my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Join Here

TUNE


Really, I can't lay all the blame on Mary from her Opium and Poppy Seeds. Can I? [Kidding, Mary!!] But this prompt really put me in a whirl....Think, Anni...THINK!!! Tune? Hmmmmmm, tune. The seeds* consumed are taking affect [ahhhhhhhh, opium *kidding again, of course]....I envision.....

Two things come to my thoughts right away. First the song...it's from the Beatles, and I do believe it's from the Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Band? Not sure on that. But with the prompt, I started humming..."I get by with the help from my friends"..."What would you think if I sang out of tune......"

"What would you think if I sang out of tune, [really, I say just don't think...and plug your ears]
Would you stand up and walk out on me ? [don't leave, I'm not done yet!]
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song [maybe you should leave...I do sing a mean tune]
And I'll try not to sing out of key. [I'll try, but there is no guarantee! WoW...I'm a poet and didn't know it.]

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends [friends are great, aren't they?]
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends [they can tell me I sing off key....]
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends [I won't mind. I'm high on poppy seeds remember?]

What do I do when my love is away [partay!!!!]
(Does it worry you to be alone ?) [huh, does it?]
How do I feel by the end of the day, [dog tired! you?]
(Are you sad because you're on your own ?) [ it's NOT over -It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings y'know!]


Okay, I'm done now! This 'fat lady' has sung her tune.


- - -


I always thought this guy could really dance. And with the theme this week being Tune, I thought I'd share a bit of his bio. Not too many people have even heard of him. He's been around for 70 years now. AND! He's from Texas. Wichita Falls. He's known for his dancing. He's been dubbed the tallest dancer in America...being well over 6 1/2 feet tall. Majored and degreed from two in Texas...University of Texas and University of Houston. Many tony awards. Inducted to the Theater Hall of Fame in 1991. Author of his autobiography "Footnotes". [sister, Grace has a dance studio in Fort Worth]

He was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theatre at 1777 Vine Street in Hollywood, California.

[headshot courtesy of his online bio]

Here is a link of him Tap Dancing at the Botson Pops...

Oh, and by the by....his real name is THOMAS JAMES TUNE!!! [known as Tommy Tune]


- - -

Which all boils down to today's theme, and it was a bit difficult. And then, thinking of 'tune it out'. In other words, ignore me. Or you may think I'm from L A [la la land you know]....and I'm singing to a different tune. Then, with my furbabies dancing to a whole different tune than I am....I see YIN AND YANG. The Yin Yang symbol is a circle with opposites. Black with a white dot and white with a black dot. When I saw these two while working on my "TUNE"....well, I had to add this.

    In Chinese philosophy, the concept of yin and yang is used to describe how seemingly opposing forces are bound together, intertwined, and interdependent in the natural world, giving rise to each other in tune errrrr, I mean turn.


Tahoe [the black kitty] and Winston [the white one] are truly Yin/Yang!!!

Oh wait....I thought of something else....Now, go off yonder, and NAME THAT TUNE!

[the link above is a game....test your skills of these songs ---you need flash enabled] I GOT 14 OUT OF 20...what was your score?

27 comments :

  1. on the game quiz I only got 8, but then being from the UK we don't get most of the show tunes featured, so I had to guess! Good fun though.
    You are spot on with the Yin/Yang, lovely photo of the cats.
    Never heard of Mr Tune, but he sure can dance, so enjoyed the video.

    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I LOVE your new header! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hoot! my friend and this post is so You! well what I imagine you would be like if we were chatting over a nice mocha! coffee. lol lol lol lol lol lol!

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you in tune or are you in tune! love your kitties, absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so much fun, and always interesting my friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mind works in wondrous ways!

    I got 13 - hadn't heard of quite a few, so took my best shot. Fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again - LOVE the shot of the contrasting kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK -- finally I am here!
    I am so thrilled! I missed posting on your blog!

    Very nice post.
    I like that Beatles song.
    Of course - I love Tommy Tune also. He has inspired many!

    Kitties are cute.
    Does your owl banner have anything to do with your "hootin"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your header made me smile!

    So did your comments alongside the words to the Beatles tune!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost thought I was in the wrong blog... with the header change. Love the comments to the Beatles song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An excellent take on an excellent Beatles song there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tommy Tune? One of my all-time favorites.
    I teach a tap class on Monday nights. To participate, a person has to be at least 50 years old. We have loads of fun -- and the group has been on YouTube, but I don't think it was because of talent. :)

    Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's it, Anni. We're cutting you off. No more poppy seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your responses to the song! So funny.
    This is going to sound stupid, but, I had no idea Tommy Tune was a real person. I thought he was a character from a song or something from the '70's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got 13/20 and it said "that ain't bad, you watch enough tv to be normal"...well that's good to know! LOL Loved this post but now I'll be singing that Beatles song in my head all day!!!! You really wouldn't want to hear me singing either, I can't hold a tune to save my life. lol Your kitties are so gorgeous, always love seeing new pictures of them.

    It's cold and raining here again today. If my flowers drown or freeze, so be it, I'm not replanting anymore! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You really covered a huge array of tune's for the theme.
    My favorite part...rememebering that old beatles song! And your comments on each line :-)
    Great post!!
    Hugs
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  17. BTW...I got 14 out of 20 and I guessed at most of them...I hadn't heard most of them...talk about living under a rock! jeesh

    ReplyDelete
  18. What in the world are you smoking?
    That has to qualify as the strangest blog ever arranged around the word tune. From the Beatles to cats to a TV quiz show with stops alo9ng the way. One gets dizzy just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not dizzy, I love all the info!

    I almost posted about Tommy Tune!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dr. John Y'don't know me to well do you...it was a wild and crazy theme for the day, so I went wild and crazy. Sorry to make you dizzy...You'd better go lie down and call me in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haven't had the chance to stop on in.

    I always like the smart ass answers to lot of statement.
    Your are great after the lyrics.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your new theme! The picture of your kitty is so cute. Happy HOT.

    and yes! GMTA! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    LOL You certainly know how to put a different slant on the word Tunes. I loved this.

    Got 14 out of 20 on the quiz. A couple of those shows I've never even heard of. You can tell I'm not a big tv watcher. I'm more apt to know the theme songs to the kids shows.

    Super post.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've learned a lot about Tommy Tune and every bit of it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lot of fun your post was, Annie. I had heard of Tommy Tune and I rather lusted after him when I was younger! I thoroughly enjoyed the video of both him and Gregory Hines...two very talented dancers.

    As for the song quiz...I got 8 and was told I needed a lot more TV in my life. Half of them I hadn't heard of so I guess I didn't do too badly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that tune!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that is a classic tune! :)

    ReplyDelete

.