my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




&

~...Heads or Tails

List 7 things from any category of your choice

SEVEN CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
    1] Getting my new bike
    2] Becoming a Crossing Guard in 6th Grade
    3] My Dad making me stilts
    4] Having a crush on Bobby L!!
    5] Seeing Yellowstone Nat'l Park
    [getting a small stuffed bear with music 'box']



    Let's see, I think we were in Yellowstone Park for the first time when I was about 10...so this is about 48-49 years old!! We were half way to the Grand Teton's national park and I begged my dad to go back to Yellowstone to get me the bear...he did!! And it still works!!! The music is Brahms Lullaby.

    6] Mom teaching me to cook. [over several years]
    7] Trying out and making the team for softball! [I was a pitcher!]


~...end Heads or Tails
[scroll below to comment link]


<><><>


~10 on Tuesday



list 10 Favorite Drinks
    1] Water
    2] Orange Juice
    3] Canada Dry Ginger Ale
    4] Diet Sierra Mist
    5] Red Wine
    6] White Wine
    7] Lime Italian Ice
    8] Sonic Smoothies
    9] Orange Italian Ice
    10] Cherry Italian Ice


~...end 10 on Tuesday
[scroll below to comment link]


<><><>

And since this has been a bit on the 'quiet' side of me and my blogging style, I wanted to spice it up a little. Here goes:

"In Hillary Clinton's new book 'Living History,' Hillary details what it was like meeting Bill Clinton, falling in love with him, getting married, and living a passionate, wonderful life as husband and wife. Then on page two, the trouble starts." —Jay Leno


**---**---**


Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican?

Here is a little test that will help you decide. Question: How do you tell the difference between Democrats, Republicans and Southern Republicans? The answer can be found by posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Democrat's Answer:
    * Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
    * Does the man look poor or oppressed?
    * Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
    * Could we run away?
    * What does my wife think?
    * What about the kids?
    * Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
    * What does the law say about this situation!?
    * Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
    * Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
    * Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
    * Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
    * If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
    * Should I call 9-1-1?
    * Why is this street so deserted?
    * We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
    * This is all so confusing! ! I need to debate this with some ! friends for few days and try to come to a consensus.


Republican's Answer: BANG!

Southern Republican's Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.....(sounds of reloading). BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

**---**---**


Remember the election way back when Florida was all messed up in their ballot counting? Here is the state's official bumper sticker:

FLORIDA: Home of electile dysfunction.


**---**---**

A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that... is the beginning of a new argument.


**---**---**

PS --I'll be at the Texas primary, voting, today. I have no idea how long it'll be/nor the amount of the turnout. But, it may be a while before I get to leave comments after 7AM here.

34 comments :

  1. Good Morning Anni,
    I enjoyed reading your Heads or Tails. It's always nice to remember things from our childhood. Okay now, who is Bobby L? LOL. You must tell me who Bobby L. is. LOL. Wow, a pitcher. Maybe you can come and help out our daughters in their pitching. Our oldest daughter is suppose to pitch some, but the Coach's daughter is always pitching and he won't hardly let anyone else pitch. Awwww, 10 on Tuesday. Now let me see, what will I have to drink here? LOL. I don't see my beer on there. LOL. Ohmygosh, I so love the joke about Hilary Clinton. LOL. That's way too funny. All of the jokes you shared are just so funny I'm ROFLMBO here. LOL. I do like the one about the Florida election tho. LOL. The frog joke is way too funny as well. LOL. I can't even type now because I'm ROFLMBO here. LOL. Oh yes Maam', a Woman does have the last say in anything. LOL. I know I do. LOL. My DH knows he can't win over me in anything. LOL. I hope you won't have a long wait in the election today. I imagine it will be a good turnout unless the weather is bad or something. That's how it is around here when we have elections. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your head or tails answers sweetie. Thanks for making me laugh this morning, those jokes were funny!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in the Yellowstone parc in 1971 it was just wonderful and no tourists of course. That changed of course except the old Faithful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the funnies. Also I wonder if Bobby L reads this blog...now that would be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! It was my youngest sister who got a new bike...we were all excited though!
    Hmmnnn...I also remembered those elementary crushes...One gave me a wallet .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your list, fellow Texan. Can't believe you have a bear from your childhood still. That's awesome! And electile dysfunction made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are seven really nice memories. It made me think of my own childhood.

    Funny jokes. Thanks for starting my day with laughter. (The first comment really cracked me up.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your childhood memories. That bear looks like it's still in decent shape. I still have my first teddy bear, but it's falling apart. I guess I loved him too much.

    I enjoyed your jokes, too. BANG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yellowstone would have been fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you still have that bear. I still have my 1st cabbage patch kid...who is now 26 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these wonderful childhood memories. It's great that you have kept that bear all these years. It must be one of your priceless treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the story about the bear, and I think it is so awesome that you still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was a safety in 6th grade as well. Um, no democrat is ever going to be holding a fully loaded Glock. C'mon, give peace a chance. Snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow.. I remember learning to ride a bike, too. I was much older than kids learn today, though. I think I was in first grade.

    You were a crossing guard safety? Guess what? I was a crossing guard lady! It was the only time in my life when I could point at a street corner and say "this is where I work."

    I LOVE Yellowstone!!! Your dad sounds like a really cool guy. I bet he was a hero in your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I did the crossing guard in the 4th grade with my 2 best friends - I had fun with it :-0

    Happy HoT!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, wonderful Heads or Tails. Stilts? Now that's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed the childhood memories!


    ....as for meeting that terrorist....


    Bang! ...and hope one does it!!!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are wonderful memories. Thank you for reminding me that it wouldn't be that hard to find 7 of my own.

    Hmmm...I must be more a Republican than I thought...

    Thanks for stoppin' by! (BTW, the stuff "growing" on the guys chest were cigarette butts.) Happy Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anni, I have enjoyed reading your Heads or Tails...It is funny how people can remember childhood memories ,but can't remember what they ate last week??/This would be me!!!!

    Your bear from your dad is great and holds so many loving memories...

    I had to stop and go back to read again the comment about Florida...I thought it said they had an erectile dysfunction...LOL...

    Take care and have a fun day.
    hugs, baba

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great childhood memories and so cool you still have your bear! Italian ice...YUMMY! Hope the primary ges well for you, a big turnout would be good. I must be a Republican....BANG!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karen @FamilyBriefs3/04/2008

    Great childhood memories! I remember getting my first bike (and promptly falling off of it!).

    I have some of my old babydolls and a couple of stuffed animals, but NONE of them look as pristine as your bear!

    Who is Bobby L?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I liked your political-party test! (I guess I know how you voted in Texas today...)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today - drinks are on me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That´s far too cute! I fell head over feet in love with your bear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the comment on my 10 for Tuesday! Your 10 drinks are so healthy!! :)

    I didn't know that Tin Cup was filmed near Tucson (at Old Tucson Studios?) I consider Tucson my hometown, I lived there for 8 years.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ROFL, that joke about Democrats, Republicans & Southern Republicans hee hee hee, still laughing! For the favorite beverages, lots of us are saying water--good choice, I say! And I enjoyed reading your memories...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Anni,

    Thanks for dropping by. Ah, wine is something that I am not used to. But of course they are an accompaniment to a good meal in the west.

    As for the watermelon juice or any juice for the matter, I prefer them fresh. If they bottled these fruit juices, the enzymes are gone and they become acidic.

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed your 10 on Tuesday list. I play along on my
    Livin' With Me blog. I put water on my list too- but only because I thought I should.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your Florida joke!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun list of mem’ries … and I love the Yellowstone Bear! I forgot all about smoothies when I made MY list! I love Jamba Juice!!! Thanks for the chuckles at the end … I love laughter!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  31. Who is Bobby L? Very fun Heads or Tails! Yellowstone is our absolute favorite yearly family vacation! We love it there and it's cheap to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG Anni-
    you're a hoot and a riot! I loved your Florida Bumper Sticker posty "Home of the Electile Dysfunctional" ROFLMBO!!!
    Anyhooty- I galloped by to say Howdy Pardner! *waves*
    I also posted my Smoothie recipe in the comments section of my post, as per your request! Lemme know how you like it!
    Have a great day!
    ~W~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for visiting mine! Funny thing you say about Florida... I agree and I live in Broward County! Go figure. It wasn't my fault though!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG I had totally forgotten being crossing guard! Do you remember what a thrill it was to get that white sash and badge for a week? I can't believe I forgot that part of my childhood. Thank you, Anni! My HoT is here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

.