“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






~Wordless Wednesday



~...end Wordless

<><><>


For the last week or so, the two of us have been busy cleaning the house. Gutting out closets and preparing a Good Will box of things we haven't used for the last year or so. It never ceases to amaze me with the amount of items we've accomplished to 'collect' then...eventually cease to use them. Or wear them. I got rid of several clothing items from my closet...mainly jeans and blouses and a few sweaters. Then, my shoe collection. :::ahem::: *choking* Ya, I love shoes. [That in itself is hilarious, because I'd much prefer being barefooted. I remember my not then hubby's grandmother always complaining that I was without shoes...she said: "The girl is gonna get married with barefeet".] Well, if I coulda, I woulda!! So, I got sidetracked a bit. Excuse me. Thing is, I tossed at least a dozen pair of shoes. And one pair of boots. I still can't walk in the walk-in closet very well....I have 'em on two shelves above the clothes racks, and on the floor below the clothes. I best be more lenient with my decision and get rid of MORE!! Oh and this will make you laugh for sure...while walking around in the mall the other day, I found a cute pair of spring-like heeled sandals...beige with black...Yep, I got 'em!!

Okay, so I'm still working on tackling one closet. Ya, it's cleaned out, but I left out all the photo albums that we've accumulated over the years on purpose. I want to get them all back into some kind of order. I was debating whether to scan them and then put all the photos on a disk......all of them! But thought the better of that chore. What was I thinking? Maybe a few here and there, of my favorites, but not ALL the albums. I'll just stick to my original idea and get them into some kind of order, by year. You can see just what Elmo thinks of the whole concept?!!! His eyes are 'bugged out with fear ' - fear that he'll have to help!!

But it'll be a task that goes way beyond my spring cleaning time. Oh and by the way....anyone want some shoes?

34 comments :

  1. * * I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS A CUTE ONE FOR WORDLESS...our cat Winston all asnooze on the bed, using my Raggedy Anni doll for a pillow

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat has a darn good life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. Your cat looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to collect dolls when I was a teen. That one is adorable. :-)

    Happy WW!!

    My Wordless Wednesday #7: Which Catwoman is the cat's meow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute indeed!! Cats find comfy places to snooze!!

    Mines up, happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cuddly and adorable! [mine's up -- the wednesday edition, that is :)]

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely delightful photo!
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's really cute !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni. How Cute Winston making Raggedy nis pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, it IS cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOmeone is comfortable! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a totally cute picture. My cats end to sleep on the pillow so you end up with a nose full of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww, he has a liddle gurfurriend.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any lap will do! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Anni,
    I am still going to be online. "PRAISE GOD" he answered the prayers. "THANK YOU" for all the prayers you have said for us. I appreciate them very much. I love how your cat is all snuggled up against your Raggedy Ann Doll. That is just too cute. He looks like one happy camper. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable. This is why I love animals so much!

    I've posted my Wordless Wednesday entry here and hope you'll drop by for a visit:

    http://writteninc.blogspot.com/2008/01/wordless-wednesday-monopolizing-car.html

    Hope you have a wonderful WW!

    All the best,

    Carmi

    ReplyDelete
  18. He sure looks comfy, snuggled up with Anni doll!


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Anni..Your cat looks very comfortable, as they always do! Shoes, now there is a subject I can deal with....I have worn Birks since the 70's and have several pair. My feet are ruined for any other shoe so when I clean if its not a Birk or very near a Birk ...out it goes. I love shoes and end up buying really cute ones..get them home and after a day can't wear them. Have a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, Winston looks like a very cute and snuggly fluffball. Happy W!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute is that! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cat, looks very comfy near the doll. As for those things you haven't been using, I'm with you in getting rid of these.

    My first time to join WW.

    Have a great week, Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, how cute! Looks like a very cozy kitty! :) Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Winston looks so comfy with your doll. What size shoes? LOL

    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great wordless! I too go barefoot more times than not but that doesn't lessen my love for shoes in the least!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Winston looks like a living fur stole!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni,

    Love your wordless Wednesday. That is a precious photo. Thanks for sharing.

    I started cleaning out my bedroom in the fall and never did get it complete. I must get to it now that we are back, but dread the thought. There is so much stuff accumulated and so little storage space, but I'm going to get it into some semblence of order.

    Enjoyed your post, as always. I will be a bit late posting today about the trip. This has been a busy day and I may wait until tomorrow to post photos.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  28. Charming photo.
    Points to you for clearing out some things and giving them to Goodwill. I need to do that more often. Six months ago, I had the carpet cleaners in. I ran out of time doing the advance cleaning and moving of furniture, so a bunch of things got shoved into the closet. They're still there.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Anni,I think Winston has a perfect place to rest and sleep...I have been busy like you for a few days cleaning out junk and giving my clothes that are too big to the salvation Army..I had three huge bags, plus coats on hangers..It feels good to find a home for them.Today I tackled the dining room and cleaned out the cabinets under the hatch and throw out old papers from my nursing days.I have a stack of books That I will donate to the library tomorrow...Wow.. I am ready to stop for the day..I don't know why the cleaning bug has a hold of me??LOL... take care,
    Baba

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cat is proctecting that doll!! :) She looks really comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm tackling these things too. Such a chore. Looking at things, deciding what to keep, what to toss. I just get plum tired thinking about it. My plan to redo my craft room on Monday has turned into a week long job.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.