my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Saturday, June 6th, 2009
4:10 A.M.


Note to Lani at "Off the Top of My Head"....I can't leave a comment in your blog. Just wanted you to know that I added your blog link to the BlogRoll [bloggers over 50]


Join Here
PHOTO HUNT 2009 THEMES


ADVERTISEMENT

My photo hunt entry is kinda lame this week.....Below, are three digital photos of my computer monitor to coincide with the theme. So, how else can I claim that Firefox is a great browser? Yep, you guessed it! By making a statement that AdBlock Plus Add-On [plugin] is a wonderful, nifty thing. If you're using Firefox, there is a site of all kinds of Add-Ons for you to install into your browser's settings [AND I NOTICED WHILE PERUSING THE ENTRIES THIS MORNING....SOME PHOTOS ARE NOT LOADING because they are titled with the word advertisement or the product name....jpg] And, get this, even MY photos didn't show in Picasa or in my Blogger editor....UNTIL it dawned on me that I had titled them advertisement 1, 2 and 3! When I renamed them and loaded them photohuntad.1, 2 and 3, they showed up!] From my camera...showing one plugin it's this, this week:


photo showing site for downloading


photo showing Ad Block Plus installed/but disabled...see the advertisement?
[outlined in black]


photo showing Ad Block enabled. NO ADVERTISEMENTS Loading!
[blank area -outlined in black]


And, without that installed you'd see this kinda thing all over, while surfing....advertisements!!! BUT!! If you have it installed...no advertisements are loaded to your pages you visit. Ever. And if by chance there is one that sneaks in once in a blue moon...just get the ad's uri and add this to your AD Block Plus Preferences. Super!!!! Blocking Advertisements while surfing the 'net. Blissful. Makes loading even more speedy.

~...End Photo Hunt
COMMENT HERE if you'd like to skip over the rest of my Saturday Blog.






<><><>
So, talking about entertainment. Okay, ads!! It's all about....Walt Disney. It looks like they've done it again. And I can't wait. It's gonna be fantastic, I'm sure. I just know the artwork and special effects will be top notch as always. I'm never disappointed. Oh ya....the movie? Well it's a favorite classic tale of mine. I have found myself collecting books of the same subject. It will star someone whom I think is perfect for the part....

Jim Carrey.
And, he'll play the leading roll...
Scrooge!
In
A Christmas Carol.

I've been waiting for about a month now, for a sneak preview trailer after I did my monthly search of upcoming movies. Yes, I went as far forward as November of 2009. And then, I read where it's going to be released around Thanksgiving. Tell me, is it Turkey Day yet? I need a countdown...





I found this over the week; still looking for the company's trailer release. And I found this very short but enticing [to me] little clip on the "Trailer Addict".

Then, not too long to wait any more...I've been anxious for this bio flick to be released to the movie theaters. It's finally coming in just a few more weeks. July 1st to be exact. And I know we'll have advanced tickets for the first showing....Bring on the popcorn and sodas!!! I'll so be there...



Public Enemies You can watch the movie's released trailer with the link prior.
[based on a true story]
{image courtesy of home site - no copyright infringement intended}





I was so pleased to receive this award and recognition from Hazel! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you've not visit her blog, you're missing out in a lovely, and constant wonderment. Her work is fabulous. Thanks again.



35 comments :

  1. Happy PH, thanks for dropping by. Nice and creative take for this week. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think that's a really good one! Well done for this week. :)

    http://lesliesmyers.blogspot.com/2009/06/photohunt-advertisement-for-famous.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would havev never thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to look into that AdBlock, it sounds like it would be very useful.

    Love the new Header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni.nice post. I dont use firefox but my Son thinks its the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeanette, so do I!! I think it's the best ever. Much better and more user friendly and code friendly than I E!! Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I don't think it's lame! Good post - I'm using Firefox, too, but I haven't explored the preferences and plug-ins yet... hmmm.

    Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so lame! Advertisement is advertisement. Great job!

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Anni, your mind amazes me. I didn't understand a word you said on that first piece!

    Have a wonderful week-end. We finally had a beautiful day this week - it's been a raining one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are creative Anni good job doing that. Happy weekend. Mine is also ready.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes... it all sounds very techie, Anni... (Hey, that rhymes!!) ;b

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i so dislike ads, that's a good thing that one...

    and isn't jim carey just the funniest? love his movies, i do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does "Yikes" rhyme with "Anni"? -grin

    I like the movie trailers, something I know nothing about, how or where you find them, etc., but I'll let YOU find 'em. Thanks.

    Firefox, well yas! I thought everyone used that browser except Mac peeps. I took IE off all our machines. Opera is good also, small footprint, and of course now free.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your award Anni. It's well deserved. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah so that's it. I did indeed name my photos "Ad" and "Ad2". I guess if you want to see them you'll have to uncheck the ad-block box.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow those are really nice words, Anni (I'm blushing :)). Thanks.

    I confess I don't know a thing about your Advertising post. It's not lame. I learned something. Thanks again. I wish you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder if something similar in my saved buttons is keeping them from showing up in Picasa even though they are in the folder. I will check.
    My hunt is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sign me up for the "waiting for the new Christmas Carol" list. I wasnt aware that was in the works ... thanks for the heads up. I'll be looking forward to that. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Firefox too, especially for their add-ons. Foxclocks is my favourite as it tells me exactly what time it is wherever my friends live and if it is a reasonable hour to call them or IM them or whatever.

    Happy weekend Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your advertisement, Anni!!! I will check that out immediately!!
    Happy weekend! it's nice to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aloha Anni,
    Very creative & clever indeed!!
    Thank you for visiting my PH post as well.
    Have a superb weekend!!

    Cindy O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karen always uses Fire Fox! I get mixed up and call it Fox Fire and make the girls crazy!
    Hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very unique idea!! I love it!
    And you definitely have to appreciate those ad blockers. They really do their job well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I only use firefox.
    I look forward to Scrooge. I think I have seen every one of the previous movies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your take on the theme, firefox needs to be spread!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Annie, Not lame at all!! Very creative ! and informative to some. I have used firefox for a long time, its the best!
    Enjoy the rest of the week end.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing about the AdBlock...sometimes it's nice to check things around so at some point I don't mind them...so I have specific laptops which don't allow those and one that takes all net junkies! LOL

    Mariposa's PhotoHunt

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anni,

    The boys are going to love Jim Carey in A Christmas Carol. They loved him in the Grinch.

    I haven't seen previews of Public Enemy, but the trailer looks good. I'm sure you're looking forward to it.

    Hope you had a great day. We did some outside work but the boys never did get here.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, Anni, you're much more technologically advanced than I am. I wouldn't have figured out all of that stuff -- and can't even understand what you've already figured out. :)

    I've posted two advertisements and hope you'll visit at:
    http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/06/photohunt-advertisement.html

    Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's actually not lame. Nice posts.

    Mariposa's PhotoHunt

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your near header, Anni. A very imaginative post from you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'll have to check out that application. I may add it.

    Reading on down your post, I loved John McIntyre! And I liked Hans Conried too.

    Thanks for hanging with me while I've been out of commenting for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the groove soon. Still no word on Lamar's tests. :-/

    I like your new blog-do, lol!

    Happy Sunday!

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm using Firefox. Thanks for sharing this interesting tip.

    ReplyDelete

.