“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







About | Theme: "SELF" | Roll
Next week "BAD HAIR"

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!!!



















Tattoo, that is. I designed this on paper since I love tigers and still wanted something a bit more 'different'. I then took my drawing down to the tattoo artist and asked him if he could put it on my ankle...he said he could. Then copied it onto his image machine and started going at it. It took about 2 1/2 hours. OH....and I was near 50 in age!! [I figured my skin was quite stretched so there shouldn't be too much fading and sagging by the time I'm 70. ROFL!!

~...end Photo Hunt
[scroll below the ABC meme for commenting]


<><><>





The alphabet meme, I've done one similar a while ago, but this one had a few different subjects so since I really enjoyed reading others who have done the same, I felt I could attempt one for myself. Here goes:


Accent: I have the all American mid-west accent. But I'm slowly pickin' up a few Texan drawls...y'all!!

Breakfast or no breakfast: Just orange juice during the week, Sundays we go for a huge brunch around 10 or 11 in the morning.

Chore I don’t care for: Balancing the check book! Bud uses it without recording purchases, and then when the statement shows...I'm lost! I do NOT look forward to that chore anytime!

Dog or Cat: Two cats now....they're easier to take care of. We've had dogs galore, and I love 'em. [I'd still like to have one ---of the miniature breed like Yorkshire Terrier, but the taking care of them and cleaning up the yard after them is not my idea of fun anymore.] Cats...feed 'em, keep the litter box clean, and the rest they take care of themselves!! And they're entertaining too. Whoever said they're independent creatures, I disagree with them...they love to be loved and our two come to us for attention all the time!

Essential Electronics: Microwave. I cook large meals and then divide them into fourths, freeze them then when it comes time to make dinner, I 'nuke' them. So easy, and they don't heat up the kitchen!! Make a tossed salad, and easy as one two three.

Favorite Cologne: NONE!! I've always had problems with people wearing heavy perfumes and out in public...I just don't care for it. Besides, too strong and too closed-in places with many different men and women wearing different scents brings on harsh headaches for me. The clean body is more to my liking!

Gold or Silver: Gold!! I love the richness.

Handbag I carry most often: Again, NONE! I stopped carrying handbags years ago. I go out a lot by myself, and it seemed that when I did and at the time carrying a purse, there were always people coming up to me wanting hand-outs. Around Tucson, and here, there are purse thieves --they even have been known to jump in cars while we women are most vulnerable and rob them, beat them to the point of death sometimes...it's just not worth carrying a purse these days. I only carry keys, plastic/ID, and cell phone...all in my pockets!!

Insomnia: No...I go to bed at 10, read to 10:30, sleep 6-7 hours and feel refreshed. MOST always. If I sleep more than that, I'm miserable all day long.

Job Title: Retired. And lovin' it!!

Kids: Two grown adults. Two grandkids.

Living Arrangements: Single family residence. With hubby, two cats. The best time of my life!!

Most Admirable Trait: Probably the color of my eyes. Medium light blue with darker outer blue edge. At least that is what Bud tells me. Oh, he also says I have the most shapely legs ever. But, let's face it...that is only ONE man's opinion.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: Teasing. I loved to tease my older siblings. And get by with it 'cause I was the youngest. And I still do! Oftentimes I'll send gag gifts in the mail still today. They all know to expect the unexpected from me.

Overnight hospital stays: Yes...as a child I was in the hospital EVERY winter with pneumonia...spending weeks under a tent for breathing! As an adult, three kinds;, childbirth, operations, heart problems...several in the last few years.

Phobias: Y'all know the Dolly Parton song..."I hate spiders and snakes"? Do ya? Well, believe me, I HATE snakes!! I swear, when I was out walking in the mornings in Arizona daily, I'd see rattlesnakes often. But one day, just as I went around the corner from our neighborhood and to the back of our stone wall/backyard, there were two huge diamondbacks....I was ready to move out, right there, right then! Oh and deep water/ iron bridges...which all stems to my childhood almost drowning experience. [after telling these incidents, it reminds me of one time out walking in the desert, and I had a coyote follow me all the way home...down the city streets and all! She stayed about 20 feet behind me all the way!]

Quote: I live by this...always: "I have miles to go before I sleep, miles to go before I sleep." ~Robert Frost [meaning to me, I won't stop living life to the fullest, until I die!]

Reason to smile: These days? I try to smile, period. I'd much prefer to laugh tho! I've been a happy person all my life that I can remember. Now-a-days, at my age, the wrinkles around my eyes show laughter lines! Deep laughter lines!

Siblings: Four! One sister, three brothers [two living - one deceased] - all older than I.

Time I wake up: Depends. I have no schedule, so I wake up when I wake up. Usually around 4:30, 5:00 or 5:30 a.m. I love the quiet times when the rest of the world is still asleep and all's still.

Unusual Talent or Skill: Ha!! That's a loaded one...I'm not gonna touch this one. I've been told I'm admired for my artistic talents...but I have to say, there are others with MORE talent than I. So, no...I'm gonna refrain from listing anything. Everyone has admirable talents, it's all in one's mind actually.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: I try anything once...and I won't ever have okra again!

Worst Habit: These days? Procrastinating. I don't jump up and do something right away anymore, then, I have a double chore because I put it off too long.

X-rays: Teeth, Chest, broken fingers, sonograms, mamograms ...ya, lots.

Yummy Stuff: As in food? Still...after all these years, brownies with pecans....but, with life in general? Watching baseball or going to a ballpark and just sitting, viewing the fun the small kids have [yes, that's yummy eye candy and makes my heart full of joy.] Food again? Bad unhealthy foods...yummy!! Then, as in 'yummy' nature? I'd consider sunrises yummy too. The phenomenon has never been a boring aspect. To witness the colors, the rays stretching out above the horizon...awesome, even on a cloudless day. It's like yummy nectar in my line of vision.

Zoo Animal I Like Most: Without a doubt T I G E R S!!!




78 comments :

  1. Am I first? Am I really?

    That's a beautiful tattoo. It took me a while to realise what you meant by "tiger". I thought someone had played a trick on you :)

    Can't show you my tattoo - I have none - but that shot is making me think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni! I'll love to show you a tattoo on me.........................IF I ever find the guts to endure the needles :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have been brave to do that! Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a gerat tat Anni. Perhaps I should have photographed my tats for this week too. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry. I can't show you mine - cos I'm scared of needles - so I didn't look at yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any tattoos, but my daughter Jessica has 4! Your tiger/butterfly is certainly unique. :o)

    I really enjoyed your ABC meme. I just did a meme on my blog and I have another to do the first of the week.

    Hope you have a great weekend, Anni! :o)

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha!! Thank you for your comment! Cool butterfly! :) And since you showed yours I'll show mine.. ;) Linked to it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was it a caterpillar and a cocoon before it became a butterfly ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Anni. no tatts here im not a lover of them. but i do like your colourful butterfly. my Daughter has a small Tiger on the back of her shoulder which ive grown to like as im a tiger fan..I think they are a magnificent animal...

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tattoo good idea for this weeks theme! thanks for visiting mine. happy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tattoo. Cool.
    Thanks for dropping by and have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I like your tattoo. I have one on my right arm, below my elbow. It is the sun kissing the moon. I enjoyed your meme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice tat Anni! And I love how you put together the design yourself :)

    Great take on the the theme!

    Have a great weekend. My PH entry is here:

    My Life In The Urban Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouh I thought it was a butterfly until you said it! Cool one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tattoo, and great that you designed it yourself. I have a son with tattoos, and he designs his own. Also both daughters have tattoos, and one almost-daughter. I'm too scared. Well, I think I'm too scared!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    What a delightful tattoo. I'm not surprised that you designed it yourself. You are talented in the art department and yes, we all have some special talent. All we have to do is recognize it and hone it.

    Again, my friend, I see a lot of similarities between us. I do not have a tattoo but have always wanted to get one. Just never got up the nerve. I was in my 30s before I got my ears pierced.

    I am not a lover of scents either. When I get near someone who has on a heavy cologne or perfume, it cuts my breathing off and I feel like I'm suffocating.

    Of course we have Meeko, so I am a dog person. I feel very safe with him here. Though he is a lot of work. He's worth it though.

    Enjoyed your meme and getting to know you a little better. Now I'm off to go garage saleing if I don't get rained out.

    Enjoy your weekend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. i can not show you anything because i don't have any tatto :D

    My post in here Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful and unique tattoo, I love it!

    Would like to show you mine, but I don´t have one just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ouch! you braved the needles! fun post Ms. Anni, i was laughing while i read...lol....happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great design for a tattoo. You are braver than me. I'm scared to get a tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tattoo is nice...happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry, I don't have any tattoos! It took all my courage just to pierce my ears!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool - is that a real tattoo? I don't think I've ever seen one so vibrant. My husband and I have toyed with the idea of small ones on our ankles recently - maybe we'll do like you, for our 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  24. MyGoodFinds5/31/2008

    Very inspiring--> getting a tattoo on 50! Cool tattoo.

    Thanks for visiting.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have to admit Anni, I'm not crazy about tats, but I will say, those colors are gorgeous. And I had to laugh at your justification. *grin*

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Write From Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the image of the tiger hidden in the image of the butterfly, that is neat-o! I wish I could get a tattoo, but my Mommie said I am Not Allowed. Rats.

    ReplyDelete
  27. cool grandma... lovely tattoo you are an artist.. thanks to your comment....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Boy, learned a lot about you from this meme!! I am at work at Curves and really just sitting here this morning. Boring for sure!! I wish that I was home. You have a tatoo...well that is something else!! That is one thing that I just would not do..i don't like pain!! Smile. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well, if I were going to have a tattoo, this one would be one I'd consider...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A tatoo with 50 ? not bad, lol ! Only I don't like tatoos ! In your meme we have a lot in commun, the microwave and way of cooking for example, we both love cats, I also sleep in one shot 6 or 7 h, and I don't wear eau de Cologne either. But I don't care about snakes I hate spiders !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The tatoo is oh,so cool. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. you are very gifted with being able to express yourself. Your cat is beautiful! The stuffed beetle and taking out the stuffing, great idea! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, I love your tattoo design. I never would have noticed it was a tiger face if you hadn't pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yup! Your little tigerfly is adorable! Krysti designed her own tattoo too... And Amanda has one ON PAPER - but has not had it transfered to her body yet. She designed it 2 or 3 years ago. When people ask if she has any tattoos she always says "Yep! On paper!" I think she's holding out for her brother to become a tattoo artist -- but I don't think that's going to happen! (I honestly think he's going to end up a CHEF! Or he might just own a restaurant... OH BOY!)

    Enjoyed your alphabet list too! I didn't learn much - but I still enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. That is quite a unique tattoo! I enjoyed doing that ABC meme a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice tattoo... and your comment has got me wondering whether I'm the last person in the world still without a tattoo. (And if you're wondering, can't figure what I'd like to have for a tattoo! ;b)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh wow, what a wonderfully brilliant idea! I didn't see the tiger until you pointed it out. :)

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  37. No tattoos here...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh what a great tattoo - I love it!!!

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cute designed tattoo. I don't think I will have one for the moment. Gosh! I have lost to you in courage!! Hehe :P

    http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. That's a great tatt, more meaning for having designed it yourself. I have one on my right shoulder, hard to take a pic of it, haha. It's a replica of the horse I rode for about 10 years and this one has a brand (Bar JP) on it's shoulder that the real on didn't have. It was my Dad's brand for many years.

    Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Whoof!! I gots a tattoo too, but yurs is purtier. Mine is just letters and numbers in my right ear fur identification if I ever gets lost. Bark!


    See my picture of me:
    Photo Hunters

    And my dog blog is here:
    Reba’s Run

    ReplyDelete
  42. No tattoos here but that is very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  43. thank you for showing me yours ha ha!

    btw that's a lovely tat!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very interesting Tattoo!

    ~ Noah

    ReplyDelete
  45. omg anni, you're pretty tough one! my tattoo in my PH entry was henna. (chicken!)
    very cool my hat's off to you.
    c",) Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your tattoo look fanstastic maam, the color is still vibrant and it really look fashionable. Great! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  47. If I'm not doing something truly noble, like, you know, popping out a kid or something, I don't want any part of that sort of pain! LOL! It is lovely, though.

    Mine's up. Just me.

    http://lorivillarreal.typepad.com/do_you_realize/2008/05/photo-hunt-saturday--self.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. sallyacious5/31/2008

    What a great response to the theme. And a very clever tease in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow..i really admire you enduring the pain doing your tatoo..and doing it at 50..now that's really cool..;)

    Pearl - have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love your tattoo and that's exactly where I'd get one if I got one. lol

    Enjoyed the meme, too. I feel like I know you a bit better now.

    Have a great weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  51. There's always surprises every week. Am way too chicken to get a tattoo! Have been away for last while but am back to photohunt with the biggest part of me on display LOL. Hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow oh wow - definitely original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love your creation!! I would get one too if I wasn't so chicken...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  54. You never cease to amaze me girlfriend!!!LOL
    What a great tatoo!
    Happy weekend
    L

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow, I had to look twice before I could see a tiger, but it's great! Although I'm not a tattoo person myself...

    ReplyDelete
  56. You are just a hoot, I never had the urge to get a tattoo, so I do not have one to show you.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I should have known that you would come up with something creative like that! Wow! It's awesome - and very special. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  58. nice one for today's theme "self" which reminds me the quote,,, We are all primary numbers divisible only by ourselves.... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  59. What a very nice tigerfly!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I really do want a tatto but haven't found a place I trust to have one... Yours is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. First of, I cannot believe you had a tattoo done on you! Heheh. I admire your guts. All I had is a henna tattoo -ever!

    Second, it's a cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  62. A beautiful tatoo! An original shot for the theme! I sure my daughters would be happy if I did a tatoo!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Anni, you daring thing. I would be too scared to do it in case I regretted it. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  64. That's a good photo! Hope your weekend is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. I had to look twice to find the tiger! Very creative tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Oh, I like that tattoo! I don't have any but I do like that design of yours! My daughter has one but I'm afraid of the needles!

    Happy Hunting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I’m so happy you decided to share your cool butterfly/tiger tattoo today!!! It’s WONDERFUL and makes me want to go get the one I’ve wanted for decades … so maybe I will ;--)

    I enjoyed your ABC meme but am not likely to do it myself … ever. Twenty-six is just too many things to share all at once … and you know I’ve watching TENNIS these days. LOL

    I’m the baby of MY family too and I put stuph off way too long before just getting it done!!!

    Mine’s at Small Reflections as usual.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  68. Sassy! ThanX for stopping by my place today. It's a pleasure to be back in the hunt again.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love your tattoo, it's very clever... at first I thought "tiger...tiger moth?", then I looked closer and saw the tiger face! I'm impressed that you designed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love your tattoo! I have 3, 1 of a flower and 2 of dolphins, I'm resisting getting another, but they are so addictive! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  71. nice tattoo!! would love to have one on my chest... someday haha!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I'm late getting around this week because I'm travelling. Very clever with your self-portrait Anni! Sorry I don't have one to show... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  73. IT TOOK ME SEVERAL LOOKS TO FIND THE TIGER Are you still glad you have it?

    ReplyDelete
  74. That is a permanent tattoo? Love the colors -- but I don't think I can stand the pain of having tattoos. Thanks for visiting my photo hunt last week!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Sorry for my late visit. That's a lovely butterfly tattoo. I also had butterfly tattoo before but it was only henna.

    ReplyDelete
  76. WOW... just wow, Anni! That's so creative! I can also remember the template you've had a while back with the pretty cool tiger "floating" down... I loved this one... but the tattoo is unbeatable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love your tat, too!!! lol

    I've always wanted one on my ankle, but I never know what to put on there. So, I thought, why not put one on my chest, and wear turtle necks at the office (and church! haha) for the rest of my life. I love it though. ;)

    Cheers to us fearless inked femmes!

    ReplyDelete

.