my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds








Tiggerlane is our hostess and she's asked us to:
    Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It must be at least five items - and you can make it as long as you desire. Photos are optional. And let's hear about some of the wackiest, most bizarre to-do's on your Bucket List!


EASY!! But in warning, it's considered a bit political.
For years, I've wanted to do this before I die! My very number one thing on my bucket list is go to Washington and tell each and every ONE of the people who think they're running the country for us....tell them to all shove it where the sun don't shine!!!! And I'd begin with the oval office. At least being 'oval'....it's the right shape to "stick it". No, seriously. If this is the government by the people and for the people....they haven't got it right yet.

No, I have enough sense to NOT go 'postal' but this, people, is something that is VERY conservative for my voiced opinions - I would dearly love to just go say "take your politics and shove it" then walk away feeling I've accomplished a life long dream...freedom of speech has gone down the tubes around our country too!! So, naturally, I'll refrain from saying what's been on my mind for the ages. If I would speak my opinion and live to regret it, I'd probably be one of those like Jimmy "H" who mysteriously disappeared under some thick cement slab to be never found again. Only thing is, I'm an American peon, and there wouldn't be any headlines, or 'breaking news'.



Sit down....oh I guess maybe you're already sitting. So, let me tell you a story:

    Could Noah build his ark today?

    If Noah had lived in the United States today the story may have gone something like this:

    And the Lord spoke to Noah and said, "In one year, I am going to make it rain and cover the whole earth with water until all flesh is destroyed. But I want you to save the righteous people and two of every kind of living thing on earth. Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark." In a flash of lightning, God delivered the specifications for an Ark. In fear and trembling, Noah took the plans and agreed to build the ark. "Remember," said the Lord, "you must complete the Ark and bring everything aboard in one year."

    Exactly one year later, fierce storm clouds covered the earth and all the seas of the earth went into a tumult. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard weeping. "Noah!" He shouted. "Where is the Ark?"

    "Lord, please forgive me," cried Noah. "I did my best, but there were big problems.'

    First, I had to get a permit for construction, and your plans did not meet the building codes. I had to hire an engineering firm and redraw the plans.
    Then I got into a fight with OSHA over whether or not the Ark needed a sprinkler system and approved floatation devices.
    Then, my neighbor objected, claiming I was violating zoning ordinances by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission.

    Then, I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark, because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the Spotted Owl. I finally convinced the U.S. Forest Service that I really needed the wood to save the owls. However, the Fish and Wildlife Service won't let me take the 2 owls.

    The carpenters formed a union and went on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or hammer. Now, I have 16 carpenters on the Ark, but still no owls.

    When I started rounding up the other animals, an animal rights group sued me. They objected to me taking only two of each kind aboard. This suit is pending.

    Meanwhile, the EPA notified me that I could not complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take very kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of the Creator of the Universe.

    Then, the Army Corps of Engineers demanded a map of the proposed flood plain. I sent them a globe.

    Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that I am practicing discrimination by not taking atheists aboard.

    The IRS has seized my assets, claiming that I'm building the Ark in preparation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes. I just got a notice from the state that I owe them some kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark as a 'recreational water craft'.

    And finally, the ACLU got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the Ark, saying that since God is flooding the earth, it's a religious event, and, therefore unconstitutional.
    I really don't think I can finish the Ark for another five or six years."

    Noah waited. The sky began to clear, the sun began to shine, and the seas began to calm. A rainbow arched across the sky.

    Noah looked up hopefully. "You mean you're not going to destroy the earth, Lord?"

    "No," He said sadly. "I don't have to. The government already has."


Now that that has been told, other things on my bucket list is to PATCH my bucket! I noticed when the seas began to swell just before Noah talked with God, that my bucket, where I'll stash my list, has a severe leak!!! My ambition has been told to the whole world...a big leak. And I still need to make that trek to the 'big city' before I KICK ass the bucket and find those areas where the SUN DON'T SHINE. Other than this big #1, also on my list would be:

Be the pilot [captain] of a jumbo jet
Race a car and win
Trek across Ireland [it's rumored that St. Patrick cleared the land of snakes!]
Write a best selling novel of epic proportion!

Then, after all these are done, there'd be one more to do on the list....and since I'm on a roll --it'd would be to:



get on TV national news and in front of the microphone as Charles Gibson is holding it in front of me to voice my opinions, I'd say: "Corporate America? You're unfair to the consumer...straighten up or I will boycott you to the point that others will finally get wise, and follow suit. I'm tired of being cheated into buying a new product that is 'improved and super fantastic' only to find that in a year or two it's obsolete and there is no feedback or support to be found for the 'old' product!!!! Eventually I hope to STOP purchasing anything new until it's something worthy of buying, and it'll last beyond the year's waranty!!"



Next week's HOSTESS!!
[the story borrowed from here]
[NYG Super Bowl picture from Official Site]

<><><>

In other news:


Giants 17 - Pats 14
I was terrifically pleased that they won. Manning as MVP was a good choice too! Tho we watched only bits and pieces of the game, the outcome was good for me. Pats have won enough!!! We needed some 'new blood' in the victory lane.

41 comments :

  1. Good Evening Anni,
    AMEN, AMEN, AMEN, & AMEN!!!! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND, TELL EM' LIKE IT IS!!!! I GOT YOUR BACK!!!! Ver well said my friend. When you get ready to go to Washington, look me up and I'll go with you to voice my opinion with you. I may get throwed in jail, so be sure to bring some cash to bail me out. LOL. Wait, wait, just go and get some cash out of the safe and bail me out on the Government. LOL. Oh Anni, this is just a wonderful post. I so enjoyed the story of Noah. Your on your way with this story right here of writing a novel. Dang, you are good. Now I don't think I could be a pilot. LOL. Nope, no way. LOL. I would love to go to Ireland as well, but that would be a very long plane ride and well ummmm, I bess not get on a plane. Heck, I'm afraid the dadgum Government might hi-jack it. LOL. It's true, you don't know what them people are up to up there. Oh my gosh, you have done got me all fired up now. LOL. I better go before I get so mad(not at you, but the Government) and start saying some bad words. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great evening/morning. May God Bless You and Yours. You should consider running for President. You might just get things back on track.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.
    P.S. Oh and by the way, they sure as heck don't make things the way they used to years ago either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie...can I come with you to both places...the government and corporate america!! Your go girl...I am right with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intersting approach to your bucket list. Now, that you mention there are days when I would like to tell my employers to screw it...why not the government and corporate America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni,

    I love this post. Things aren't much different in Canada. The right to free speech is long gone.

    Loved your bucket list. There's always something interesting to be found here.

    Love ya, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your list. i'll come with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hear hear!! Loved this post:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know when you're heading to DC 'cause I want to be standing right next to you when you tell them all to screw themselves!

    (If you're the pilot of the airliner heading to DC, then maybe I can use a "buddy pass"??? I am trying to get ut of debt, remember?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. heh--you don't have to put that on your list. just do it!

    they all get email, you know....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was great! You started my morning with a laugh and some serious thought all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list. I can verify that Ireland is snake free, but I think it;s more to do with the climate than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent!!! Great post and list!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anni, good luck with your attack on Government and corporate America if you feel that you have achieved anything when its all over you can do a world tour passing the message to all the other worthy recipients

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh geez you are loaded, lol ! But I certainly can understand you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're my hero. Of course, I would not have the courage to post anything political on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like fun! I agree they haven't got it right yet!! I too am happy that the Giants won, simply because the Pats have won enough and I was sick and tired of hearing about their perfect season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go Anni, Go! That was a good one!

    Yay for the Giants!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go Giants! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni! I got your back! I love it when people aren't afraid to say what they think. Or worse, just listen to the TV pundits or celebrities to help them decide WHAT to think!

    I struggle all the time with whether to blog about politics and I'm coming 'round to the idea that it's my blog and I'll say what I'm thinking even if I might scare away friends and readers who don't share my views.

    Thanks for giving me a spinal implant today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your list. I am glad the Giants won too! It was a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well Anni, I hope in some way you can do your 1st and 2nd wish. The Fly a jumbo jet now there's a great wish :)Maybe you could fly both of us to Ireland!
    See you in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think there are snakes everywhere. But go to Ireland, anyway. Just wear hiking boots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All right Anni! Don't mince words! It sounds like you've got a whole mob of us ready to help you take on DC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, good on you, Anni! You tell 'em, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was the first time in YEARS that I didn't watch the game. It was on for background noise though as me and hubby played our PC game.

    Can you email me more detail about the dream? Like describe the setting/building, did the dream and end there, what was the interior like, was there anything else that stands out?

    skittles0366@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amen, Anni.

    Loved your post and right there with you. My husband has been in the audio and video repair business for 20 years now and seen the change in quality. The new stuff is junk, falls apart within 6 months and the manufactures don't support with parts or service. They just replace it with another piece of junk. So Sad. Ready to march to Washington with you.

    Robin of mytwoblessings

    ReplyDelete
  26. That was a really entertaining post~ I loved it could so easily apply to the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anni!!!

    You always have such wonderful ideas----so I am coming her to ask you to check out the little doll my daughter and I made--what would you name it?

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness this put such a gigantic smile on my face. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I truly believe many of the people go into politics thinking they will change things.. Instead, they get changed.

    But you spoke up. Freedom!
    I'll come bail you out if you get arrested????

    ReplyDelete
  30. It would be sweet to tell off the politicians as they seem to have forgotten what is right and wrong these days. And I'm with you on the Corporate part too. Good thoughtful list!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I knew, knew, knew you would have a good list and WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great list!! I'm with you on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is quite the list. You can tell them, but I'm afraid they won't be listening. And that is a big part of the problem.

    Yeah, no snakes in Ireland, I might pack my bags.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's your bucket list so you get to add whatever you want to it and I think this was fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You got all KINDS of things goin' on girl!! And WOOHOO for the Giants!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Girl, you are ALL kinda of bold - you go! That would be so awesome to do - incredibly awesome. LOVE IT! Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loved your rant...uh, I mean, your list! The Noah's Ark story was great!

    I will not comment on the...nope, can't even bring myself to say the word...something about a football game...can't do it. I'm crying again I think... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. AMEN!!!! I want to go with you and cheer you on. :) LOVE the post! Ok I just love your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete

.