Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side a dark side, and it holds the universe together.





POSTED: Thursday, August 13th, 2009
12:01 A.M.

[it's a good thing Friday the 13th falls on a Thursday, huh?]


Answer to Thursday Thunkers' question: Three

31 comments :

  1. Such a great post sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers to thursday thunks. No purse? That's a surprise

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...your number 6 nutting huny LOL. And the squirt gun OMgosh too funny :) Excellent my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love your post! I like your #7, like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3???
    and who in their right mind would let anyone test a tazer on them?????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your answers - I think you got them all right! :) A paper clip? 3 curves I think...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These were all fun to read. My favorite are nos. 6,9, and 12 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No purse??? Wow...I still carry a purse big enough to be considered a diaper bag...and my kids are 6 and 9! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cricket & Mys No, I stopped carrying a purse. Must have pockets tho...holding what I need most, the cellphone, my ID...and bank card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with your #2 in Thursday Thunks! Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni!
    You 13 list was so wonderful! I totally agree. And also- what's with the Manson thing anyway? He and his gang committed horrific crimes.

    Happy Thursday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/yeahthursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. too funny! especially the tazer one! r u stressed? you poor thing! but you still have your wonderful sense of humor!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a razor sharp wit, my friend! Love it all today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your witch's ball!! and the cord you made it's beautiful.
    Fantastic T13, thanks for a good laugh.
    Love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I loved it all! I love to read your wit and wisdoms! You related to Buddha? Or Confuscious? Stop by and visit! http://psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com/2009/08/thursday-thunks-this-and-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love your Thursday Thirteens and then some! No. 7 is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is it strange that I was mezmorized by that braid picture?

    Great answers... have a great Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Back in the 70's when macrame was the "Thing". I made it into a business. I did that almost 24/7 and made a lot of money. Yours looks good..Always needs tons more of jute than you think...takes a lot to do all that knotting.
    Sorry that I have not been around..Been a very busy summer with having my parents here, working and watching grands..Hope all is well with you two..Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,

    Loved your Thursday Thunks. You and I think a lot alike.

    I love that witches ball and your TT was delightful.

    Hope you have a great day. Your blog is always so uplifting.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your witches ball is cool. I've never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved #1 of Thursday Thirteen... and I got the paperclip answer right.

    What a way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. never heard of a witch's ball - but it's very pretty! great thunks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha! I like the closed mouth gathering no feet comment. :) I'll try to remember that one. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. feel same way about saving history and the mansons

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your response to #3 for Thursday Thunks and appreciate your Zen thoughts too. I've shared T-13s at Sacred Ruminations and Happily Retired Gal this week ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm still laughing and my sides ache. Thanks for the pick-me up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. UGHS, don't you just hate when you miscalculate measurements? I once cross-stitched one of my first pics and thought it was going to be fine, when it was done, there was less than half an inch all around to matt it :(. That sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a great day, Anni. I'm once again leaving with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A closed mouth gathers no foot indeed.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved the witches ball very cool! # 5 is perfect we all get enough junk mail withut worrying about another persons junk!

    ReplyDelete

.