my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds






edition #69

She's back...with full force today. Our little Jefé [ya, I know, that is the masculine version, but I like the sound of the word more than Jefa with the 'a']




[click to play a short 'tribal beat' for ambiance!]




...yep, here she is again!!! I love humor, I love joking, I love laughter. Hope you will too. My thirteen this week comes from a wise ol' lady named Jefé [pronounced HEH fay in Spanish slang - meaning 'boss or chief', being in this case, a "chieftress" but I like Jefé, not Jefa - the chin whiskers on her entitles her to be known as Jefé] These are thirteen tried and true living experiences from the aged one with her keen perception on life-------



1] If you don't want relatives stickin' around, don't let them know you have money!

2] If at first you don't succeed, then, skydiving is not for you.

3] Trust me... The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

4] Just because it's "Tourist Season" doesn't mean you can shoot 'em.

5] No, I don't have two belly buttons. I merely stated I was born again.

6] Yes, disgruntled is a voiceless pig!

7] I tried this over and over and have never succeeded. I guess no one can draw a blank after all.

8] I've been asked through the years for another word for thesaurus. Other than "THEE" 'saurus [related to T-Rex but more gigantic], Ummmm, does dictionary come to mind? Look it up!!
[insert tribal talk "mumbojumbalya crawlfishfiah doo dah" here]

9] Trust me....WRECKless driving is an oxymoron.

10] When I dial up a wrong number, I find they're NEVER busy!

11] I say this! It should be in terms of "Leaving a dump" instead of taking a dump! After all, you are leaving something behind. Y'sure as heck don't wanna take it with you.
[insert tribal talk "'atylputa zipinurdoo" here]

12] Deer can read!!! Why else would they know to cross between those yellow signs on the highways?

13] Call me insane one more time, and I'll eat your other eye!




46 comments :

  1. #7, 9 and 11 had me LOL for real. :) Love this post. Thanks for sharing this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be able to shoot the tourists. I live in a resort town and they are getting a little annoying about this time of summer.

    Your best TT ever!

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there an internet abbreviation for "laughed to hard I snorted"? Cause I did.

    It's so good of you to share you wisdom! I know after reading this, I'll be back to visit your blog!

    Oh, and love the ladybug...

    ReplyDelete
  4. *LOL* Thanks for a great laugh!
    Thank you for visiting my TT. You can always come back to read the posts. The time difference is showing: you are cooking dinner and I'm going to bed (almost 1 am over here!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved them :-)
    Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for TT thanks for sharing, mine's up too hope you can drop by...

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I wish we could shoot the tourists! Certainly would take care of the traffic problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those were really cute. They made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These were pretty funny. #s 2, 6 and 7 were my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! Simply too funny! Happy TT and thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute...1, 2 and 3 were my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFL....that was too funny!

    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for making me smile, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Silly list. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I live in an area with a lot of deer so #12 really made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy light-heartedness every now and then. This was fun. I'll try not to shoot any tourists.

    ReplyDelete
  17. In the land of deer I have wondered that myself!!
    Loved the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent! My list would include "gone missing." When did this start being the norm and how does one "go missing?"
    Just thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for making me laugh my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked this post, very cute! LOL Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hee Hee Those a funny. I was giggling at #11.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I dialled the number of my friend this morning and it wasn't busy so I assume I dialled the wrong number, hahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lvoe these, Anni! "Deer can read!!! Why else would they know to cross between those yellow signs on the highways?" - the absolute best! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL that was a very good way to start my day. Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL! Those ARE cute! Love your little "lady"... and YAY! The scroll bar IS gone! But the page loaded really slow today... might be the sound file - sometimes they do that.

    I do believe CORVETTE fits you to a TEE! :) You are a classic! (a classic WHAT I'm not sure - but classic - absolutely!)

    I am actually not SURE what Blessing In Disguise is about yet... I'm only into the 3rd chapter. This book was given to me by a friend about a year ago and it's only JUST made it up the pile to the top and into my hand! I think it has something to do with 2 children switched at birth or something like that... but also "Blessing" is the name of the TOWN they live in ... so that's kind of interesting... I'll let ya know more when I get further into it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hee hee, had my giggle for the evening thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This made me smile. Although, I'm a little reluctant to smile at the last one about eating the other eye.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Anni, long time no hear from, have you been keeping up with our Nebraska and Colorado travels? I invite you to read about Colorado on the blog now and do the label for 'Blogstock' and/or 'Blogstock '08.

    I like your # 9 as my driving has been WRECKless for quite a few years (I just knocked on wood). I tell people that I don't have to be a good driver because I am a SKILLful driver. :-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anni,

    I love it when Jefe comes to visit. She is a hoot! Thanks for bringing me a chuckle this morning.

    Blessings for a great day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hahahaha, Jefe rocks. Truly. These made for a fun 13.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the laugh this morning! I needed it! I love #11, and will changing my vocabulary to suit.

    Oh - and you win the prize! When I realized I had put 7/32 on my blog for the date we were leaving, I was going to change it but hubby said to leave it to see if #1 anyone noticed and #2 as proof I REALLY need a vacation.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  32. ROFL - Your TT is a hoot. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I never know what to expect when I come here - you really amaze me. Thanks for the jokes! I needed a laugh today!

    Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's right - deer can read. Moose can read, too. You're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for the laughter this morning. It’s ALWAYS welcome … and you never fail to entertain (and/or inform).
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  36. These were great!!! I love the reborn one...too cute! Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love Jefe! Thanks for the laugh.

    Come see me here.

    ReplyDelete
  38. ROFLOL WHAAHAAHAHAHAH.

    #2, 7 & 11 about choked me

    thanx for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Anni, I loved #10! I lol when I read this one! I think I need a phone with giant letters!!
    Nancy is feeling better. We go to her Dr. tomorrow for more lab work and a check us with the Dr. Nancy's blood count was up, the last time we had lab work. So thankful for this! Love and hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  40. funny ass list!!! lol i'm not sure if i can comment here, no NAME/URL option, which i just ranted about in my TT... click here for my blog

    ReplyDelete
  41. I like it... the tribal beat really makes it. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just noticed the tribal beat. Very cool. Thanks for the laugh :) Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love humor. Thanks for the laughs. Also thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete

.