my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






Okay, this is one great, and FUN, Fun Monday. IT Guy is hosting this week. And....

Our challenge is to put down 5 movie lines [quotes]. So simple, it's difficult. Difficult, why? 'Cause our family of four --son and daughter included in phone conversations, do movie quotes. One movie in particular, but that is neither here nor there. For nearly 40 years we've been quoting from ONE movie all the time. But I'll refrain from doing just that and come up with five different movie quotes.

Overture, curtains, lights,
This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you'll hit the heights
And oh what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

Tonight what heights we'll hit
On with the show this is it

[no I'm quoting the old days when I was a kid, from Looney Tunes...not a movie. That is not one of my 5 quotes.]





1] "How many are following us?" [Butch Cassidy] "All of 'em!" [Sundance Kid] "ALL of 'em?" "What's the matter with those guys?" [Butch Cassidy] These three lines are used all the time when we go off the highway's off/on ramps and we ask the passengers in the car, how many are following us. Then the passenger looks in the mirror or out the car's back window, and says: all of 'em. Well, you gotta be there to appreciate the humor I guess.

    Movie: Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid [1969 - a favorite movie]
    Butch Cassidy - Paul Newman
    Sundance Kid - Robert Redford


2] A western. The character of Doc makes the movie a great flick!! And of the many lines of his, we use this one a lot around our house. When someone says something snide or a cut-down all in fun, we reply with this line from the movie "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself." [Doc to Wyatt Earp] OR! Another quote from the movie we use is "I'm your Huckleberry.". [Doc]

    Movie: Tombstone [1993]
    Doc Holiday - Val Kilmer [both lines above]


3] This is quite self-explaining! "Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men you mean." [Scarlett to Rhett]

    Movie: Gone With the Wind [1939]
    Scarlett - Vivien Leigh


4] I love this one! "...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and provide new guards for their future security." [Ben Gates to Riley]

    Movie: National Treasure [2004]
    Ben - Nicholas Cage
    [this line is also a quote from the Declaration of Independence! I just like this quote --and try to remember it from time to time]


5] Yep, we've used this line in our daily routine here...when we're being smart alecky after asked to help out. "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request." "Means 'no' ". [Barbossa to "Ms. Swann"]

    Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean [1st]
    Barbossa - Geoffry Rush
~...end Fun Monday
[scroll down after the 'tag' / awards section of entry for commenting]


<><><>



I've been tagged by Serena over at Cool Chat Blog on the 8 facts/habits of mine! No problem. I have habits that need to aired like dirty laundry, and maybe I can drum up a few facts that y'all don't know 'bout me.

Here are the rules:

In the 8 facts about yourself, you share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you. Then at the end you tag at least 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going.


Okay...now, here are my 8 facts/habits
    1] I've always wanted to stick my paws and face out of a moving car's window to see what pleasure dogs get out of it.
    2] I like to sit and daydream of a good world, and wonder what is wrong with society today.
    3] Of all the colors in the world, I like orange the least. [in clothing!!!]
    4] I don't like to be called sweetie or hon by sales clerks.
    5] I tend to snore doze off, when I'm watching TV.
    6] I'm working on losing the high LDL in my blood cholesterol!!
    7] One of my most favorite sights, while driving long distances, is livestock [horse OR cattle] in a sunlit green pasture.
    8] I have a habit of picking hairs [mainly cat hair] off my clothes and hubby's too!!


Now for the tag. I normally don't tag anyone. Just invite those who visit to do the meme or not...their choice. But today, I tag all who come here from 5AM Monday the 10th of March thru 5AM Tuesday the 11th of March. [Okay....no? Fine...do the meme if you want to then, it's up to you!!!]

<><><>

Storyteller at Small Reflections treated me with some terrific recognition. I so appreciate this!! It makes me so very humbled by your kindness. Thanks so much. [the kitty award makes me giggle!]





Nikki @ My Hubby Calls Me Weird will host next Monday.

39 comments :

  1. Thank you for the blessing. "Marriage, fun? Fiddle-dee-dee. Fun for men you mean." Gone with the Wind has such a wealth of quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie !
    You are one creative gal. Love your banner. Makes me giggle.
    Great quotes.
    Will try to get back over here more often, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for doing the tag, Anni.
    I like to feel the breeze on my face and hair with the window down when we are traveling out of the city where the air is fresher. It feels good. :D

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you, Anni, about orange. That is my least favorite color.

    Congratulations on your awards. You are very deserving.

    Have a goog week.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always know how to make me smile, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I loved your tags!!! You crack me up! I love Pirates as well and love the quote you picked. Means no! LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Anni,
    I enjoyed reading your Fun Monday movie sayings. I would say that number 3 is my favorite. LOL. I also enjoyed reading the 8 things about you. Since I'm here before 5:00a.m., I won't have to do the Tag. LOL. I got here just in time huh? LOL. "CONGRATULATION'S" on some very well deserved Awards. I do like the Cat Award and YOU DO ROCK!!!! I do hope you had a great weekend. I started using St. Patrick's Day themes on my blog today and will continue thru next Monday. I wanted to get an early start on it. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    I just have to come and visit. It sounds like you have a lot of fun at your place.

    Like you, I'm trying to lose all that bad cholesterol. I take meds for it. It's easy to get, but hard to get rid of.

    I will try to remember to do the meme when I post tonight. It looks like fun and there is a lot my blogging friends don't know about me. I just can't think of anything right now, but I have all day to think on it.

    Congratulations on all the awards. You certainly are deserving.

    Blessings for a wonderful day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patricia3/10/2008

    Hey Hon. ;) You have never held you "paws" and head out of a movng vehicle? Oh, the joy! You must try it! lol
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking 1776:The Musical when I read the "National Treasure" quote.
    Those were all great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I swear I was here early but something was wrong with the post a comment link...it was not working! But here now...

    Love your Fun Monday entries...I never think of that...great job there! You always brighten my day!

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your #2 movie line and I live your #3!!! Great FM! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found FM quite difficult this time, but you managed it very well !
    Maybe I will feel myself tagged one day for the meme you did when I am short of inspiration, lol !
    I am still waiting for the storm they announced for today, everybody is angry because parcs and streets are closed, there is a terrible mess in Brussels and the wind is just a little blow so far ! First it was for 1 pm now for 3 pm it's already 2.30 ! I think the weathermen watched too much TV of hurricans in the States !

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing how many people are quoting from Gone with the Wind. I really must get around to watchingit all the way through one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We say, "I'm your huckleberry" and "You ain't no daisy" a lot around here. He had so many good lines in that movie. Didn't Val Kilmer do an excellent job as Doc Holliday? He was my favorite part of the movie. I always like Sam Elliot, too. Kurt Russell was just eh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another half vote for Gone with the wind even though its a different quote to "Frankly my dear....."

    ReplyDelete
  17. FUN MONDAY - but I like cat pic also

    ReplyDelete
  18. All fantastic quotes my dear!! I can totally see the humor in #1!!! I need to start using #2 and #5 more!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,

    Thanks for leaving the comment about the snow. No, it wasn't that cold. It had been really cold the night before, but the sun is shining and the streets are pretty much clear now. This is the most snow we've had since the 60's. There was one bad storm during the 80s. At least we had power and were warm and cozy. Hubby had to work out in that and was stuck lots of times.

    Thanks for your comments. I am ready for spring.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great quotes! I LOVE the one from Pirates. Must remember to spring that one on my boss this week ;)

    Always fun stoppping by...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I knew there must be a Butch and Sundance Kid line in this Fun Monday. You're the first Anni! I get your reasons for the wise governing quote--good to be reminded that we have the responsibility and opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't like westerns, but those lines (and the fact that Val Kilmer is in it) make me want to watch "Tombstone!" And GWTW is the BEST MOVIE EVAH! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Number one pops up in my life from time to time - and it ALWAYS makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good picks, although I have to confess that I haven't seen most of those films.

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute kitty award Anni...I agree with it also!!! I love your movie quotes, especially the one from National Treasure! I also agree with you about society...it frightens me for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great quotes and love that you and your family use them. This is the first time I did a Fun Monday. Thanks for the blessing and Go Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those quotes and the way your family uses them. I especially like number 5. I nearly picked a Gone With the Wind one too.

    ANd I love your graphics. Do you draw them? They are fabulous.

    And congrats on the awards. The cat one is so cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! Great quotes. I love the PoC and National Treasure ones! Such great movies! Why didn't I think of them!?!?! And I really like how you've listed the movie pictures too.

    And you go girl! Drop that LDL number!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I stopped in at your command!
    ;0) I love the one from Pirates of the Carribean...I need to memorize that to say to my kids. It'll build their vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lots of Gone with the Wind going around today.

    I agree with the orange clothing...then I looked down and noticed - I have an orange shirt on today! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the Pirates of the Caribbean quote!

    Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I grew up watching westerns but don't remember much, maybe I should rewatch them all. :) Love the National Treasure line!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those were great quotes. Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love your movie quotes. "gone with the wind" is one of those with a bunch of lines that i quote all the time (including the one about birthin' babies!!)

    happy fun monday!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. That just cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You know it took me a good, minute or 2 to lace that song from looney tunes!! I haven't heard that in YEARS!!!

    Great List!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. i have never seen Sundance one or tombstone!! I am a movie lover and finding theres quite a few I haven't seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love #3 of you fun Monday! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love all of your quotes.

    And like you, I don't particularly like being called hon or sweetie by people I don't know. Yesterday and today I've had men in my building say "hey baby, how you doing?". Blech.

    ReplyDelete

.