my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Wednesday, April 15th, 2009
12:22 A.M.


The last of the Alphabet Challenge finds is posted below my Wordful Wednesday...scroll down a bit, okay?



Join -Wordful Wednesday

I'm in a quandary of what to make my Wednesday wordful, to go along with the meme today. Should I do flowers again? I've taken a lot of photos these last few days, practicing on the macro setting and trying to get a 'perfect' up close and personal photo....or at least what I'd consider one that is good enough...not professional mind you, I'm far from that point! Then, I thought since Bud and I went walking along the beach yesterday morning, early, maybe I'd post another photo of the coast. The sun was bright and nearly void of color....it was white as we drove east to the island. Promising a very hot day already for the early Spring month. The photo here in this section is from an area where there is a jetty...and I just liked the way the sand had been washed by the current, making a circle with the skill only left to nature. If you enlarge the photo you'll notice [between the rock outcropping] tiny... "Footprints in the Sand"...

I collected shells for my apothecary jars to be filled. I watched the pelicans, and the sea gulls and sat and listened to the waves washing up and then the vacuum in sound when the current receded as the tide worked its way back and forth. I watched the fishermen trying their luck just off the same jetty. I watched a kayak-er paddling his way back to the shore. I spied a surfing duo out about 200 yards from me. I was intrigued by an old man walking along with his clam digger. I really didn't see that he was actually finding any tho. And I stopped along the waterline and stood to observe some construction guys [holding back the urge to whistle and give catcalls!] while they were busy with the job of building a new wooden walk ramp from the dunes.

Then, I thought again about my photos of the macro shots of my flowers. This one is the newest addition to our back yard. We used to grow them in Arizona, but the ones we had were pink. When I saw this at the nursery a few weeks ago, I couldn't believe the rich, velvety red!! And I was skeptical of the kid that was watering when he told me it was a Mandevilla! Like I just stated, I've never seen red. Only white and pink. It was a hardy plant in Tucson, tho we had it growing in a pot on the patio out there. So, I took a chance and bought one plant in hopes it would do well in the ground....without a planter. It's worth a try...such beauty! It vines...it grows rapidly, [at least it did in the desert] and should be trained or planted where they get a little support.

Back to the beachcombing tho,.....as Bud and I walked back to the car with my pouch pockets filled with sandy shells collected, I spied...oops, that's wrong it was Bud who spied the heron along the jetty! I got my chance then and there to test out my now known knowledge how to use the zoom lens on the cellphone camera. Oh boy....goodie, goodie!! I took several. The heron was quite a distance from us, but I managed to walk up on it while zooming in...taking several shots. The closer I got, of course, the more ansy it became. It was watching me!!! When, I got up about 20 feet of it, it stepped and moved its stance...I knew it was getting ready to take flight...so I was ready and cocked and primed for capturing it taking off....They're so graceful and so beautiful!!

So, Tuesday Morning was delightful. We both stopped on the way home and got our hair cut and went to lunch afterwards. Came home...spent a goodly time washing the seashells and letting them dry before I brought them in the house to display in my many jars used for that purpose. I went back outdoors and watered all the flowerbeds and patio planters, [which takes quite a while because of the amount of flowers we do have], took out into the yard the few indoor plants and watered them and left them outdoors in the air and warm shade while they dried out a bit. Went in and read the newspaper [yes, I'm still one of those diehards that likes to sit down to the news and read]...cleaned up cat hairs from the carpet, watched a movie, Quiggley Down Under, and picked up some clutter from the kitchen...showered and relaxed the rest of the afternoon.

What bliss!

Note to self: Today, I need to send the infamous income tax return and the check. Bummer!!! Well, the bliss didn't last long enough. It was nice while it lasted tho. Gotta support Bo and keep him healthy, right?




46 comments :

  1. Wonderful post sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful wordful Wednesday. I thoroughly enjoyed taking a stroll with you along the shore. I love rich velvety flowers like the one yo showed... burgundy is my favorite flower color.

    Great job finding that Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what a lovely day you had, Anni. Pity about the income tax though. Thank you for sharing the photos...I looove the mandevilla. I've never seen one that colour, either. I hope it grows for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that calendar picture! Terrific job with both letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Granny Anni, ;) that day sound absolutely delightful. May I one day have one of those again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts. I love flower pictures! A magical WW to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day - and I love the pictures, especially the heron taking flight...perfection! :)

    Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such wonderful and beautiful pictures! i can tell you have bee practicing, the pictures are very professional and i would say magazine worthy too. thanks so much for stopping by...Happy WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I lived near the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you know, they way you describe the flowers, the beach, your day, it instantly lifts me and puts a smile on my face. thank you for that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your letters are fantastic and I love that award for Melli!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! Thank you for the cute little banner Anni! I'm glad you enjoyed the HUNT! You did great - and never did have to go outside your own home! That is wonderful! You really had to do some searching to find THAT Z!!! Amazing! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful trip to the beach - and you got some great shots! The red flower is glorious. I can't believe your camera can take such great pictures.

    Love the final two letters - that has been a great challenge each week.

    Have a great day and keep cool! We're finally feeling a bit warm. But it won't last the week. Oh, well. Soon the crazy spring will leave and we'll dive right into the dry heat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful photos! at first i thought the beach photo was actually snow, it was so white!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful day you had. I enjoyed it vicariously through you! I love the heron picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your new page. How lucky to be at the beach. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni, just dropping by to say thanks for wishing me a happy birthday on Merle's blog in Australia. This is my first visit to you, although I've seen you on Merle's and LeeAnn's blog many times. I can see why you are among their favorites - your blog is beautifully written and beautifully illustrated...did you ever write a book?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like a wonderful day. Your pictures just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really had a wonderful day, it is nice to live so close to the sea and be able to walk along the beach. For the moment we are in global warming too ! Unusual for April, but I don't complain !
    Nice picture of the heron !

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG ! it looks as if it was very hard to find for you ! Next time take cat tails !lol !

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a BEAUTIFUL day! Wish I could do the same today!
    And that flower is so lovely- what a shocking shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anni,

    A great post this morning. I enjoyed reading about your day with Bud at the beach and the photo of the heron is delightful.

    Beautiful flower. I doubt we can grow these here but I would love to. I have to buy all new flowers for my side bed that the plumbers dug up.

    Great alphabet meme. Melli did a great job and you've made her a beautiful award.

    Have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a FABULOUS day! That is an awesome shot. I wish my camera took photos that good :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful post I love the pics and want to thank you for visiting my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You really had to be paying attention to find that Z! I went for the obvious.

    Your macrame Y is brilliant, too -- and I am quite surprised to learn that witches have balls. :O

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a cute little button you made for Melli, and I quite agree!!

    That is a nice Y, and I admire your eyesight for finding that Z!

    I got mine up later than anticipated -- I had forgotten to photograph my Z even though I had been planning to for weeks! Hope you can stop back by.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now I'm depressed...I wanted to go with you on that walk and give wolf whistles and catcalls to those workers! hehe I can only dream about going for a walk along the beach...our lakes are still frozen! lol Sounds like you had a perfect day, though:-) I love that shot of the heron in mid flight, you did good!!

    Great job on finding the Y and Z, there's no way I would have ever found them! lol Hope you're having another great day my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anni, you commented on my blog for my beginning computer class and I only (since I'm on Spring Break) looked at it today! Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That beautiful RED flower could be a great Ruby Tuesday post! Huh, Anni, huh? Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the flower...so red! And enjoyed the other photos as well. I always get lost easily with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful flower, lucky you. Your garden must look great. My husband is from CA and moved to NM for me. He misses the ocean and taking those great walks. I loved your Wordful Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have a great eye!! I would never have found the Z!! I love the button you made, you're so creative with this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful pictures! I would love to take a visit to the beach soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for sharing the lovely day you had.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice award for Melli! It's been a great meme.
    I have enjoyed all your entries.
    I wouldn't have seen that Z at all - nice job.
    I love your Y - you are the second blog this week mentioning witch's balls. I googled that earlier this week and was enchanted by the info. Now I want some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely walk along the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sounds like a wonderful day. These photos made me feel like I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my, what an incredible day. I can't believe everything you accomplished in just one day!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm jealous of your gardening abilities. My wife and I try, try, and try again...maybe one day we will succeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. those photos are beautiful. i'm getting my hair cut and coloured tomorrow. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  42. That flower was beautiful. I thought they only came in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great shots. I love the variety of colors in the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great WW post. You certainly found a way to make it wordful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I loved this post. Also, it answered a question I had about Cat hair. It seems that no matter which chair I cover for Smokey to sit on, he wants on the one uncovered. It is a constant battle to keep the hair up and he's a short hair.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.