my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Wednesday, December 17th, 2008
12:01 A.M.
Join -Wordful Wednesday





While I was mainly spending last week in bed, during the time, I received some goodies in the mail. I've had a couple of weeks of cards coming in from some online friends....

I wanted to share some of them with y'all for now, I want to personally thank you for the thoughtfulness and wonderful holiday spirit you've put me in after receiving them along with your friendship. Thank you, each and every ONE, including my special secret santa!!! Who are you?



Mary at The Work of the Poet had given me a Holiday Blog Award and along with the award she told me that there will be a small gift coming my way in addition to the blog award. When it arrived, there were these wonderful holiday bookmarks and the darlingest card. There is such a word as darlingest, isn't there?



Among other cards, I've received these from fellow blogger friends. From Melli, Pea, Mary, Mutti and a 'secret santa'...whoever you are





- - -

If you read my Tuesday blog entry, you'll recall a little ditty I did about glass dolphins. And I added a special little note on 'wait 'til you see what I got from Mutti'....A little over a week ago, Mutti emailed me and told me that she and her husband had gone to Sweden to do some Christmas shopping and to pick up a gift for me that she had asked for especially. The company held it for her and when she returned this past month, she got it and then shipped it to me. I was told that I should open it upon arriving. No argument from me on that! ---I'm just like a kid y'know!! Now Mutti knows I have a small collection of glass dolphins, and lo and behold she found one....it's glass, and it is the most beautiful piece I've seen. The photos just don't do it justice. You have to see it in person. It's stunning!!! And of course, as I cherish dear Mutti....being that it's a gift from her even means that much more to me. Thank you, thank you. The wrapping paper was so beautiful! And the gift was heavy for its size. I had no idea what was inside. But oh so anxious to get it open and see for myself! And wow....just wow. It took my breath away. Mutti is so dear to me. I was in awe of such a piece of wonderful art work. She and I both love collecting glass things.....




Enlarge the photo...you'll see the beautiful dolphins and the wonderful art work involved!!!




- - - -


Then, I got a phone call and said that a little something from the boys should arrive in a day. Well, that very afternoon it came. Once again, I was told that the boys didn't want me to wait for Christmas. Bud and I both have told our grown kids to buy us nothing, and for the grandsons...spend their hard earned allowances on themselves or their mom....afterall, the economy today and making ends meet is tough enough. But... Oh boy, oh boy!! This grannie anni was elated to get to open another gift in just two days.... Guess Bud knew what was in the gift envelope. The boys had called him on his cellphone and asked him if I had one or anything like it in my collection. He told them nope. And they had this made for me...Some young teen craftsman makes 'originals' on demand. And the boys asked him if he could make a Santa for their grandmother. It hasn't left my neckline since day one.

34 comments :

  1. Wow, such beautiful awesome gifts sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got some lovely prezzies there! the dolphins are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun getting so many meaningful gifts and cards with the mail!!

    I simply love your Santa necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a DARLING blog you have. The dolphins are beautiful!!! What fun to have received all that in the mail. We so far have mostly been still getting the same old mail-bills and junk mail, with some cards mixed in to add excitement to getting the mail every day! Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very special, the necklace is just too sweet. A magical WW to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems that Santa is coming every day to you now, lol ! wonderful gifts !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear Anni. Firstly a belated thank you for the lovely Christmas award.. Ive been away At my sons for a few days and had very late nights....
    Looks like Santa has come early to your home,, You have recieved some lovely gifts..
    I will post in the next few days as im rather tired and off to bed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, liij at all your awesome goodies! And it isnt even christmas yet! the dolphins are very cute but im in love w/ santa! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. look at all your goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a week you've had with all your goodies! Go you!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a good week to me! How sweet of your grandsons to commission that special necklace for you. You must be one special lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got some lovely prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sally... What wonderful surprises you received.... Isn't it wonderful having such great friends... Your dolphin & necklace was simply beautiful... Hope you’re doing better.... Have a great Wednesday...

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. You deserve each and every gift Anni! And of course there's a word "darlingest!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like the gifts went to a very appreciative and deserving woman. I've had so much fun "seeing" you today comment before me on the Wordful posts. YOu are always so kind. I really appreciate that! Now, I'm off to find your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    What wonderful gifts. Michelle collects dolphins as well and I've never seen anything like this. It's beautiful. Mutti certainly knows what you like, doesn't she chose a beautiful gift.

    Love your cards. I got one the same from Pea and it is a lovely card. Where does she find this stuff? She always searches out the most marvelous things.

    Oh, Anni. Those boys are so thoughtful. The necklace is delightful and a real treasure. I don't blame you for not taking it off. The boys should be VERY proud of themselves for the fine gift they chose. And how darling that they phoned Grandpa to find out if you already had one. Magical!

    Take care, dear friend. Have a wonderful day. Hope both you and Bud are feeling better.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love getting fun things in the mail! The Santa necklaces is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you just love getting things? Happy Wednesday to you too :)
    ~Elyse~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving that Santa necklace.. very fun. Those are great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am loving that Santa necklace.. very fun. Those are great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...how awesome is that!! It looks like you have been blessed with wonderful gifts! The dolphins do look beautiful, and the necklace..priceless!!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog, and now I'm off to check out your giveaway!!

    Blessings,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Methinks Hootin' Anni's been a VERY GOOD GAL to receive such lovely gifts ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seems as if you hit the motherload! :) Thanks for stopping by again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you got some really neat things. Love the necklace from the boys, how precious.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What wonderful Christmas surprises! Love the dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, what great gifts!! You are very loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What lovely goodies you have received so far! The dolphin is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You got a lot of wonderful gifts! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hm! You're just being thoroughly spoiled this year, aren't ya? I've received a few things I need to highlight too... perhaps I'll get around to photographing them today! I love that little Santa! So special!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those are very special gifts. Caring and sharing make Christmas a wonderful season to cherish.

    ReplyDelete

.